The official Terry Pluto thread
-
-
Maybe I’m carried away with optimism because of the 5-3 finish, but it is a new ballgame for the Browns.
I think that we're all a little gun shy of being optimistic because of the past. Dorsey & Mayfied (and hopefully Freddie) are certainly reasons to be optimistic. Mayfield, however needs to fully understand that he cannot get hurt. He has to throw it away, slide, get OB, or just plain fall down. Without him, we'll suck.
-
-
-
5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.
6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●
Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?
-
5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.
6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●
Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?
5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.
6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●
Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?
That sir is the question. I wonder if Landry could be a good influence?
WSS
-
-
^^ B.Perrimans agent is Drew RosenHaus..same as Crow & T.Pryor. Drew is sharing a bigger head with Antonio Bryant these days.(reps AB too).Higgins i think we get. Rosenhaus vs. Browns rep'ing Perriman? will be a dragout due to his 1st round value..Dorsey early response to Drew?..WR Jaylin Strong added..
-
I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?
Mike
-
I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?
Mike
I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?
Mike
Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated?
Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team.
-
I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?
Mike
Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated?
Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team.
Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated?
Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team.
Same here. I think too often as fans we make up motivations for these guys in our heads. I think you would like to believe there might be more loyalty and respect for the organization that pick them up off the scrap Heap and turned their careers around.
On the other hand it could be Perryman doesn't realized one of the things that made him look good this year who's being fortunate enough to have the most accurate quarterback in the league throwing to him. He likely would have that wherever Rosenhaus gets him the big bucks.
WSS
-
@westside-steve said:
Sunday
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
-
Oops looks like I pasted the wrong link.
-
@westside-steve said:
Sunday
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
-
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
-
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
-
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
If the QBs go as early as expected it looks like Cincy @ #11 is the best guess for White's landing zone. I think we would have to give up #17 and #49 to move up ahead of them if we can find a trading partner. Maybe Buff @#9. We might get a later round pick from them in addition to their 1st rounder for our 1st and 2nd round picks depending upon whose value charts you use.
-
-
Frankly I like Collins even though he was overpaid. Too bad we couldn't restructure that contract. I like Danny Shelton and wonder if he couldn't play DL in a 4 3, and I liked Pierre Desir.
WSS
-
Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login