Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
204 40 4.6k 1
  • We should be old school pounding the rock till they stack the box and throw a bit.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The strange thing is, I get the impression that secretly many people were worried that the Ravens game a week before was going to play out the way the Chargers game did. 

    Hopefully the Chargers game was an aberration, not a trend. They are a very good team, though. Probably would have won 10-12 games last year if not for some (sound familiar?) horrible special teams play early in the season. 

    Not going to read through 6 pages of whining but to try to bring some reality to this thread and to add to this above, the Chargers are a really good team.   FG kicker cost them several games last year and the only 2 losses they have this year are to the Rams (who haven't lost to anyone) and the Chiefs (who have only lost once) so there's no shame in losing to them at this point in our teams development.  I would've like to see a closer game and without the mistakes on offense (dropped TD passes early) and on defense (90 yards in 2 plays???) it could've been a closer game.

    I'll worry if we go to Tampa (who isn't very good) and stink it up again this week.  Till then, its just one game and the team is still young and getting better each week.  

    @mark-o said:

    Not going to read through 6 pages of whining but to try to bring some reality to this thread and to add to this above, the Chargers are a really good team.   FG kicker cost them several games last year and the only 2 losses they have this year are to the Rams (who haven't lost to anyone) and the Chiefs (who have only lost once) so there's no shame in losing to them at this point in our teams development.  I would've like to see a closer game and without the mistakes on offense (dropped TD passes early) and on defense (90 yards in 2 plays???) it could've been a closer game.

    I'll worry if we go to Tampa (who isn't very good) and stink it up again this week.  Till then, its just one game and the team is still young and getting better each week.  

    And it happened worse to the Jags via Dallas. Sometimes you are just outmatched on an off day for players and coaches.

  • @mark-o said:

    Not going to read through 6 pages of whining but to try to bring some reality to this thread and to add to this above, the Chargers are a really good team.   FG kicker cost them several games last year and the only 2 losses they have this year are to the Rams (who haven't lost to anyone) and the Chiefs (who have only lost once) so there's no shame in losing to them at this point in our teams development.  I would've like to see a closer game and without the mistakes on offense (dropped TD passes early) and on defense (90 yards in 2 plays???) it could've been a closer game.

    I'll worry if we go to Tampa (who isn't very good) and stink it up again this week.  Till then, its just one game and the team is still young and getting better each week.  

    And it happened worse to the Jags via Dallas. Sometimes you are just outmatched on an off day for players and coaches.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And it happened worse to the Jags via Dallas. Sometimes you are just outmatched on an off day for players and coaches.

    Correct and the Jags are a good team with playoff hopes and they got blasted by a very average (at least so far this year) Cowboys team. 

  • Not making excuses but lets face it... The Browns have been playing over time games.. High drama games... and it just caught up with them... they need to reboot , regroup and refocus... They'll be ok... Take it one game at a time..They were hideously flat... it happens.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It really was...

    Today we were out-coached and outplayed.

    And injury was added to insult. We are going to miss Joe in the middle.

    Joe sucks. The LB core is now the eyesore of the Browns D. Last year it was the secondary. 

    @realplayer said:

    Joe sucks.

    Ummmmm.... no.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    TBH, I think the pass heavy approach just isn’t justifiable.

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, I guess that's the way to look at it.  As one of our beat writers said, "The Cleveland defense picked a terrible day NOT to stop anybody."

    There's a good day to NOT stop anybody?

    Had to be Grossi or MKC.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not seeing any bitchin' 'bout the STs this week...

    What a waste of a good effort.

    Especially that Peppers guy on punt returns...

    Also good to see Hilliard returning KOs.

    STs, bitch, bitch, bitch. There- you happy? Going from atrocious to mediocre is improvement I suppose. And the crisp tacking was unobservable....   

    @hoorta said:

    STs, bitch, bitch, bitch. There- you happy? Going from atrocious to mediocre is improvement I suppose. And the crisp tacking was unobservable....   

    Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

    Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

  • @realplayer said:

    Joe sucks.

    Ummmmm.... no.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    TBH, I think the pass heavy approach just isn’t justifiable.

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, I guess that's the way to look at it.  As one of our beat writers said, "The Cleveland defense picked a terrible day NOT to stop anybody."

    There's a good day to NOT stop anybody?

    Had to be Grossi or MKC.

    @tour2ma said:

    There's a good day to NOT stop anybody?

    I think the implication was that it's worse to not stop anyone when your offense isn't scoring many points. But yeah, you're right. There's never a good time. 

  • SD held and blocked in the back on nearly every single big run, including the first one for a TD. If the refs are going to allow that type of Sheet, they are allowing the teams to play by two different sets of rules. Obvious cowpoop.

