***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***
-
was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?
Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.
Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.
-
was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?
Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.
Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.
was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?
Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.
Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.
I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either. ESPECIALLY at home. Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert. It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively. We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers. Four. Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem. Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more. Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that. The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.
Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset. I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT. The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary. It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.
Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest. 6 points through 6 games in the first quarter? Geez. Cmon Brownies, you can do better! Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold. I know it.
-
I know many of you have different opinions about Gordon, and I respect them and completely see your side of the issue. I really do. And I'm not trying to start another Gordon debate, but what hurts a team more? Unreliability from a potential super star, or unreliability from guys who won't make the big plays?
let it go jig..Not a sole here or team staffed is questioning Gordo's field talents..Last peek at the final straw,paragraph 4 makes team doc's source.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html Dorsey had the right to pull his final straw.No team support group better than the team he plays for now..Rarely we agree cause you play both sides of the ball to offen. Baker 'DiD' play well enough after the rare sideline slip.Showed his guts, but so many surrounding position issues collapsed around him. 5 step drops are closing his view and passing windows pulling the ball back. Combine Bakers poor outside the pocket percentage..Haley/Wylie have a lot of work to do rolling pockets or maybe dropping Baker deepier in pocket to see Brees windows..No Doubt our TE/RB/WR need to "CatcH the damn ball" Am not seeing the burst in Landry's game from Mia..Could still be his knee? But Tampa has noone to cover this Kat..we will see...
let it go jig..Not a sole here or team staffed is questioning Gordo's field talents..Last peek at the final straw,paragraph 4 makes team doc's source.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html Dorsey had the right to pull his final straw.No team support group better than the team he plays for now..Rarely we agree cause you play both sides of the ball to offen. Baker 'DiD' play well enough after the rare sideline slip.Showed his guts, but so many surrounding position issues collapsed around him. 5 step drops are closing his view and passing windows pulling the ball back. Combine Bakers poor outside the pocket percentage..Haley/Wylie have a lot of work to do rolling pockets or maybe dropping Baker deepier in pocket to see Brees windows..No Doubt our TE/RB/WR need to "CatcH the damn ball" Am not seeing the burst in Landry's game from Mia..Could still be his knee? But Tampa has noone to cover this Kat..we will see...
Yeah, I know. Just frustrated. It's difficult watching us drop multiple TD's and then see our rookie QB getting killed. But like you said, we have an EXCELLENT opportunity ahead of us this week, and while the Bucs have managed to play multiple teams very tough, I think we can beat them, I really do.
-
was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?
Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.
Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.
I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either. ESPECIALLY at home. Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert. It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively. We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers. Four. Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem. Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more. Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that. The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.
Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset. I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT. The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary. It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.
Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest. 6 points through 6 games in the first quarter? Geez. Cmon Brownies, you can do better! Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold. I know it.
I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either. ESPECIALLY at home. Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert. It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively. We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers. Four. Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem. Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more. Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that. The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.
Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset. I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT. The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary. It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.
Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest. 6 points through 6 games in the first quarter? Geez. Cmon Brownies, you can do better! Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold. I know it.
I mean yeah, I hear ya and before the game I didn't think they'd lose like that. I'm just saying when you look at the game at a high level, it literally had ALL the makings of the Browns getting throttled as it played out. It's frustrating but when you lose your off the street WR on a season-ending injury during a game, it typically isn't going to bode well. That same thing means a bunch of young dudes or otherwise below average guys are trying to catch the football. Drops, bad routes and missed opportunities were just going to happen. That's just how it goes sometimes, hopefully Higgins can come back a little quicker. We gotta put Duke out there at WR more as well, in having Hilliard on the roster we have plenty of opportunities for that.
-
I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either. ESPECIALLY at home. Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert. It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively. We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers. Four. Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem. Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more. Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that. The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.
Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset. I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT. The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary. It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.
Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest. 6 points through 6 games in the first quarter? Geez. Cmon Brownies, you can do better! Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold. I know it.
