Skip to content

Game day radio broadcast question

The Browns Board
26 11 676
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #3

    An easy way to fix this problem is to move from what bumShmuck hillbilly town you guys live in and move to NE Ohio, where seeing/listening to the Browns is easy. ?

  • G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Have you downloaded iHeartRadio? On your phone? I believe you can tune into any station anywhere from that app. And it is free.

  • Have you downloaded iHeartRadio? On your phone? I believe you can tune into any station anywhere from that app. And it is free.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #5

    @gunnergatski said:

    Have you downloaded iHeartRadio? On your phone? I believe you can tune into any station anywhere from that app. And it is free.

    I know people who use iHeart even for some obscure college games all over the USA and it appears to work well.......

    .......unless you live in some swamp like Canal Fulton, Ohio.  😆

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I have our local 1440 AM station on on the high end AM of the band, too bad they don't offer any FM stations anymore in our area.

    The coverage sure has dropped off over the years.

  • I can't listen to the Browns games on the radio in my area, none the station signals are strong enough. I really miss the play by play done by Jimmy Donovan.. I can't listen to it online because of stupid contract rules or whatever.  Would it be against the law if someone put a mic up to their radio and streamed the radio broadcast over the internet?  If not, why doesn't anyone do it?  My best memories of watching the browns is watching the game on TV with the sound turned off and listen to play by play on the radio... 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @maker-playfield said:

    I can't listen to the Browns games on the radio in my area, none the station signals are strong enough. I really miss the play by play done by Jimmy Donovan.. I can't listen to it online because of stupid contract rules or whatever.  Would it be against the law if someone put a mic up to their radio and streamed the radio broadcast over the internet?  If not, why doesn't anyone do it?  My best memories of watching the browns is watching the game on TV with the sound turned off and listen to play by play on the radio... 

    You can't stream WKNR?   http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

    Odd, to say the least...   

  • @maker-playfield said:

    I can't listen to the Browns games on the radio in my area, none the station signals are strong enough. I really miss the play by play done by Jimmy Donovan.. I can't listen to it online because of stupid contract rules or whatever.  Would it be against the law if someone put a mic up to their radio and streamed the radio broadcast over the internet?  If not, why doesn't anyone do it?  My best memories of watching the browns is watching the game on TV with the sound turned off and listen to play by play on the radio... 

    You can't stream WKNR?   http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

    Odd, to say the least...   

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hoorta said:

    You can't stream WKNR?   http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

    Odd, to say the least...   

    I tried that link three times:   Error Processing Request

  • @hoorta said:

    You can't stream WKNR?   http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

    Odd, to say the least...   

    I tried that link three times:   Error Processing Request

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @mjp28 said:

    I tried that link three times:   Error Processing Request

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I tried that link three times:   Error Processing Request

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

  • @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    It's possible. I understand if they want you to sign up for game pass to get the video feeds. But radio? That's taking it too far. Plus it's screwing affected the radio stations out of advertising revenue. Same reason a game is blacked out on Sunday Ticket if it's available as an OTA broadcast.  

    Well for you unfortunates, there's always reddit to try....   

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    You will need a sirius radio subscription in your mancave than slide back the video to match Donovan's call..

  • @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #13

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    Doug, can you get 1440 WHKC out of Warren, OH, I listened to the whole miserable game on it.

    ........oh nice to listen to the radio guys once in awhile, Donovan & Dieken.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

  • You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

    Money is no problem, it's what's available out there without changing my whole system around. Armstrong Cable here just does NOT offer it or BTN among other things. I don't mind occassional Indians games but BROWNS games just tick me off in Ohio......but they follow the blackout rules to their advantage.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    For the audio being blocked there are ways to easily make it appear as though you are outside the blocked region. 

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

  • Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    And before him, Casey Coleman and Nev Chandler were fantastic too.

    R.I.P. to both. 

  • Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    He sure can get excited but in a good way, just does BROWNS football right -and- Dieken is that steady lineman as the color guy.......nice combination.

    We're spoiled in baseball too, Hammy, Herb Score, Tait, Jimmy Dudley and others.

    Not bad in hoops either.

    GO CLEVELAND, TV or radio we're covered!

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7
    #20

    No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

  • No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    @falcon7 said:

    No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

    I remember long ago they had radio down to WVA, WPA, not close now........

    ........oh I see one in Wheeling, WVA, both AM and FM, not many FM left.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Oh and one in Norman, OK?

    Screenshot_2018-10-15-03-48-05.png