The official Terry Pluto thread
-
If I'm hot I want to play not sit. You can get rusty after a bye even a Thursday game.
Besides what are we die hards gonna do Sunday?

They went ten weeks without a break plus OT games. Not many teams play 10 in a row anymore and with new coaches, the break could be a very good thing. I know what you mean about riding hot. This is a different situation tho and the break could mean big things the rest of the way.
-
Hopefully. Not the prototypical AFC North but neither was Brian Sipe.
WSS
-
If I'm hot I want to play not sit. You can get rusty after a bye even a Thursday game.
Besides what are we die hards gonna do Sunday?

They went ten weeks without a break plus OT games. Not many teams play 10 in a row anymore and with new coaches, the break could be a very good thing. I know what you mean about riding hot. This is a different situation tho and the break could mean big things the rest of the way.
They went ten weeks without a break plus OT games. Not many teams play 10 in a row anymore and with new coaches, the break could be a very good thing. I know what you mean about riding hot. This is a different situation tho and the break could mean big things the rest of the way.
For a young team I would prefer an earlier BYE to get everyone on the same page maybe around week 6 or 7.
-
They went ten weeks without a break plus OT games. Not many teams play 10 in a row anymore and with new coaches, the break could be a very good thing. I know what you mean about riding hot. This is a different situation tho and the break could mean big things the rest of the way.
For a young team I would prefer an earlier BYE to get everyone on the same page maybe around week 6 or 7.
-
I think there were two briefly, it was a mess schedule wise......should look that up but I'm too lazy right now.
OK I did.....
........The NFL added the bye week in 1990[5] so as to extend the 16-game regular season schedule to span 17 weeks to increase the number of viewable games for TV contracts. The 1993 NFL season spanned 18 weeks with each team having 2 bye weeks. In the rare case of a game postponement that cannot be made up within the week,[6] a bye week may act as an available date to reschedule the delayed game, with the day of postponement acting as the new "bye week"; although both teams would have to be available on the same bye week; this was done during the 2008 NFL season when the Baltimore Ravensand the Houston Texans had to reschedule their Week 2 matchup in Houston due to Hurricane Ike, which also impacted the Cincinnati Bengals' schedule.[7] Similarly, the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were given a Week 1 bye week due to Hurricane Irma in the 2017 season..........
-
I should think that the extra tv money from two bye weeks and extra season time would be lucrative.
I should think that the extra tv money from two bye weeks and extra season time would be lucrative.
As I remember there was grumbling about it I'm not sure if it was NFLPA or what but it went away quick.
I think one bye might be good for the players and team -but- it sure can screw with your FL.

-
I should think that the extra tv money from two bye weeks and extra season time would be lucrative.
As I remember there was grumbling about it I'm not sure if it was NFLPA or what but it went away quick.
I think one bye might be good for the players and team -but- it sure can screw with your FL.

As I remember there was grumbling about it I'm not sure if it was NFLPA or what but it went away quick.
I think one bye might be good for the players and team -but- it sure can screw with your FL.

That was what was so ironic with my high score this past week. I had 5 WRs/RBs in bye weeks and had no choice but to play Barkley (NYJ), Lindsey (DEN), Hopkins (Hou), R.Smith (NO) and Hill (KC). Brees at home was a no brainer over Ryan (ATL).
-
Back to our friend Terry.......
........ He’s never won a playoff game, but four times his teams have reached the postseason.
Dalton became a starter in 2011, the same year the Browns opened the season with Colt McCoy.
Since then, the Browns' opening day quarterbacks have been Brandon Weeden (2012, 2013), Brian Hoyer (2014), Josh McCown (2015), Robert Griffin III (2016), DeShone Kizer (2017) and Tyrod Taylor (2018).
At the age of 31, Dalton is at his peak. He’s a pretty good NFL quarterback.
Would you trade Mayfield for Dalton?
Absolutely not.
At least, that’s my answer......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that is a pretty safe answer.

-
Back to our friend Terry.......
........ He’s never won a playoff game, but four times his teams have reached the postseason.
Dalton became a starter in 2011, the same year the Browns opened the season with Colt McCoy.
Since then, the Browns' opening day quarterbacks have been Brandon Weeden (2012, 2013), Brian Hoyer (2014), Josh McCown (2015), Robert Griffin III (2016), DeShone Kizer (2017) and Tyrod Taylor (2018).
At the age of 31, Dalton is at his peak. He’s a pretty good NFL quarterback.
Would you trade Mayfield for Dalton?
Absolutely not.
At least, that’s my answer......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that is a pretty safe answer.

Back to our friend Terry.......
........ He’s never won a playoff game, but four times his teams have reached the postseason.
Dalton became a starter in 2011, the same year the Browns opened the season with Colt McCoy.
Since then, the Browns' opening day quarterbacks have been Brandon Weeden (2012, 2013), Brian Hoyer (2014), Josh McCown (2015), Robert Griffin III (2016), DeShone Kizer (2017) and Tyrod Taylor (2018).
At the age of 31, Dalton is at his peak. He’s a pretty good NFL quarterback.
Would you trade Mayfield for Dalton?
Absolutely not.
At least, that’s my answer......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that is a pretty safe answer.

