Potential trades
-
-
LOL, we got a fifth for Gordon, but Cooper is worth a first? What have you been smoking?
Gosh, I just can't believe the amount of name chasing that's going on around here lately. Here's a news flash- we're not trading for big name drama Queen WRs on cap busting deals. So just drop the idea. Neither Beckham or Cooper are magically going to turn the Browns into a Super Bowl team this year.
You're dam right Cooper is worth a first. Let me put it to you this way. Let's say Browns draft a WR in the first round, say around pick #16. Would he be as good as Amari Cooper? Obviously it's impossible to know, but the chances that the rookie would come in and perform as well or better than Amari would be slim, especially in the first two years. WRs generally take a couple years to hit full potential, and Amari is a terrific WR right NOW. Additionally, your point about the Browns not being a Super Bowl team this year with Amari is invalid. Would he help us this year? Of course. But the POINT is to maximize our chances of winning over the next three years, and Amari would definitely help us get to the next level.
Furthermore, you can't compare what we got for Gordon to what we'd pay for Amari. It's apples to oranges, and you'd have to know that. As far as I know, Amari doesn't have off the field issues. If Gordon DIDN'T have his litany of issues, I have no idea what he'd be worth. There's literally no way to know. Why? Because Gordon is the most physically gifted receiver I've ever seen. So if he didn't have his issues, lord knows what he'd be capable of, and his value would be next to impossible to compute. I'll put it to you this way: What would the Falcons get for Julio Jones 6 years ago? You can't compare what we got for Gordon to trading for Amari (or Beckham, or whoever) because virtually ever other receiver isn't a joint away from being booted out of the league.
The Raiders might be in rebuild mode. Heck, they have $100 million locked up in their coach, which is stupid. They screwed up Khalil Mack deal, and maybe they just say screw it, we'll build for the future. Apparently Gruden doesn't favor Derek Carr anyway, so who knows?
Rashard Higgins might be out a month. Our receivers and tight ends are struggling to catch the ball, and we're the worst team in the league statistically at catching the pill. We also have a young QB who needs all the help he can get, so let me ask you....why WOULDN'T we trade a first rounder for Amari Cooper? Why wouldn't we try to help our rookie QB? There's a good chance that our early struggles with closing games will cost us a playoff opportunity, but who knows, right? Heck, all the sudden we look super competitive. One of the best ways to have your rookie QB struggle is to have WRs who don't get open. Remember last year? Not getting open? Obviously Kizer had many other issues, but that didn't help.
You're dam right Cooper is worth a first. WRs who don't get open. Remember last year? Not getting open? Obviously Kizer had many other issues, but that didn't help.
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
-
You're dam right Cooper is worth a first. WRs who don't get open. Remember last year? Not getting open? Obviously Kizer had many other issues, but that didn't help.
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
I'll give you that our guys were at times open and Kizer missed them frequently. Higgins comes to mind more than anyone, as he could've easily had 3 more TDs with an accurate QB.
But....do you not remember the period of time after Corey got hurt and we literally had the bozo incorporated wide receiver group? The Browns Daily Show would talk over and over about how our guys couldn't consistently get open, and especially how our receivers couldn't shake off press coverage. Do you really not remember that? It was a storyline for virtually the entire year, basically until Josh came back week 11.
-
You're dam right Cooper is worth a first. WRs who don't get open. Remember last year? Not getting open? Obviously Kizer had many other issues, but that didn't help.
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
I dont think its crazy to think the Falcons would trade Julio. They just spent a high pick on Ridley and Sanu is playing really well. They may decide their offense is good enough to move on without him. If we offer them a 1st I bet they jump on it.
-
I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you.
Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000.
In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however. LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.
Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.
Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality.
I dont think its crazy to think the Falcons would trade Julio. They just spent a high pick on Ridley and Sanu is playing really well. They may decide their offense is good enough to move on without him. If we offer them a 1st I bet they jump on it.
I dont think its crazy to think the Falcons would trade Julio. They just spent a high pick on Ridley and Sanu is playing really well. They may decide their offense is good enough to move on without him. If we offer them a 1st I bet they jump on it.
Maybe we could just trade Phil Taylor to them for Julio...
Oh... wait...
-
OK, we signed Breshard Perriman- please just stop the fantasy trade rumors. And cut the Dez Bryant crap while you're at it....
OK, we signed Breshard Perriman- please just stop the fantasy trade rumors. And cut the Dez Bryant crap while you're at it....
Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move
-
OK, we signed Breshard Perriman- please just stop the fantasy trade rumors. And cut the Dez Bryant crap while you're at it....
Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move
Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move
We just made a move. Stop it.
-
Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move
We just made a move. Stop it.
We just made a move. Stop it.
Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp.
Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!!
-
Everyone is over-reacting to the drops.
It is still a small sample size and they are getting used to a new Qb. Baker's balls get up on you quick. (Sorry that sounded gay).
We're developing Callaway, Willies and Ratley.
Higgins is a sure-handed, smooth route runner.
We like our tight ends, we have a great third down receiving back.
I don't see a free agent WR in this team's future. Depending on how well these three rookies develop they may hit up the draft again, but I think you'll all be singing a different song at the end of the Season, the Browns like their young receiving talent.
Z
Zombo said:
Everyone is over-reacting to the drops.
It is still a small sample size and they are getting used to a new Qb. Baker's balls get up on you quick. (Sorry that sounded gay).
We're developing Callaway, Willies and Ratley.
Higgins is a sure-handed, smooth route runner.
We like our tight ends, we have a great third down receiving back.
I don't see a free agent WR in this team's future. Depending on how well these three rookies develop they may hit up the draft again, but I think you'll all be singing a different song at the end of the Season, the Browns like their young receiving talent.
Z
Well said about the drops. People still sleeping on Njoku will be proved very wrong
-
We just made a move. Stop it.
Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp.
Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!!
Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp.
Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!!
It was pointed out- and I did the math. In a game where Baker has 50 attempts, were averaging one more drop per game than the very best in the league. Statistically insignificant. People are whining because that one drop came at a bad time.
-
The obsession with drops is crazy to me
Defended are struggling to cover Njoku because of his physical traits and half the board want him gone because of a drop it’s madness
-
Yeah! Drops are insignificant!
Sincerely,
Quincy Morgan and Greg Little
-
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
-
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
He's been dropping passes.?
-
Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp.
Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!!
It was pointed out- and I did the math. In a game where Baker has 50 attempts, were averaging one more drop per game than the very best in the league. Statistically insignificant. People are whining because that one drop came at a bad time.
It was pointed out- and I did the math. In a game where Baker has 50 attempts, were averaging one more drop per game than the very best in the league. Statistically insignificant. People are whining because that one drop came at a bad time.
For the year we have the highest percentage of passes dropped, by a full percentage point. As stated on Browns Daily last week. We just need to catch the ball better.
-
Callaway gator arms a TD. We dont need an upgrade at WR
-
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
He's been dropping passes.?
He's been dropping passes.?
Perfect for us then
-
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block.
I have him as a bench guy on my FL, big potential, eh performer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

