Jim Taylor Dies at 83
-
I'm still convinced that the Lombardi Sweep was one of the most beautiful sights these eyes have ever seen.
It didn't hurt those Packers teams that Paul Brown seemed adamant about giving Lombardi some phenomenal defensive talent. Brown gave away (off the top of my head) three HOF defensive players that would have helped the Browns immensely in the 60s.
I'm still convinced that the Lombardi Sweep was one of the most beautiful sights these eyes have ever seen.
It didn't hurt those Packers teams that Paul Brown seemed adamant about giving Lombardi some phenomenal defensive talent. Brown gave away (off the top of my head) three HOF defensive players that would have helped the Browns immensely in the 60s.
Jordan Davis but who elseJordan Davis but who else
-
I'm still convinced that the Lombardi Sweep was one of the most beautiful sights these eyes have ever seen.
It didn't hurt those Packers teams that Paul Brown seemed adamant about giving Lombardi some phenomenal defensive talent. Brown gave away (off the top of my head) three HOF defensive players that would have helped the Browns immensely in the 60s.
Jordan Davis but who elseJordan Davis but who else
Jordan Davis but who elseJordan Davis but who else
Henry Jordan and Willie Davis to the Packers, and he traded away Doug Atkins to the Bears. All Hall of Famers.
-
Jordan Davis but who elseJordan Davis but who else
Henry Jordan and Willie Davis to the Packers, and he traded away Doug Atkins to the Bears. All Hall of Famers.
Henry Jordan and Willie Davis to the Packers, and he traded away Doug Atkins to the Bears. All Hall of Famers.
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
-
Henry Jordan and Willie Davis to the Packers, and he traded away Doug Atkins to the Bears. All Hall of Famers.
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
That was my fault Gip, I should have worded that better. I didn't realize LeBeau was with the Browns too.
All that defensive talent could have meant that the Browns would have been the preeminent dynasty of the 60s, and not the Packers. Good lord, a DLine of Davis, Jordan, best Browns DT, and Atkins would have terrorized the NFL.
-
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
That was my fault Gip, I should have worded that better. I didn't realize LeBeau was with the Browns too.
All that defensive talent could have meant that the Browns would have been the preeminent dynasty of the 60s, and not the Packers. Good lord, a DLine of Davis, Jordan, best Browns DT, and Atkins would have terrorized the NFL.
That was my fault Gip, I should have worded that better. I didn't realize LeBeau was with the Browns too.
All that defensive talent could have meant that the Browns would have been the preeminent dynasty of the 60s, and not the Packers. Good lord, a DLine of Davis, Jordan, best Browns DT, and Atkins would have terrorized the NFL.
You never really know how trades -or- not making a trade will turn out until after the fact. Many examples throughout NFL history, Hershel Walker and America's team for one.
-
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
That was my fault Gip, I should have worded that better. I didn't realize LeBeau was with the Browns too.
All that defensive talent could have meant that the Browns would have been the preeminent dynasty of the 60s, and not the Packers. Good lord, a DLine of Davis, Jordan, best Browns DT, and Atkins would have terrorized the NFL.
That was my fault Gip, I should have worded that better. I didn't realize LeBeau was with the Browns too.
All that defensive talent could have meant that the Browns would have been the preeminent dynasty of the 60s, and not the Packers. Good lord, a DLine of Davis, Jordan, best Browns DT, and Atkins would have terrorized the NFL.
They did all right without them in that era as They did appear in four NFL/NFC championship games. 1964,1965,1968,1969.
-
Henry Jordan and Willie Davis to the Packers, and he traded away Doug Atkins to the Bears. All Hall of Famers.
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
Modell.shoild.have fired Pail Brown a lot earlier
-
-
-
OK sorry I thought you meant that you said that he sent three Hall of Famer’s to the Packers not just three altogether. And actually you have forgotten the fourth. D. I. C. K LeBeau
Modell.shoild.have fired Pail Brown a lot earlier
-
We should’ve fired Modell earlierWe should’ve fired Modell earlier
You can say that again!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
)