Come Sunday, I’m looking forward to just calling him raggedy. Never cared for him. Sold his soul to the devil to win a few football games. I guess his soul wasn’t worth much though with all his playoff victories.
-
Back to our friend Terry.......
........ He’s never won a playoff game, but four times his teams have reached the postseason.
Dalton became a starter in 2011, the same year the Browns opened the season with Colt McCoy.
Since then, the Browns' opening day quarterbacks have been Brandon Weeden (2012, 2013), Brian Hoyer (2014), Josh McCown (2015), Robert Griffin III (2016), DeShone Kizer (2017) and Tyrod Taylor (2018).
At the age of 31, Dalton is at his peak. He’s a pretty good NFL quarterback.
Would you trade Mayfield for Dalton?
Absolutely not.
At least, that’s my answer......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that is a pretty safe answer.

Back to our friend Terry.......
........ He’s never won a playoff game, but four times his teams have reached the postseason.
Dalton became a starter in 2011, the same year the Browns opened the season with Colt McCoy.
Since then, the Browns' opening day quarterbacks have been Brandon Weeden (2012, 2013), Brian Hoyer (2014), Josh McCown (2015), Robert Griffin III (2016), DeShone Kizer (2017) and Tyrod Taylor (2018).
At the age of 31, Dalton is at his peak. He’s a pretty good NFL quarterback.
Would you trade Mayfield for Dalton?
Absolutely not.
At least, that’s my answer......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that is a pretty safe answer.

You know what's funny? During the last several years of Dalton's career, there seems to be a large number of haters out there who don't care for him. Now, during that time, we had some real QB specimens, and we would've sold our right arm for Andy Dalton, or at least I WOULD HAVE. Fast forward to now, and I wouldn't even THINK about switching Baker for the Ginger QB. I still think Baker will have a couple games where he somewhat struggles, but he's only a rookie, and I can't wait to see how he progresses.
-
Back to Terry and the AFCN.......
I know this is a way-too-early prediction, but Mayfield appears to have given the Browns a chance to compete in the AFC North.
At least, when it comes to quarterbacks.
If you like the confusing QB rating system, here’s how the four QBs rank: Roethlisberger (15th), Dalton (20th), Mayfield (23rd) and Flacco (27th).
The only quarterback in that group likely to take a significant step forward in his career is Mayfield.
Mayfield has thrown 13 TD passes compared to seven interceptions. He’s completing 62 percent of his passes.
In his last two games with new offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, Mayfield has competed 74 percent of his passes: five TDs compared to a single interception.
He has the arm strength to throw the ball through the cold and the wind in this division.
My guess is Baltimore would love to have Mayfield under center right now.
Cincinnati possibly could feel the same way.
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and hopefully Mayfield can become good enough to make those games with the Steelers relevant.........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the beat goes on Sunday and we'll see just how competitve the BROWNS have become from 0-16 and a 24+ year old team......go ahead, surprise us!

-
Back to Terry and the AFCN.......
I know this is a way-too-early prediction, but Mayfield appears to have given the Browns a chance to compete in the AFC North.
At least, when it comes to quarterbacks.
If you like the confusing QB rating system, here’s how the four QBs rank: Roethlisberger (15th), Dalton (20th), Mayfield (23rd) and Flacco (27th).
The only quarterback in that group likely to take a significant step forward in his career is Mayfield.
Mayfield has thrown 13 TD passes compared to seven interceptions. He’s completing 62 percent of his passes.
In his last two games with new offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, Mayfield has competed 74 percent of his passes: five TDs compared to a single interception.
He has the arm strength to throw the ball through the cold and the wind in this division.
My guess is Baltimore would love to have Mayfield under center right now.
Cincinnati possibly could feel the same way.
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and hopefully Mayfield can become good enough to make those games with the Steelers relevant.........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the beat goes on Sunday and we'll see just how competitve the BROWNS have become from 0-16 and a 24+ year old team......go ahead, surprise us!

Back to Terry and the AFCN.......
I know this is a way-too-early prediction, but Mayfield appears to have given the Browns a chance to compete in the AFC North.
At least, when it comes to quarterbacks.
If you like the confusing QB rating system, here’s how the four QBs rank: Roethlisberger (15th), Dalton (20th), Mayfield (23rd) and Flacco (27th).
The only quarterback in that group likely to take a significant step forward in his career is Mayfield.
Mayfield has thrown 13 TD passes compared to seven interceptions. He’s completing 62 percent of his passes.
In his last two games with new offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, Mayfield has competed 74 percent of his passes: five TDs compared to a single interception.
He has the arm strength to throw the ball through the cold and the wind in this division.
My guess is Baltimore would love to have Mayfield under center right now.
Cincinnati possibly could feel the same way.
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and hopefully Mayfield can become good enough to make those games with the Steelers relevant.........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the beat goes on Sunday and we'll see just how competitve the BROWNS have become from 0-16 and a 24+ year old team......go ahead, surprise us!

I'm very interested to see how we'll play after our best game in probably 3+ years. We need to prove it wasn't just a flash in the pan and that we can consistently summon a similar level of play.
-
-
Terry on one our favorite subjects in school chemistry.......
3. Myles Garrett on the difference after the coaching changes: “We are more comfortable, more fluid and better practiced. There is more chemistry.”
And the road ahead.....
9. The Browns end the season with four of their last six games on the road. Here are the teams and their home records: Cincinnati (3-2), Baltimore (3-2), Houston (3-1) and Denver (2-3). Williams said not winning on the road is a motivation tool: “I use everything I can...everything.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The many parts of a winning team are starting to come together including team chemistry. And before the season I thought the ending schedule was brutal but they might be able to hack out a few wins, we'll see. 5-10-1? Maybe.
-
-
And the scribbling at halftime...
It's looking more and more like Williams as HC/DC and Kitchens as OC. ST's for punting still look shaky however. Poor downfield coverage. Still think we need a better ST coach.
-
Williams? Couple more wins and it's going to be hard to deny him.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login