The official Terry Pluto thread
-
Oops looks like I pasted the wrong link.
-
@westside-steve said:
Sunday
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
-
That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.?
Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
-
ILB priority?
Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?
Do you and your bosom buddy JD think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?
And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft? (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs, one of each?
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
-
If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
Where is he being mocked to fall? White that is. Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10. They can use them to move up and get some contributors.
How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?
I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.
If the QBs go as early as expected it looks like Cincy @ #11 is the best guess for White's landing zone. I think we would have to give up #17 and #49 to move up ahead of them if we can find a trading partner. Maybe Buff @#9. We might get a later round pick from them in addition to their 1st rounder for our 1st and 2nd round picks depending upon whose value charts you use.
-
-
Frankly I like Collins even though he was overpaid. Too bad we couldn't restructure that contract. I like Danny Shelton and wonder if he couldn't play DL in a 4 3, and I liked Pierre Desir.
WSS
-
Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.
-
Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.
Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.
I am very rarely a fan of trading up.
WSS
-
This morning on the free agency flurry
WSS
-
This morning on the free agency flurry
WSS
This morning on the free agency flurry
WSS
I totally agree on the LB need. It has to be priority #1 followed by S now with OG coming in 3rd. There are some quality Ss in this draft that should be there in the 3rd. Do we trade off next year's #1 plus others for White? Or do we see who is still sitting there @ # 49.
-
This morning on the free agency flurry
WSS
I totally agree on the LB need. It has to be priority #1 followed by S now with OG coming in 3rd. There are some quality Ss in this draft that should be there in the 3rd. Do we trade off next year's #1 plus others for White? Or do we see who is still sitting there @ # 49.
I totally agree on the LB need. It has to be priority #1 followed by S now with OG coming in 3rd. There are some quality Ss in this draft that should be there in the 3rd. Do we trade off next year's #1 plus others for White? Or do we see who is still sitting there @ # 49.
I've never choked up about trading away first round picks but... Bill Belichick seems to make things work without a whole shitload of hi selections. We shall see.
Plus grabbing a lot of free agents is going to put us in the salary-cap shithouse pretty soon.
WSS
-
I still have the A&M vs NC.St. Gator bowl recorded. I am going to review it to see what Pratt did. However given that our RB set a Gator Bowl record against them, I suspect our center cleaned his clock on multiple occasions in that runaway win. I'll give my opinion by tomorrow.
EDIT: He skipped the Gator Bowl to make sure he avoided an injury. Sorry but I don't care for selfish players who screw over their teams like that. They obviously missed his abilities.
That being said I found this article on why we should draft him.
-
I still have the A&M vs NC.St. Gator bowl recorded. I am going to review it to see what Pratt did. However given that our RB set a Gator Bowl record against them, I suspect our center cleaned his clock on multiple occasions in that runaway win. I'll give my opinion by tomorrow.
EDIT: He skipped the Gator Bowl to make sure he avoided an injury. Sorry but I don't care for selfish players who screw over their teams like that. They obviously missed his abilities.
That being said I found this article on why we should draft him.
I still have the A&M vs NC.St. Gator bowl recorded. I am going to review it to see what Pratt did. However given that our RB set a Gator Bowl record against them, I suspect our center cleaned his clock on multiple occasions in that runaway win. I'll give my opinion by tomorrow.
EDIT: He skipped the Gator Bowl to make sure he avoided an injury. Sorry but I don't care for selfish players who screw over their teams like that. They obviously missed his abilities.
That being said I found this article on why we should draft him.
I felt like you for a very short while: that players that skip their Bowl game to prepare for the draft were selfish......but then I saw the light. Now I see these useless bowl games as just another way for the schools and the NCAA to exploit these players so that they can make money on the bowls while the players get diddley squat, except maybe a nice little trip.
I would not have a problem if every single player whose eligibility runs out, or who is about to be eligible for the draft were to skip these meaningless, non-playoff bowl games. Again, they are just designed to make money for the schools and to help pay the coaches their million plus dollar salary. Fuck all these useless bowls.
-
-
Talkin’ Cleveland Browns: Little-known factors behind John Dorsey’s big moves – Terry Pluto
Today 4:59 AMGood stuff on how Dorsey "leans on analytics", Corbett/Zeitler, Garrett/Vernon and "pressuring" the QB, and OBJ/Landry and the love of the game.
-
Talkin’ Cleveland Browns: Little-known factors behind John Dorsey’s big moves – Terry Pluto
Today 4:59 AMGood stuff on how Dorsey "leans on analytics", Corbett/Zeitler, Garrett/Vernon and "pressuring" the QB, and OBJ/Landry and the love of the game.
Talkin’ Cleveland Browns: Little-known factors behind John Dorsey’s big moves – Terry Pluto
Today 4:59 AMGood stuff on how Dorsey "leans on analytics", Corbett/Zeitler, Garrett/Vernon and "pressuring" the QB, and OBJ/Landry and the love of the game.
You beat me to it. Just getting ready to post that.
WSS
-
5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.
6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●
Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?
5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.
6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●
Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?
And now to see how this works out in real life.......with Mayfield's gun.

-
Today yeah I wondered but I think somebody back East is rebuilding.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login