Skip to content

Hemp oil

Political Discussion
23 9 442
  • This news doesn't fire me up one way or the other but I've been in discussions with people who are hemp zealots. These guys insist that this oil is a miracle cure and are outraged at the new classification, rather the failed appeal of the old classification. Their biggest outrage was that they were under the impression that this White House and big Pharmaceuticals were damaging the lives of people who depend on this drug, or whatever you call it. I tried to point out it's the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals hardly a conservative think tank. What do you think boys?

    WSS

  • It's a hard argument just because if the stuff does what they say then how could you not classify it as a controlled substance whether or not it's sold as a drug?

    WSS

  • I bought a bottle of this from a Colorado company called Elixinol Hemp Oil.  It is supposed to help with various ailments, and a 90 capsule bottle cost almost $70.00.  It doesn't do anything.  Waste of money.  From reading some of the comments from some in here and on the  internet it is supposed to cure cancer, make the blind see, etc.  Bunch of bu l l  sh i t.

    https://elixinol.com/product/cbd-capsules/

  • I bought a bottle of this from a Colorado company called Elixinol Hemp Oil.  It is supposed to help with various ailments, and a 90 capsule bottle cost almost $70.00.  It doesn't do anything.  Waste of money.  From reading some of the comments from some in here and on the  internet it is supposed to cure cancer, make the blind see, etc.  Bunch of bu l l  sh i t.

    https://elixinol.com/product/cbd-capsules/

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

     it is supposed to cure cancer, make the blind see, etc.  Bunch of bu l l  sh i t.

    They should just call it Messiah Oil and sell it to the Far Right Evangelicals, because they'll buy anything that purports to be religious (?). ?

  • I wish I could downvote some of the stupid crap people say

  • I wish I could downvote some of the stupid crap people say

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I wish I could downvote some of the stupid crap people say

    Develop a sense of humor. That might help you far more than down votes.

  • I can only assume you feel as though you are the one that deserved down voting. 

  • I have a close family member that has trouble sleeping.  She uses CBD at night and says it's more effective than melatonin and really helps her.  

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    "No medicinal value..."

    Right....

    Scientific American: Marijuana Treatment Reduces Severe Epileptic Seizures - A rigorous study validates a cannabis-derived treatment for a rare, drug-resistant childhood epilepsy

    Supposedly this hemp oil has a different thing. The hemp promoters swear if it only has .3 THC.

    WSS

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    "No medicinal value..."

    Right....

    Scientific American: Marijuana Treatment Reduces Severe Epileptic Seizures - A rigorous study validates a cannabis-derived treatment for a rare, drug-resistant childhood epilepsy

    Supposedly this hemp oil has a different thing. The hemp promoters swear if it only has .3 THC.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Supposedly this hemp oil has a different thing. The hemp promoters swear if it only has .3 THC.

    WSS

    In the video you originally posted, the FDA stated that CBD has no medical benefits. CBD is a main ingredient in all hemp oils and extracts; the concentration varies depending on strain and how it was processed. And hemp oils have to have THC levels below 4 or 5ppm to be classified as hemp oil, so there's virtually no illegal THC in them.

    There's plenty of peer reviewed scientific research results, not just second hand personal anecdotes, which show that CBD has profound medical properties. I agree with you that some of the "miracle cure" claims that are made by cannabis enthusiasts are overblown, but for the FDA to claim outright that it has no medical value is just absurd.

  • wait, cbd oil which has no thc and infact negates thc....is going to be rescheduled back to heroin status? are unfukking kidding me? Anyone of u can go to.ur health food store right now and but some cbd....u will not e en remotely get high. Infact if u took cbd before smoking marijuana, u still would not get high because the cbd would take up all the cannibinoid receptors thereby leaving little to none for thc.

    cbd isnt an overnight fukking miracle drug, its sonething that has benefits over months and months. U dont counteract the acidic envoronment brought on by our western diet overnight.

  • Is this true that you have to take it for months for a benefit?  How do you know it's the hemp oil making the benefit?  Sometimes things just go away on there own.

  • I can only assume you feel as though you are the one that deserved down voting. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I can only assume you feel as though you are the one that deserved down voting. 

    Well since you posted right after me within minutes, I thought it to be a fair assumption. I wasn't wrong was I.

    And you are assuming I thought I deserved it, which I didn't since you are obviously an easy ? to catch.

  • Is this true that you have to take it for months for a benefit?  How do you know it's the hemp oil making the benefit?  Sometimes things just go away on there own.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Is this true that you have to take it for months for a benefit?  How do you know it's the hemp oil making the benefit?  Sometimes things just go away on there own.

    theres so many variables u have to.take into consideration. What cbd is, is a massive anti inflammatory. Cannibimoids are some of the most powerful anti inflammotory compounds known to.science....which is why pharma studies it so hard in order to mimick it. Its like aspirin on roids but not liver toxic which aspirin is at high enough doses. 

    so ailments that are the result of inflammatory conditions, yes cbd would abaolutely help that. But its not going to cure aids.

    Theres evudence that certain canibinoids are very toxic to "certain" types of cancer cells.....but then theres the variable of how affinitive a certain individual is to cannibinoids. Individuals who have regularly ingested marijuana throughout their life certainly have developed receptor sites for cannibinoids. Someone like u who's claimed to have barely touched the stuff, u'd have to take either cbd or marijuana reg for a few months. 

    point tho is, cbd absolutely has little to no thc. U'd have to.chug bottles of it to feel even remotely giddy. Cbd comes from hemp, which is the male plant a d has little to.no thc wheras marijuana is the female plant that has thc but little to no cbd.

    the people growing marijuana seperate the female plants from the male plants so thst the whores will make more thc. In the presence of the males, the natural condition in the wild, the marijuana plants make a more balanced ratio of thc to cbd........now u and cal can use that bit of info from now on to bolster ur anti lbgt arguments.....?

  • Maybe I'll take it for a few months.

  • Maybe I'll take it for a few months.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Maybe I'll take it for a few months.

    examine ur diet as well. Look at what u do that promotes inflammation. Drinking,smoking, excessive meat and sugar consumption. Frankly one day a week of fasting is possibly the most powerful thing u can do for ur health. And now that we're heading into winter tak8ng regular dips in ice cold water is another.....

  • I eat once a day.  Don't smoke. Drink occasionally, work out daily even though I'm an old Shmuck.

  • I eat once a day.  Don't smoke. Drink occasionally, work out daily even though I'm an old Shmuck.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    . Drink occasionally

    u sure about that? i seem to recall even ur buddies making small fun about ur drinking. ?

    in any case, go to a health food store to get ur cbd. Online stuff is grossly overpriced. And next time marijuana laws come up onbthe ballot, think about it.....hemp could be grown right here in ohio. Which also can be made into one of "the" most bio available proteins. If my family get the piece of land we've been talking about....im almost more interested in growing hemp on it than maas growing marijuana. Ofc id grow a few plants for myself...but industrial hemp production would revitalize this states economy more than marijuana. 

  • there might be something to this hemp oil.

    Some years ago, some young guy got stuck in the snow on the expressway, and we couldn't push him out, but a hippie

    got out of his 4wd, poured some hemp oil on the front drive tires, the oil froze and acted like super tread, and the young guy drove right out of a big snowdrift in a blizzard.

    yep....