Shermer or hue?
-
Hated Shermer when he coached the browns. Hue is in the same relm of schiit.
-
Shurmur is the worst because at least the players like hue.
-
My recollection of Shurmer is that he was a weenie. I’m not sure who saw “leader material” in him, but it didn’t translate onto the field.
-
My recollection of Shurmer is that he was a weenie. I’m not sure who saw “leader material” in him, but it didn’t translate onto the field.
I’m not sure who saw “leader material” in him, but it didn’t translate onto the field.
It was Mike Holmgren who was probably influenced by his time with Shurmur's dad, Fritz. I also think they liked how Shurmur "developed" Sam Bradford and thought he would do the same with Colt McCoy.
-
Some want to call Hue just a emotional cheerleader? Well, Shurmur had a cross town rival come in his building & once again his team was flat,unprepared,played with no emotion.Hue clearly was the emotional leader with Bengals from what I've seen out of Lewis & Zimmer.Dalton said it himself. Sure there adult professionals, but playing with emotion matters in football.Vrabel looks to be that guy moving on from Pats over Patricia,O'Brian..Others Hue,Nagy,Reid,McVay,Payton,Peterson,Tomlin,Carroll I could play for. Hue's youth players, playing with emotion without Shurmur's play call card in Hue's hands is a win-win. Hue's game management is still on the table
-
Shure-loss, or the Huebatross. Shure-loss had more talent to work with so I have to go with him. Picking up where he left off with the Browns in NY as far as I can tell.
He made Eli look out of his league with calls last night. I kept thinking "Hue the OC/HC" watching that disaster. Barkley is his only savior at this point.
-
Shurmur was a meathead with poor leadership skills. I agree with Texag - the Giants played last night like
a team that hates their coach, and who just hate being where they are. Shurmur has that affect wherever he goes.
Hue is really liked by his players - like Cysko mentioned....I think he's fine now that we have the two OC's we have.
-
Shurmur's wheels are already coming off.
The Giants aren't a franchise who generally makes rash decisions, but with the OBJ nonsense and him turning every press conference into a dumpster fire, they might dump him after one season.
-
Shure-loss, or the Huebatross. Shure-loss had more talent to work with so I have to go with him. Picking up where he left off with the Browns in NY as far as I can tell.
He made Eli look out of his league with calls last night. I kept thinking "Hue the OC/HC" watching that disaster. Barkley is his only savior at this point.
He made Eli look out of his league with calls last night. I kept thinking "Hue the OC/HC" watching that disaster. Barkley is his only savior at this point.
And as I told the Ghoul- pinning your playoff hopes on a RB- regardless how good- is DUMB. I'm seeing the same flatline befuddled look out of Pat with the Giants as I did with the Browns. This could be another one and done for Shure-loss, he's not going to get a lot of rope with the NY media when the Giants are picking in the top 5 again. And I'll sort of disagree Ag- it's not the Coach regarding Eli, he's come and gone- like way gone. Done- washed up. Not as bad as Kizer, but damn close.
PS- just talked with a Giants fan tonight, and another vote Saquon was a big mistake.
-
Shermer was a lousy head coach for the Browns and doesn't seem to be any better with the Giants.
-
I’m not sure who saw “leader material” in him, but it didn’t translate onto the field.
It was Mike Holmgren who was probably influenced by his time with Shurmur's dad, Fritz. I also think they liked how Shurmur "developed" Sam Bradford and thought he would do the same with Colt McCoy.
-
Shurmur seems like one of many that fall into the better Coordinator than Head Coach category.
Here's some other examples: Norv Turner, Lindy Infante, Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Todd Haley, Bud Carson, Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Romeo Crennel, Marty Mornhinweg, Josh Daniels, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy, Chuck Pagano, Rob Chudzinski
-
Shurmur seems like one of many that fall into the better Coordinator than Head Coach category.
Here's some other examples: Norv Turner, Lindy Infante, Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Todd Haley, Bud Carson, Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Romeo Crennel, Marty Mornhinweg, Josh Daniels, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy, Chuck Pagano, Rob Chudzinski
Shurmur seems like one of many that fall into the better Coordinator than Head Coach category.
Here's some other examples: Norv Turner, Lindy Infante, Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Todd Haley, Bud Carson, Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Romeo Crennel, Marty Mornhinweg, Josh Daniels, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy, Chuck Pagano, Rob Chudzinski
Yep they need a special school to train HC's on the art of clock and TO management. And another just for redzone play design and calling. Haley & Heuy should be in that second school together right now.
-
Hated Shermer when he coached the browns. Hue is in the same relm of schiit.
1 day before my dad went into hospice he watched watched Shurmur choose to PUNT the football at the 39 yard line of Indy in the 4th quarter when we were down by 10-14 points. This was against the 31st ranked Defense against the run. Anyway, the punt landed in the end zone and Cleveland only netted 19 yards. The last thing my dad ever said about this franchise was "I can't believe they hired such a pussy for such a loyal fan base!" That wasn't too long after Pat Shurmur was the only guy in the stadium that didn't see or hear Colt McCoy got knocked unconscious by James Harrison just 1-2 plays before putting him right back on the field. That might not have been sooo bad if he wasn't also the OC we were also counting on to see the field of play in front of him that he was basing much of his play calling on throughout the game. If he did have an offensive coach upstairs looking down - he was just as worthless.
While I get the frustration in here with Hue from 1-31 football - he's looked in the mirror and made changes regardless of how little people want to acknowledge it. He upgraded the OC position and we're enjoying the results. He upgraded the QB coach and we're enjoying the results. He upgraded the WR Coach with a guy that coached up Landry and Beckham at LSU and we've even seen an UFA like Willies play like a starter during the opportunity he got last week. Our biggest hurdle is inexperience showing up as dropsies from the lack of focus. I think we all agree Hue's choice of Amos for the Special Teams was OW-FUL. Having said that, a lot of us like seeing Josh Cribbs here working with that group. AND, if Hue is having any withdrawals from being a control freak - he got more actively involved with STs in practice the week of the Ratbird game. Even if just a coincidence, Denzel Ward blocked what could have been a game winning FG for Ratville.
At least THIS YEAR'S rookie QB has had 2 veteran QBs in-house to learn different portions of NFL preparation and differences from the college level that Mayfield has found extremely helpful. Hue wasn't the one that signed Brock Ostrich to a guaranteed 16 million $ contract regardless of how much he sucked. He was the one saying throughout the off season heading into 2017 this team needed to a veteran QB starting that younger QBs could learn from. Too many people only want to blame Hue for that set up because that's what is popular in here.
The good news is the competitive value of this team has improved from the laugh of the league to opponents needing 60-75 minutes of football to beat this team. After 5 games, only 2 opponents have done it. At what point do we get more people here to acknowledge Hue has improved alongside this young team that has improved? Not saying he's Coach of the Year - I'm just saying the competitive value of this team looks nothing like the 1-31 team he was in charge of before 2018.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login