Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • CLEVELAND, Ohio — Talking to myself about where the Browns stand with their coaching search:

    QUESTION: All the other teams have their coaches, isn’t that a good thing for the Browns?

    ANSWER: If they do it right, that’s true.

    Q: Meaning what?.......

  • Just a step back from all of this Browns and other stuff, from Terry Pluto.   https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/2020/01/faith-you-what-me-worry-well-sometimes-i-do-now-what.html

    CLEVELAND – On my facebook page, I asked readers a few questions about worry, including “What is the dumbest thing you’ve worried about?”........

    Good read.

  • From Terry .......   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/was-it-a-good-idea-for-cleveland-browns-to-pick-kevin-stefanski-over-josh-mcdaniels.html

    1.  Based on my emails, very few Browns fans are thrilled with the hiring of Kevin Stefanski as the team’s new head coach. That’s understandable. Who really knows if the 37-year former Minnesota offensive coordinator can do the job?.......

  • From Terry .......   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/was-it-a-good-idea-for-cleveland-browns-to-pick-kevin-stefanski-over-josh-mcdaniels.html

    1.  Based on my emails, very few Browns fans are thrilled with the hiring of Kevin Stefanski as the team’s new head coach. That’s understandable. Who really knows if the 37-year former Minnesota offensive coordinator can do the job?.......

    @mjp28 said:

    From Terry .......   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/was-it-a-good-idea-for-cleveland-browns-to-pick-kevin-stefanski-over-josh-mcdaniels.html

    1.  Based on my emails, very few Browns fans are thrilled with the hiring of Kevin Stefanski as the team’s new head coach. That’s understandable. Who really knows if the 37-year former Minnesota offensive coordinator can do the job?.......

    also from Terry...

    13. If I had to pick between Stefanski and McDaniels, I’d go with Stefanski.

  • @mjp28 said:

    From Terry .......   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/was-it-a-good-idea-for-cleveland-browns-to-pick-kevin-stefanski-over-josh-mcdaniels.html

    1.  Based on my emails, very few Browns fans are thrilled with the hiring of Kevin Stefanski as the team’s new head coach. That’s understandable. Who really knows if the 37-year former Minnesota offensive coordinator can do the job?.......

    also from Terry...

    13. If I had to pick between Stefanski and McDaniels, I’d go with Stefanski.

    @tour2ma said:

    also from Terry...

    13. If I had to pick between Stefanski and McDaniels, I’d go with Stefanski.

    It don't fucking matter.  It only matters if they win.  The choice has been made....now we just have some more years (1 at least)  to show whether it was good or bad. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    also from Terry...

    13. If I had to pick between Stefanski and McDaniels, I’d go with Stefanski.

    It don't fucking matter.  It only matters if they win.  The choice has been made....now we just have some more years (1 at least)  to show whether it was good or bad. 

    @the-gipper said:

    It don't fucking matter.  It only matters if they win.  The choice has been made....now we just have some more years (1 at least)  to show whether it was good or bad. 

    I'm pumped Gipper. I don't have time to get into all of the details, but hopefully I will soon. I know everyone is excited! Lol

  • Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    WSS

  • Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    WSS

    Well....to me, those are not a concern, until they are a concern.  For now all that is speculation.  Fair speculation, but I won't be concerned until it actually happens. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    WSS

    Well....to me, those are not a concern, until they are a concern.  For now all that is speculation.  Fair speculation, but I won't be concerned until it actually happens. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....to me, those are not a concern, until they are a concern.  For now all that is speculation.  Fair speculation, but I won't be concerned until it actually happens. 

    999,999 out of a million words on this entire board are speculation. 

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....to me, those are not a concern, until they are a concern.  For now all that is speculation.  Fair speculation, but I won't be concerned until it actually happens. 

    999,999 out of a million words on this entire board are speculation. 

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    999,999 out of a million words on this entire board are speculation. 

    WSS

    Yes,  and how much of that speculation comes true?    I am just saying I am not at this point going to hide in my bomb shelter because at some point it is speculated that the earth may be hit by an asteroid. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    999,999 out of a million words on this entire board are speculation. 

