Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  •   CHECKING THE FACTS

    The NFL is a pass-happy league.......

    .......But the stats show good teams still run the ball well. The Browns have the backs to do it.

    Don’t forget that.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Amen.

  •   CHECKING THE FACTS

    The NFL is a pass-happy league.......

    .......But the stats show good teams still run the ball well. The Browns have the backs to do it.

    Don’t forget that.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Amen.

    @mjp28 said:

      CHECKING THE FACTS

    The top 3 rushing teams Sea.,Balt,Rams..All lost a rotating RB piece during the season due to injury.. Add in Cinn/Bernard & Pitt/Conner too in the division.. Anna & Lynic department, should be screaming at JD.."no way you trade a RB piece!" 

  • Yup, you need to be able to run the ball respectably...but you ABSOLUTELY MUST be able to pass the ball, cos if you can't, your opponent will shut down your run and you'll be dead in the water. 

  • ST's providing even just better than league average play with far fewer penalties will increase wins by 2, maybe 3 games. You can't be worst in the league without paying a stiff price and we have for many seasons in a row now. Add vastly improved run stopping to the D and I think we are playoff bound.

  • Oh, boy.

    That’s a valid question, assuming:

    1. Hunt doesn’t have a long suspension.

    2. Hunt doesn’t get into any more trouble.

    Both of those are HUGE assumptions. The penalty for domestic violence is supposed to be at least a six-game suspension. Even before Hunt signed with the Browns last Monday, I heard he was facing at least a 10-game ban. That’s because the league was looking into at least two other incidents besides the video of Hunt shoving and kicking a woman in Cleveland last year........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh, boy. That just might come true stay tuned.

    Too bad after all of the good PR the BROWNS picked up in the 2018 season.

  • Maybe I’m carried away with optimism because of the 5-3 finish, but it is a new ballgame for the Browns.

    I think that we're all a little gun shy of being optimistic because of the past.  Dorsey & Mayfied (and hopefully Freddie) are certainly reasons to be optimistic.  Mayfield, however needs to fully understand that he cannot get hurt.  He has to throw it away, slide, get OB, or just plain fall down.  Without him, we'll suck.

  • I don't like Beckham.  He's an ass.....and would probably wind up being one wherever he goes.

  • 5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.

    6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?

  • 5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.

    6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?

    @mjp28 said:

    5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.

    6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?

    That sir is the question. I wonder if Landry could be a good influence?

    WSS

  • ^^ B.Perrimans agent is Drew RosenHaus..same as Crow & T.Pryor. Drew is sharing a bigger head with Antonio Bryant these days.(reps AB too).Higgins i think we get. Rosenhaus vs. Browns rep'ing Perriman? will be a dragout due to his 1st round value..Dorsey early response to Drew?..WR Jaylin Strong added..  

  • I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

    Mike

  • I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

    Mike

    Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated? 

    Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

    Mike

    Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated? 

    Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated? 

    Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team. 

    Same here. I think too often as fans we make up motivations for these guys in our heads. I think you would like to believe there might be more loyalty and respect for the organization that pick them up off the scrap Heap and turned their careers around.

    On the other hand it could be Perryman doesn't realized one of the things that made him look good this year who's being fortunate enough to have the most accurate quarterback in the league throwing to him. He likely would have that wherever Rosenhaus gets him the big bucks.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com//browns/2019/03/cleveland-browns-talkin-truth-about-going-for-it-and-what-makes-sense-in-2019-terry-pluto.html

    Sunday 

    That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?

    Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.

  • Oops looks like I pasted the wrong link.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com//browns/2019/03/cleveland-browns-talkin-truth-about-going-for-it-and-what-makes-sense-in-2019-terry-pluto.html

    Sunday 

    That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?

    Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.

    @texasag1969 said:

    That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?

    Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.

    ILB priority?  

    Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?

    Do you and your bosom buddy JD  think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?

    And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft?  (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs,  one of each?