The official Terry Pluto thread
-
This is a great thread, glad to help keep it going!
My favorite sports writer. Hall of Famer especially when it comes to baseball. Big loss for the Beacon Journal. Then again so was the sale by McClatchy.
WSS
My favorite sports writer. Hall of Famer especially when it comes to baseball. Big loss for the Beacon Journal. Then again so was the sale by McClatchy.
WSS
There was a time growing up when the Beacon Journal's sports section was every bit as good as the Plain Dealer's, and Pluto was a big reason for it.Β
-
I like Pluto (who doesn't?) & I was a huge Hal Lebowitz fan. I was a Plain Dealer paperboy & 1st thing I read daily was the column "Ask Hal".
Mike
-
I like Pluto (who doesn't?) & I was a huge Hal Lebowitz fan. I was a Plain Dealer paperboy & 1st thing I read daily was the column "Ask Hal".
Mike
I like Pluto (who doesn't?) & I was a huge Hal Lebowitz fan. I was a Plain Dealer paperboy & 1st thing I read daily was the column "Ask Hal".
Mike
Did you go on to use it in the outhouse after that trek through the snow?
οΈ
οΈ?
-
I like Pluto (who doesn't?) & I was a huge Hal Lebowitz fan. I was a Plain Dealer paperboy & 1st thing I read daily was the column "Ask Hal".
Mike
Did you go on to use it in the outhouse after that trek through the snow?
οΈ
οΈ?
Did you go on to use it in the outhouse after that trek through the snow?
οΈ
οΈ?
You betcha!!Β

Mike
-
Pluto high on Takitaki, "eh" on Wilson.Β
-
Pluto high on Takitaki, "eh" on Wilson.Β
Pluto high on Takitaki, "eh" on Wilson.Β
Sorry but you also have to take into account the level of competition. SEC vs PAC-12? Give me NFL lite any day of the week and this gets reflected every year in the NFL draft.
That said, I hope they both prove out to be pro-bowl caliber. I'd take that any day of the week over winning an argument about which is the better pick.
-
Pluto high on Takitaki, "eh" on Wilson.Β
Sorry but you also have to take into account the level of competition. SEC vs PAC-12? Give me NFL lite any day of the week and this gets reflected every year in the NFL draft.
That said, I hope they both prove out to be pro-bowl caliber. I'd take that any day of the week over winning an argument about which is the better pick.
Sorry but you also have to take into account the level of competition. SEC vs PAC-12? Give me NFL lite any day of the week and this gets reflected every year in the NFL draft.
That said, I hope they both prove out to be pro-bowl caliber. I'd take that any day of the week over winning an argument about which is the better pick.
I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just posting his article.Β
-
Takitaki.... a freelancing Edge defender...
Vs.
Wilson... a role-playing ILB in a very tightly scripted D.
Which one do you think will produce the most "highlights"?
-
Takitaki.... a freelancing Edge defender...
Vs.
Wilson... a role-playing ILB in a very tightly scripted D.
Which one do you think will produce the most "highlights"?
Takitaki.... a freelancing Edge defender...
Vs.
Wilson... a role-playing ILB in a very tightly scripted D.
Which one do you think will produce the most "highlights"?
Interest choice. Our freelancing LB from NE never seemed to be around to stop the runs to the L side of our defense, so give me the ILB who can do that and also very good at dropping into coverage on obvious passing downs. That would be Wilson.
-
My comment was in response to Pluto seemingly being swayed by the volume of impact plays inTakitaki's BYU tape.
-
Takitaki.... a freelancing Edge defender...
Vs.
Wilson... a role-playing ILB in a very tightly scripted D.
Which one do you think will produce the most "highlights"?
Takitaki.... a freelancing Edge defender...
Vs.
Wilson... a role-playing ILB in a very tightly scripted D.
Which one do you think will produce the most "highlights"?
It's a fair point, but I've read several times how Mack Wilson didn't "pop" on tape, and that's extremely evident by where we drafted him. I mean, he's a linebacker from freakin Alabama. If he's got a pulse he's drafted before the 5th round, so SOMETHING was wrong with his film. That level of analysis is beyond my scope, but if you're a 5 star linebacker recruit that goes to Alabama, you're getting a ton of coverage, and I'm guessing the scouts didn't like what they saw. On the other hand, I do love the POTENTIAL Mack Wilson has, and if lets that chip on his shoulder guide him the right way, watch out.Β
-

-
I think stories like this are always interesting.
WSS
-
June 4th Lake Community College Uniontown, going to try to make that talk. Maybe see some of you Summit and Stark County guys.
WSS
-
June 4th Lake Community College Uniontown, going to try to make that talk. Maybe see some of you Summit and Stark County guys.
WSS
June 4th Lake Community College Uniontown, going to try to make that talk. Maybe see some of you Summit and Stark County guys.
WSS
Lake Community Library, Steve.Β
Very interesting article.Β
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login