I mean yeah, I hear ya and before the game I didn't think they'd lose like that. I'm just saying when you look at the game at a high level, it literally had ALL the makings of the Browns getting throttled as it played out. It's frustrating but when you lose your off the street WR on a season-ending injury during a game, it typically isn't going to bode well. That same thing means a bunch of young dudes or otherwise below average guys are trying to catch the football. Drops, bad routes and missed opportunities were just going to happen. That's just how it goes sometimes, hopefully Higgins can come back a little quicker. We gotta put Duke out there at WR more as well, in having Hilliard on the roster we have plenty of opportunities for that.
I mean yeah, I hear ya and before the game I didn't think they'd lose like that. I'm just saying when you look at the game at a high level, it literally had ALL the makings of the Browns getting throttled as it played out. It's frustrating but when you lose your off the street WR on a season-ending injury during a game, it typically isn't going to bode well. That same thing means a bunch of young dudes or otherwise below average guys are trying to catch the football. Drops, bad routes and missed opportunities were just going to happen. That's just how it goes sometimes, hopefully Higgins can come back a little quicker. We gotta put Duke out there at WR more as well, in having Hilliard on the roster we have plenty of opportunities for that.
Amen to all of that.
-
Who is this anyway? I demand you release jiggins from whatever dungeon you have placed him in.?
I was out of my mind last week. There's really no excuse for it. I live in the Florida panhandle and had a monstrous hurricane that somehow Mapquested its route directly to my house. I was a bundle of anxiety and was probably just let my emotions get the best of me. The negative douche bag isn't who I am. The good news is, we came through the storm relatively unscathed, certainly way better than the people to the southwest of us on the beach. I had a giant tree fall in my yard about 3 inches from my house, and we didn't have power for days, but we're safe and sound now.
Anyways, we're playing the worst secondary in the league that gives up almost an 80% completion rate. I know our receivers are beyond thin, but if there was EVER a game where they might be open, THIS is the one. Of course, we also have to CATCH the ball, but that's another story, LOL. We need to score touchdowns, not bog down in the opposition's territory again.
I was out of my mind last week. There's really no excuse for it. I live in the Florida panhandle and had a monstrous hurricane that somehow Mapquested its route directly to my house. I was a bundle of anxiety and was probably just let my emotions get the best of me. The negative douche bag isn't who I am. The good news is, we came through the storm relatively unscathed, certainly way better than the people to the southwest of us on the beach. I had a giant tree fall in my yard about 3 inches from my house, and we didn't have power for days, but we're safe and sound now.
Anyways, we're playing the worst secondary in the league that gives up almost an 80% completion rate. I know our receivers are beyond thin, but if there was EVER a game where they might be open, THIS is the one. Of course, we also have to CATCH the ball, but that's another story, LOL. We need to score touchdowns, not bog down in the opposition's territory again.
It's really acceptable bro.
A new week, a new chance to win.
We'll crush the pathetic bucs D.
-
-
So some have mentioned that the Browns seemed flat Sunday... Came out with no energy. Well this is probably much to do about nothing, but this is making the rounds now...
pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake
-
So some have mentioned that the Browns seemed flat Sunday... Came out with no energy. Well this is probably much to do about nothing, but this is making the rounds now...
pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake
pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake
For all anyone knows, whoever tweeted this isn't a Mayfield fan and is just trying to start controversy.
That being said, a lot of people seemed to notice that the team seemed "odd", especially coming off such a big win.
-
pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake
For all anyone knows, whoever tweeted this isn't a Mayfield fan and is just trying to start controversy.
That being said, a lot of people seemed to notice that the team seemed "odd", especially coming off such a big win.
For all anyone knows, whoever tweeted this isn't a Mayfield fan and is just trying to start controversy.
That being said, a lot of people seemed to notice that the team seemed "odd", especially coming off such a big win.
blame that embarrassment of a game on hue and that fukking pitburgh loving snoop
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login