Skip to content

Grossi's Take On Dorsey's First Draft

The Browns Board
21 11 717
  • Holy crap and after only 5 games!

    ......... In the Paul Brown era, it had to be the 1957 draft, which produced three Hall of Famers – running back Jim Brown, offensive guard Gene Hickerson and defensive tackle Henry Jordan, whom Paul Brown traded to the Green Bay Packers in 1959.

    Immediately after the PB era, it had to be the 1964 draft, which featured two Hall of Famers – defensive back-turned-receiver Paul Warfield and running back Leroy Kelly.

    In more modern times, it’s tough to top the 1978 draft, whose two first-round selections netted linebacker Clay Matthews, a strong candidate for the Hall of Fame, and tight end Ozzie Newsome, who already is in as a player or would be qualified as a contributor for his GM work with the Baltimore Ravens..........

    WHEW!

  • Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

  • Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    @bobpound said:

    Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    Ghoolie was his guest ghostwriter this week.?

  • @bobpound said:

    Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    Ghoolie was his guest ghostwriter this week.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ghoolie was his guest ghostwriter this week.?

    shoveling-poop.jpg

  • Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    @bobpound said:

    Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    Am I the only one that has never heard of "Socky"?

    Is it along the lines of giddy?

    Because I am giddy about Garrett-Baker-Ward

    Zombo

  • @bobpound said:

    Nothing like overstating things so quickly... Lots of football left to be played this year.. We all feel the change, but let's not get to freaking Socky..

    Am I the only one that has never heard of "Socky"?

    Is it along the lines of giddy?

    Because I am giddy about Garrett-Baker-Ward

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Am I the only one that has never heard of "Socky"?

    Is it along the lines of giddy?

    Because I am giddy about Garrett-Baker-Ward

    Zombo

    That is one of Stan's "autocorrect" deals.    When we write c-o-c-k  or c-o-c-k-y  it comes out   Socky.

    You can yet again thank Ghoolie for that bit of foolishness.

  • Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

  • Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

    And Aaron Goldhammer had to eat horse poop over it.   And on here there were very few that were on the Mayfield train as the #1 pick.  So let's not pretend that the Beaver was by any means the consensus choice for the pick.

  • Zombo said:

    Am I the only one that has never heard of "Socky"?

    Is it along the lines of giddy?

    Because I am giddy about Garrett-Baker-Ward

    Zombo

    That is one of Stan's "autocorrect" deals.    When we write c-o-c-k  or c-o-c-k-y  it comes out   Socky.

    You can yet again thank Ghoolie for that bit of foolishness.

    @the-gipper said:

    That is one of Stan's "autocorrect" deals.    When we write c-o-c-k  or c-o-c-k-y  it comes out   Socky.

    You can yet again thank Ghoolie for that bit of foolishness.

    Ahhhh.

    I'm gonna go ahead and get cocky.

    Z

  • And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

  • And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

    No...we aren't thinking about that.  A writer came up that idea and put it in a column to get people to read it.   It's just his own made up ideas of trades that he thinks make sense. 

  • And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

    A guy from ESPN "creates a trade proposal"?   WTF does that have to do with any sort of reality.   That is like saying "a guy from The Browns Board created a trade proposal".   

    I mean, how does this ESPN guy have any more credibility than say  PoeticG.....or you and me?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And now we are thinking about trading Collins back to NE for the 7th rounder that went there with Josh? Very, very  strange indeed.?

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/ESPN-Browns-trade-Jamie-Collins-Patriots-123168043/

    A guy from ESPN "creates a trade proposal"?   WTF does that have to do with any sort of reality.   That is like saying "a guy from The Browns Board created a trade proposal".   

    I mean, how does this ESPN guy have any more credibility than say  PoeticG.....or you and me?

    @the-gipper said:

    A guy from ESPN "creates a trade proposal"?   WTF does that have to do with any sort of reality.   That is like saying "a guy from The Browns Board created a trade proposal".   

    I mean, how does this ESPN guy have any more credibility than say  PoeticG.....or you and me?

    Everyone has more credibility than PatheticG

  • Why should anyone care about Grossi's take?  The guy is a demonstrable hack time and time again.  

  • Why should anyone care about Grossi's take?  The guy is a demonstrable hack time and time again.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Why should anyone care about Grossi's take?  The guy is a demonstrable hack time and time again.  

    Eggzackly...

    Fuk Grossi and the bandwagion he climbed onto...

  • @the-gipper said:

    A guy from ESPN "creates a trade proposal"?   WTF does that have to do with any sort of reality.   That is like saying "a guy from The Browns Board created a trade proposal".   

    I mean, how does this ESPN guy have any more credibility than say  PoeticG.....or you and me?

    Everyone has more credibility than PatheticG

    @mark-o said:

    Everyone has more credibility than PatheticG

    ???????????

  • Jeff D. Lowe@JeffDLowe
    'Cleveland @Browns: Infinity War'

    Baker, Denzel and John Dorsey have arrived. #Browns
  • Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

    And he's stated on Red Zone he made a mistake- it happens. Not as bad as Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch.   

    @the-gipper said:

    And Aaron Goldhammer had to eat horse poop over it.   And on here there were very few that were on the Mayfield train as the #1 pick.  So let's not pretend that the Beaver was by any means the consensus choice for the pick.

    Ahem, speak for yourself. I had Baker and Darnold as 1A and 1B, fortunately, when Dorsey reached into the hat and pulled out a number, it came up Baker. Po's man crush is leading the charge to the #1 pick in the draft Giants.  

    Zombo said:

    Ahhhh.

    I'm gonna go ahead and get Socky.

    Z

    Booger Head. Not that I'd want to,  but my cussing autocorrects. Must not be high up enough in the Mod Power Structure. And I'd love to be able to kick Ghoolie off for a day or two, that I also can't do. finger Sheet  Sock. Noticed even your post autocorrects.    

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Grossi was audibly disgusted when they drafted Baker Mayfield. There’s a reason he has haters, dude doesn’t know much about the game unfortunately. Good writer though. 

    And he's stated on Red Zone he made a mistake- it happens. Not as bad as Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch.   

    @the-gipper said:

    And Aaron Goldhammer had to eat horse poop over it.   And on here there were very few that were on the Mayfield train as the #1 pick.  So let's not pretend that the Beaver was by any means the consensus choice for the pick.

    Ahem, speak for yourself. I had Baker and Darnold as 1A and 1B, fortunately, when Dorsey reached into the hat and pulled out a number, it came up Baker. Po's man crush is leading the charge to the #1 pick in the draft Giants.  

    Zombo said:

    Ahhhh.

    I'm gonna go ahead and get Socky.

    Z

    Booger Head. Not that I'd want to,  but my cussing autocorrects. Must not be high up enough in the Mod Power Structure. And I'd love to be able to kick Ghoolie off for a day or two, that I also can't do. finger Sheet  Sock. Noticed even your post autocorrects.    

    @hoorta said:

    And he's stated on Red Zone he made a mistake- it happens. Not as bad as Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch.   

    Ahem, speak for yourself. I had Baker and Darnold as 1A and 1B, fortunately, when Dorsey reached into the hat and pulled out a number, it came up Baker. Po's man crush is leading the charge to the #1 pick in the draft Giants.  

    Booger Head. Not that I'd want to,  but my cussing autocorrects. Must not be high up enough in the Mod Power Structure. And I'd love to be able to kick Ghoolie off for a day or two, that I also can't do. finger Sheet  Sock. Noticed even your post autocorrects.    

    Well you were one of the few apparentlyWell you were one of the few apparently