  • That Shmucking long TD Randall picked it off and that bitch WR just rips it from him on the ground and the motherShmucking refs give him the TD. Laughable.

    I don't even count this one against Cleveland. Shmuck that Sheet. Refs should be fired, there is plenty of evidence biased officiating. 

  • Watch this Sheet on 50% speed, it's painful to watch again but afterwards you know the truth.

  • @realplayer said:

    Joe sucks.

    Ummmmm.... no.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    TBH, I think the pass heavy approach just isn’t justifiable.

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, I guess that's the way to look at it.  As one of our beat writers said, "The Cleveland defense picked a terrible day NOT to stop anybody."

    There's a good day to NOT stop anybody?

    Had to be Grossi or MKC.

    @tour2ma said:

     Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, 

    am guessing 6ft'ish-250lbs of Orson Charles?

  • @realplayer said:

    Joe sucks.

    Ummmmm.... no.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    TBH, I think the pass heavy approach just isn’t justifiable.

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, I guess that's the way to look at it.  As one of our beat writers said, "The Cleveland defense picked a terrible day NOT to stop anybody."

    There's a good day to NOT stop anybody?

    Had to be Grossi or MKC.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    Why can’t we be like New England.? And get all the talented RBs involved?

    Chubb seems way faster than expected and Duke is a straight up playmaker who’s not getting enough looks. Hyde is tough and I like him but they can mix it up and distribute the carries/touches a bit better.

    is it really as simple as “Chubb can’t block”? Because he sure can run.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... I really want to see is us pound the rock with Hyde and whoever the H-back du jour is, and thus set up the PAP. Hyde is the back to  do that.

    Why can’t we be like New England.? And get all the talented RBs involved?

    Chubb seems way faster than expected and Duke is a straight up playmaker who’s not getting enough looks. Hyde is tough and I like him but they can mix it up and distribute the carries/touches a bit better.

    is it really as simple as “Chubb can’t block”? Because he sure can run.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Why can’t we be like New England.? And get all the talented RBs involved?

    Chubb seems way faster than expected and Duke is a straight up playmaker who’s not getting enough looks. Hyde is tough and I like him but they can mix it up and distribute the carries/touches a bit better.

    is it really as simple as “Chubb can’t block”? Because he sure can run.

    Chubb is way more explosive than I expected, to be honest. 

  • @hoorta said:

    STs, bitch, bitch, bitch. There- you happy? Going from atrocious to mediocre is improvement I suppose. And the crisp tacking was unobservable....   

    Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

    Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

    Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

    But but but drops. Cut him. 

  • @hoorta said:

    STs, bitch, bitch, bitch. There- you happy? Going from atrocious to mediocre is improvement I suppose. And the crisp tacking was unobservable....   

    Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

    Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

    Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

    Yes he did. One of our few bright spots. You know what? I really liked that fade route TD. Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to pound that in from so short, but I envision that Njoku fade being something we can run a lot more. It was timed perfectly, he literally snagged the ball and somehow transferred the ball to his one hand like he was holding an orange. If we can get that type of match up again, it's definitely worth running more. 

  • I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

  • I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

    @poeticg said:

    I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

    Are you counting ones inside "the box"?

  • @poeticg said:

    I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

    Are you counting ones inside "the box"?

    @tour2ma said:

    Are you counting ones inside "the box"?

    Why encourage the little boy?    He's still fragile from Joshy woshy being traded and we didn't draft his boyfriend and Ben Hogan still isn't starting in Denver and etc etc etc.     He's just a younger, less vulgar version of our resident blow hard.

  • I painfully rewatched the game and it's maddening to see all of our chances. We spent the majority of the first half in Charger territory! I guess I knew that already, but to see it again is just...just...UGH! I mean, it was 7-3 deep into the first half. Man, what an obnoxious game for us, and then we all know what happened in the 2nd half. But I'll tell you something, as bad as the game was, it really had the opportunity to be a lot closer, at least early. We had chances, plenty of them. I'm thinking we convert a good amount of these next week. 

  • I painfully rewatched the game and it's maddening to see all of our chances. We spent the majority of the first half in Charger territory! I guess I knew that already, but to see it again is just...just...UGH! I mean, it was 7-3 deep into the first half. Man, what an obnoxious game for us, and then we all know what happened in the 2nd half. But I'll tell you something, as bad as the game was, it really had the opportunity to be a lot closer, at least early. We had chances, plenty of them. I'm thinking we convert a good amount of these next week. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm thinking we convert a good amount of these next week. 

    Who is this anyway? I demand you release jiggins from whatever dungeon you have placed him in.?