Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Wasn't Ryan Tucker a Right Tackle?

    Yeah. Maybe he meant Ross Verba?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Yeah. Maybe he meant Ross Verba?

    Wasn't Verba a Left tackle?

    Maybe Eric Steinbach?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Is there something else it should be called?  

    tumblr_inline_nvmruyO6DE1qh8qgw_500.gif

    Ryan is the Country singer,  Tucker is the Western singer.

    You dodged the question. You DO call it a davenport, don’t you? You and your davenport. Do you also like to sit a spell on said davenport? And how long of a spell?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    You dodged the question. You DO call it a davenport, don’t you? You and your davenport. Do you also like to sit a spell on said davenport? And how long of a spell?

    What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

    And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    You dodged the question. You DO call it a davenport, don’t you? You and your davenport. Do you also like to sit a spell on said davenport? And how long of a spell?

    What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

    And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

    @the-gipper said:

    What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

    And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

    Well played, haha. Clearly you drive a Renault.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

    And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

    Well played, haha. Clearly you drive a Renault.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Well played, haha. Clearly you drive a Renault.

    Nyetski!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kyu Sakamoto

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kyu Sakamoto

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

    @texasag1969 said:

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

    No,  I didn't really even know who he was.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

    No,  I didn't really even know who he was.

    @the-gipper said:

    No,  I didn't really even know who he was.

    Ah. There is only one reason I knew. That girlfriend of mine who moved to Ohio had a thing for all things Japanese, so when that song came out she learned to sing it in that language. It was her favorite song during the one year we went "steady" together before she left. So fond memories is the only reason I know who he was and knew when and how he died. I bet if I sent her an email today she could even give me the date of death without looking it up. My wife and I do still have a friendship with her. We've taken a couple of trips up there and stayed with she and her husband while visiting the Kimble art museum. Wonderful place with excellent visiting exhibits and a decent collection of their own.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kyu Sakamoto

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

    @texasag1969 said:

    Trivia for you Gip. Were you aware he was killed in the deadliest single aircraft disaster in history? 1985.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

    I remembered that such a huge tragedy and in later "whodunit" avaition shows.  It also hastened the eventual replacing the old jumbo jets in particular the old favorite of mine the 747's.  I loved those in particularly for the long range trips like Chicago to Honolulu non-stop.

    In Japan they flew them like buses or trains. Too bad.....

  • Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

  • Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

    Hard to argue with. Still I don't think we were at the point where we needed a good guy players coach. Sometimes those guys are great after a few years of Forest Gregg but that wasn't the case. Gregg Williams might have been tough but not to the point of being a burden. I didn't love his defense but I don't love the defense now and it should be a lot better now if for no other reason than the upgrades on the roster. I don't know if a Lincoln Riley could whip these recruits in the shape or not.

    WSS

  • Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

  • Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

    Zap

    WSS

  • Terry says what we all think.

    It’s sad.

    Mayfield seems lost. The Browns seem deflated.

    And most of all, the fans probably feel more than a little cheated by how the team has played this season.....EOM

  • @gumby73 said:

    glad Pluto has the nut-sack to print it..  https://cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-deserve-to-be-criticized-for-selfishness-and-immaturity.html    

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    I'm not downing Kitchens but the problem I had with Kitchens being named HC is that Greg Williams earned that right. We saw good improvement with the team last year after Williams became interim HC and the credit for the improvement should have went to the HC Williams. Since we did see the improvement with Williams I wanted to leave the same coaching staff in place for this season. Why try to fix something that wasn't broken as well as it seemed the right thing to do to reward Williams as the HC for the improvement. Williams may not have been the long term answer but one thing he brought to the table was discipline. 

    That is water under the bridge now and I am still hoping that Kitchens is just going through a learning curve as a rookie HC. Dorsey obviously believed in him and I respect Dorsey's judgement.

  • @gumby73 said:

    glad Pluto has the nut-sack to print it..  https://cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-deserve-to-be-criticized-for-selfishness-and-immaturity.html    

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    I'm not downing Kitchens but the problem I had with Kitchens being named HC is that Greg Williams earned that right. We saw good improvement with the team last year after Williams became interim HC and the credit for the improvement should have went to the HC Williams. Since we did see the improvement with Williams I wanted to leave the same coaching staff in place for this season. Why try to fix something that wasn't broken as well as it seemed the right thing to do to reward Williams as the HC for the improvement. Williams may not have been the long term answer but one thing he brought to the table was discipline. 

    That is water under the bridge now and I am still hoping that Kitchens is just going through a learning curve as a rookie HC. Dorsey obviously believed in him and I respect Dorsey's judgement.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too.Colts showed some of that & they can't cover a TE.. And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too.Colts showed some of that & they can't cover a TE.. And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

    @gumby73 said:

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too... And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

    I don't understand on short yard situations why we seem to run a lot of pulling guards stuff with Chubb running laterally instead of having a hard runner like Chubb running hard going north and south? Many times I see defenses slice in and tackle Chubb behind the line of scrimmage. And then there are critical running plays that our best runner is for unknown reasons not being used? Rule of thumb for me in critical plays always go to your best players.

    I agree with you we should play against the other teams weakness and we should be running the ball against the Bills. We have a great runner with Chubb.