Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

  • Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sounds like he thinks Freddy is a goner too. 
     When you have a good thing going, you keep it. Not us though. Back to the dumpster fire

    Hard to argue with. Still I don't think we were at the point where we needed a good guy players coach. Sometimes those guys are great after a few years of Forest Gregg but that wasn't the case. Gregg Williams might have been tough but not to the point of being a burden. I didn't love his defense but I don't love the defense now and it should be a lot better now if for no other reason than the upgrades on the roster. I don't know if a Lincoln Riley could whip these recruits in the shape or not.

    WSS

  • Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

  • Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Last year 7 games in, it was all about lack of discipline and accountability. The players were bitching about the lack of both.  This year it’s the same thing.  Lack of discipline and accountability.  And we all have seen firsthand how the right HC can have an immediate impact on both. Fuck Fat Freddy and his cat

    Zap

    WSS

  • Terry says what we all think.

    It’s sad.

    Mayfield seems lost. The Browns seem deflated.

    And most of all, the fans probably feel more than a little cheated by how the team has played this season.....EOM

  • @gumby73 said:

    glad Pluto has the nut-sack to print it..  https://cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-deserve-to-be-criticized-for-selfishness-and-immaturity.html    

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    I'm not downing Kitchens but the problem I had with Kitchens being named HC is that Greg Williams earned that right. We saw good improvement with the team last year after Williams became interim HC and the credit for the improvement should have went to the HC Williams. Since we did see the improvement with Williams I wanted to leave the same coaching staff in place for this season. Why try to fix something that wasn't broken as well as it seemed the right thing to do to reward Williams as the HC for the improvement. Williams may not have been the long term answer but one thing he brought to the table was discipline. 

    That is water under the bridge now and I am still hoping that Kitchens is just going through a learning curve as a rookie HC. Dorsey obviously believed in him and I respect Dorsey's judgement.

  • @gumby73 said:

    glad Pluto has the nut-sack to print it..  https://cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-deserve-to-be-criticized-for-selfishness-and-immaturity.html    

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    I'm not downing Kitchens but the problem I had with Kitchens being named HC is that Greg Williams earned that right. We saw good improvement with the team last year after Williams became interim HC and the credit for the improvement should have went to the HC Williams. Since we did see the improvement with Williams I wanted to leave the same coaching staff in place for this season. Why try to fix something that wasn't broken as well as it seemed the right thing to do to reward Williams as the HC for the improvement. Williams may not have been the long term answer but one thing he brought to the table was discipline. 

    That is water under the bridge now and I am still hoping that Kitchens is just going through a learning curve as a rookie HC. Dorsey obviously believed in him and I respect Dorsey's judgement.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too.Colts showed some of that & they can't cover a TE.. And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Pluto totally nails it..after diagnosing the main problem is this team able to fix the problems? 

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too.Colts showed some of that & they can't cover a TE.. And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

    @gumby73 said:

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too... And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

    I don't understand on short yard situations why we seem to run a lot of pulling guards stuff with Chubb running laterally instead of having a hard runner like Chubb running hard going north and south? Many times I see defenses slice in and tackle Chubb behind the line of scrimmage. And then there are critical running plays that our best runner is for unknown reasons not being used? Rule of thumb for me in critical plays always go to your best players.

    I agree with you we should play against the other teams weakness and we should be running the ball against the Bills. We have a great runner with Chubb.

  • @gumby73 said:

    we have 2 teams in front of us that we have to bloody some noses up front & run the damm football..Bills rank 3rd overall & 3rd against the pass. 19th against the run.. Mikah Fitzpatrick/Haden has made running the ball the trick, running at Pittsburgh too... And god please, get Baker out of the huddle into a up tempo offense in both...I'd like to see our defense play from ahead for once..than twice 

    I don't understand on short yard situations why we seem to run a lot of pulling guards stuff with Chubb running laterally instead of having a hard runner like Chubb running hard going north and south? Many times I see defenses slice in and tackle Chubb behind the line of scrimmage. And then there are critical running plays that our best runner is for unknown reasons not being used? Rule of thumb for me in critical plays always go to your best players.

    I agree with you we should play against the other teams weakness and we should be running the ball against the Bills. We have a great runner with Chubb.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I agree with you we should play against the other teams weakness and we should be running the ball against the Bills. We have a great runner with Chubb.

    And an even greater inside the 5 runner in Hunt. Chubb's power and even greater ability to make people miss in a phonebooth.

  • From Discover on Google

    It just popped up on my Google feed but it's a little bit dated

  • And this morning discussing the upcoming game.

    From Discover on Google

  • Another step in getting this season turned around?

    17. A victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night could be a season-changer for the Browns. It’s a home game. It would be two wins in four days for a team that was on a four-game losing streak. A loss...well...when a team is 3-6 like the Browns, every loss is a major setback.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-terrys-talkin-what-was-lost-in-myles-garrett-fight-suspension.html

    This morning.

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Schobert had arguably his best game as a pro. IMO Mayfield did too. I didn’t even realize the Oline played penalty free ball until l read this. 

    Our defense’s dominance. Kitchens seemingly making positive steps as the HC. Our continued good special teams play (except for Seibert this game),

    Hell, the incident deflected other bad things that happened as well. I guess Seibert gets a pass this week for missing 2 FGs. And poor Burnett who played his heart out for us until his achilles ruptured. 

    Imagine how different and upbeat this Board would be had the game only lasted 59:52? Just a shame.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-terrys-talkin-what-was-lost-in-myles-garrett-fight-suspension.html

    This morning.

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Schobert had arguably his best game as a pro. IMO Mayfield did too. I didn’t even realize the Oline played penalty free ball until l read this. 

    Our defense’s dominance. Kitchens seemingly making positive steps as the HC. Our continued good special teams play (except for Seibert this game),

    Hell, the incident deflected other bad things that happened as well. I guess Seibert gets a pass this week for missing 2 FGs. And poor Burnett who played his heart out for us until his achilles ruptured. 

    Imagine how different and upbeat this Board would be had the game only lasted 59:52? Just a shame.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

    I won't lie, at first I definitely felt that way. After some time to digest, I can reflect on the many positives that came from the game. I think it especially hurt because it wasn't just any team we beat. The victory was a chance to exorcise demons that should have long since been evicted. 

    It hurts, it sucks, and it's yet another black eye on our franchise. If it DOESN'T happen, we go into the Fins game almost full strength. A Fins team that just gave up about 7 sacks. After that, we play the same Steelers team that we completely shut down. It feels different now, and whether or not it truly IS different, I guess we'll find out. We lost our best player, minus the QB. That's a bitter pill. 

    I was hopeful Vernon could return, but it's not lookin good. Hope I'm wrong. I will tell everyone NOT to underestimate Ryan Fitzpatrick, as he's beaten plenty of people in his career. Is he streaky? Hell yes, but if you give him time, he can beat you.