Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • And this morning discussing the upcoming game.

    From Discover on Google

  • Another step in getting this season turned around?

    17. A victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night could be a season-changer for the Browns. It’s a home game. It would be two wins in four days for a team that was on a four-game losing streak. A loss...well...when a team is 3-6 like the Browns, every loss is a major setback.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-terrys-talkin-what-was-lost-in-myles-garrett-fight-suspension.html

    This morning.

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Schobert had arguably his best game as a pro. IMO Mayfield did too. I didn’t even realize the Oline played penalty free ball until l read this. 

    Our defense’s dominance. Kitchens seemingly making positive steps as the HC. Our continued good special teams play (except for Seibert this game),

    Hell, the incident deflected other bad things that happened as well. I guess Seibert gets a pass this week for missing 2 FGs. And poor Burnett who played his heart out for us until his achilles ruptured. 

    Imagine how different and upbeat this Board would be had the game only lasted 59:52? Just a shame.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-terrys-talkin-what-was-lost-in-myles-garrett-fight-suspension.html

    This morning.

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Schobert had arguably his best game as a pro. IMO Mayfield did too. I didn’t even realize the Oline played penalty free ball until l read this. 

    Our defense’s dominance. Kitchens seemingly making positive steps as the HC. Our continued good special teams play (except for Seibert this game),

    Hell, the incident deflected other bad things that happened as well. I guess Seibert gets a pass this week for missing 2 FGs. And poor Burnett who played his heart out for us until his achilles ruptured. 

    Imagine how different and upbeat this Board would be had the game only lasted 59:52? Just a shame.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Good article. One of the many shames in the Garrett incident is it created a big ol’ forcefield around the hearts and minds of Browns fans everywhere deflecting all the positives that happened during the game.

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not for me. I saw us play one of our two best efforts of the year. Shit happens and like injuries, you move on to the next game. Now we have a void to fill and we have had since Th night to do so.

    I won't lie, at first I definitely felt that way. After some time to digest, I can reflect on the many positives that came from the game. I think it especially hurt because it wasn't just any team we beat. The victory was a chance to exorcise demons that should have long since been evicted. 

    It hurts, it sucks, and it's yet another black eye on our franchise. If it DOESN'T happen, we go into the Fins game almost full strength. A Fins team that just gave up about 7 sacks. After that, we play the same Steelers team that we completely shut down. It feels different now, and whether or not it truly IS different, I guess we'll find out. We lost our best player, minus the QB. That's a bitter pill. 

    I was hopeful Vernon could return, but it's not lookin good. Hope I'm wrong. I will tell everyone NOT to underestimate Ryan Fitzpatrick, as he's beaten plenty of people in his career. Is he streaky? Hell yes, but if you give him time, he can beat you. 

  • Terry Pluto has so much class and style in his writings, good read.  (too bad what's his name spoiled the party)

    16. Kitchens mentioned the Browns are 2-0 in the AFC North and this is the first time the Browns have defeated Pittsburgh and the Baltimore Ravens in the same season. That’s why this 4-6 season has been frustrating. A few times, the Browns have shown they can be a good team.

    ........also I'm glad that Westside Steve put this thread together.  😉

  • Terry Pluto has so much class and style in his writings, good read.  (too bad what's his name spoiled the party)

    16. Kitchens mentioned the Browns are 2-0 in the AFC North and this is the first time the Browns have defeated Pittsburgh and the Baltimore Ravens in the same season. That’s why this 4-6 season has been frustrating. A few times, the Browns have shown they can be a good team.

    ........also I'm glad that Westside Steve put this thread together.  😉

    @mjp28 said:

    Terry Pluto has so much class and style in his writings, good read.  (too bad what's his name spoiled the party)

    16. Kitchens mentioned the Browns are 2-0 in the AFC North and this is the first time the Browns have defeated Pittsburgh and the Baltimore Ravens in the same season. That’s why this 4-6 season has been frustrating. A few times, the Browns have shown they can be a good team.

    And that's just it, man. And the inconsistency has come from such a variety of things that it's infuriating. Turnovers one game, penalties another, red zone woes, defense giving up the untimely drive when we have a lead, or whatever else. Now you add in the fact that we lost our best non-qb player for the year and you're thinking, "Geez, NOW what?!" 

    It's frustrating because our team can't seem to get out of its own way! How impressive does that Ravens victory look now? Lamar Jackson looks unstoppable, like him or not. We put together two wins in a row, our team was starting to come together, and with 8 seconds left it falls apart. Man, it just feels awful, ya know? This team had so much promise. Hopefully we can get one more win against the Fins, but I gotta tell ya, if I was a betting man, I'd be taking the Fins to at least cover, if not win. I just don't know if we're going to be able to win shorthanded after the emotional toll taken on everyone. We're going to find out a lot about Freddie Kitchens Sunday, and his offense is likely going to need more than 21 to give the home crowd another W. 

  • Another step in getting this season turned around?

    17. A victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night could be a season-changer for the Browns. It’s a home game. It would be two wins in four days for a team that was on a four-game losing streak. A loss...well...when a team is 3-6 like the Browns, every loss is a major setback.

    @mjp28 said:

    Another step in getting this season turned around?

    17. A victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night could be a season-changer for the Browns. It’s a home game. It would be two wins in four days for a team that was on a four-game losing streak. A loss...well...when a team is 3-6 like the Browns, every loss is a major setback.

    And remember back before the game where this team was.

  • From Discover on Google

  • From Discover on Google

    @westside-steve said:

    From Discover on Google

    Good piece on the coach.

  • From early Monday morning, this team growing up and together.  (I just saw this Steve.)

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-postgame-scribbles-some-signs-of-growing-up-and-growing-together.html

  • Good piece but two things stood out to me (besides Chubb):

    6. Because of suspensions (Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi) and an injury (Olivier Vernon), Sheldon Richardson was the only usual starting defensive lineman on the field. He delivered two sacks, a tackle for a loss and batted down a pass. Linebacker Joe Schobert had two interceptions... again! That’s four in two games. Schobert is the only Browns defensive player to be on the field for 100 percent of the snaps this season.

    17. Pittsburgh did win and raised its record to 6-5. The Browns are 5-6. Next Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh has a major impact on which of the two teams stays in the wild card playoff race.

  • Today from Terry Pluto, a good Thanksgiving weekend read! 

    CLEVELAND – Every Thanksgiving, I write Thank You column to you, the readers.

    Without you, the readers.

    There is no us, the writers.

    I am especially thankful because I started in this business when stories were written on typewriters.

    Some of you reading that sentence may think, “I’ve heard of typewriter. Not sure what it looked like or what it did. Was it compatible with MAC or Microsoft?"

    That’s OK. When I covered the Indians during my first tour of duty at The Plain Dealer, we went on West Coast trips via wagon train...... continued......

     https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-sports-a-reason-to-give-thanks-to-fans-readers-and-the-teams-we-watch.html

  • We saw it, Terry said it......  

    ......Then you look at the game plan the Browns had for Pittsburgh... and what happened?

    The Browns lost to a Steeler team without its star QB (Ben Roethlisbeger), best wide receiver (JuJu Smith-Schuster), top running back (James Conner) and Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey (suspended).

    The Browns were up 10-0 in the middle of the second quarter. The Steelers made some adjustments. Then the Browns just looked like a bunch of guys who couldn’t find their cellphone, staggering around feeling lost......

  • Pluto:

    "Browns fans, I don’t know how you endure this year after year. I really don’t.

    I’d like to say that I feel sorry for you, but those words are so hollow.

    You deserve better."

    This is beyond frustrating at this point.