    WSS

    Yes,  and how much of that speculation comes true?    I am just saying I am not at this point going to hide in my bomb shelter because at some point it is speculated that the earth may be hit by an asteroid. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  and how much of that speculation comes true?   

    Unfortunately only one member, sorry ex-member, of this board was consistently correct. At least since the beginning of the rule of King Jimmy. And that's only because he consistently predicted Doom and Gloom.

    WSS

  • Mayfield and discipline.

    13. Reviving Mayfield can change so much for the franchise. Did Mayfield work as hard as needed last summer? He probably thinks so, but the data indicates otherwise. Stefanski needs to sit down and discuss with Mayfield what it takes to be a long-term, productive QB in the NFL. It’s not easy, especially when commercials and other things came so soon to Mayfield last summer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  and how much of that speculation comes true?   

    Unfortunately only one member, sorry ex-member, of this board was consistently correct. At least since the beginning of the rule of King Jimmy. And that's only because he consistently predicted Doom and Gloom.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Unfortunately only one member, sorry ex-member, of this board was consistently correct. At least since the beginning of the rule of King Jimmy. And that's only because he consistently predicted Doom and Gloom.

    WSS

    Like Coach Sam used to say.. "Throw enough shit on the wall".."Some of it is bound to stick"

  • Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

    There are enough legitimate concerns to worry about without making shtuff up.

    For me the key is the prep of the individual development plans Stef talked about in his intro. If these are done well, then it should be easy for players to buy in.

    Same message to Terry who's worrying about OTA attendance. Whether OBJ or any other vet attends any in 2020 says nothing about Stef as a HC. It might say something in 2021, but not this year.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

    There are enough legitimate concerns to worry about without making shtuff up.

    For me the key is the prep of the individual development plans Stef talked about in his intro. If these are done well, then it should be easy for players to buy in.

    Same message to Terry who's worrying about OTA attendance. Whether OBJ or any other vet attends any in 2020 says nothing about Stef as a HC. It might say something in 2021, but not this year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

    Those are question marks. I count 6.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

    Those are question marks. I count 6.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Those are question marks. I count 6.

    lol... Very good...

    Now can you guess how many fingers I am holding up?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Here's a concern. Stefanski got the job apparently because he ceded authority to run the team to people that included Jimmy and Dee.  Is anyone else nervous than about his ability to stand up  to obj Landry maybe even Baker or anyone else? And even if he can the minute Depo or the Haslam's make him back down his stature in the locker room will be pretty much gone.

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

    There are enough legitimate concerns to worry about without making shtuff up.

    For me the key is the prep of the individual development plans Stef talked about in his intro. If these are done well, then it should be easy for players to buy in.

    Same message to Terry who's worrying about OTA attendance. Whether OBJ or any other vet attends any in 2020 says nothing about Stef as a HC. It might say something in 2021, but not this year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Make him back down??? Ceded authority???

     Yes. From what they've been talking about this new alignment requires the coach to sit down with Jimmy and Dee Etc before putting together a game plan. Seems to me like they want a lot more Hands-On interaction with the day-to-day planning of the team. If you don't think Jimmy and Dee would ever override the coach's decision then feel free to tell me you think I'm wrong. On the other hand if you think there's a possibility (or even a probability) that they might pull something like telling Mike Pettine he had to start Johnny (which undermined the coach's Authority whether you believe it or not) then you might agree that I at least have a legitimate concern.

    There are enough legitimate concerns to worry about without making shtuff up.

    For me the key is the prep of the individual development plans Stef talked about in his intro. If these are done well, then it should be easy for players to buy in.

    Same message to Terry who's worrying about OTA attendance. Whether OBJ or any other vet attends any in 2020 says nothing about Stef as a HC. It might say something in 2021, but not this year.

     yes but that concern is not mutually exclusive of my own.

    WSS

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Those are question marks. I count 6.

    lol... Very good...

    Now can you guess how many fingers I am holding up?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Very good...

    Now can you guess how many fingers I am holding up?

    Up what? Valuable information ya know!☝️✌️? and of course the Texas favorite?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Those are question marks. I count 6.

    lol... Very good...

    Now can you guess how many fingers I am holding up?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Very good...

    Now can you guess how many fingers I am holding up?

    Ahhhhhh, one ?   😆