Skip to content

Game day radio broadcast question

The Browns Board
26 11 676
  • @mjp28 said:

    I tried that link three times:   Error Processing Request

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

  • @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    It's possible. I understand if they want you to sign up for game pass to get the video feeds. But radio? That's taking it too far. Plus it's screwing affected the radio stations out of advertising revenue. Same reason a game is blacked out on Sunday Ticket if it's available as an OTA broadcast.  

    Well for you unfortunates, there's always reddit to try....   

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    You will need a sirius radio subscription in your mancave than slide back the video to match Donovan's call..

  • @hoorta said:

    Maybe it is blocked by area...   Try the KNR website and try going to the streaming link. I have no problems with it here in Dayton, though I will admit, I've yet to use it during a game. 

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #13

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    Doug, can you get 1440 WHKC out of Warren, OH, I listened to the whole miserable game on it.

    ........oh nice to listen to the radio guys once in awhile, Donovan & Dieken.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

  • You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You cheap Shmucks will just have to fork out the bucks to watch or listen.

    Money is no problem, it's what's available out there without changing my whole system around. Armstrong Cable here just does NOT offer it or BTN among other things. I don't mind occassional Indians games but BROWNS games just tick me off in Ohio......but they follow the blackout rules to their advantage.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    For the audio being blocked there are ways to easily make it appear as though you are outside the blocked region. 

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

  • Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    And before him, Casey Coleman and Nev Chandler were fantastic too.

    R.I.P. to both. 

  • Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Jim Donovan is the best in the biz. 

    He sure can get excited but in a good way, just does BROWNS football right -and- Dieken is that steady lineman as the color guy.......nice combination.

    We're spoiled in baseball too, Hammy, Herb Score, Tait, Jimmy Dudley and others.

    Not bad in hoops either.

    GO CLEVELAND, TV or radio we're covered!

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7
    #20

    No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

  • No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    @falcon7 said:

    No radio in Ohio, South of Columbus, hard to believe but it's true! ( The NFL broadcast rules are total BS, F THEM!)

    You can listen live here,  but it's the worst sound quality of any internet radio I've ever listened to.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

    I remember long ago they had radio down to WVA, WPA, not close now........

    ........oh I see one in Wheeling, WVA, both AM and FM, not many FM left.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Oh and one in Norman, OK?

    Screenshot_2018-10-15-03-48-05.png

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just my $2 worth here. I've tried to get the game on 98.5 using Iheart or streaming. Works good until the pregame comes on and then it's taped music.  I guess the NFL is worried that you might figure out a way to screw them out of a nickel.

    Doug, can you get 1440 WHKC out of Warren, OH, I listened to the whole miserable game on it.

    ........oh nice to listen to the radio guys once in awhile, Donovan & Dieken.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mjp28 said:

    Doug, can you get 1440 WHKC out of Warren, OH, I listened to the whole miserable game on it.

    ........oh nice to listen to the radio guys once in awhile, Donovan & Dieken.

    Thanks but it's really no issue for me other than reroute a antenna wire. I do like the radio pregame coverage and was shocked when I learned that there is no longer any local FM coverage. I'm fringe for 98.5 and 97.5 and have to play some to get them. Too much rf here for am except late at night. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Doug, can you get 1440 WHKC out of Warren, OH, I listened to the whole miserable game on it.

    ........oh nice to listen to the radio guys once in awhile, Donovan & Dieken.

    Thanks but it's really no issue for me other than reroute a antenna wire. I do like the radio pregame coverage and was shocked when I learned that there is no longer any local FM coverage. I'm fringe for 98.5 and 97.5 and have to play some to get them. Too much rf here for am except late at night. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #24

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Thanks but it's really no issue for me other than reroute a antenna wire. I do like the radio pregame coverage and was shocked when I learned that there is no longer any local FM coverage. I'm fringe for 98.5 and 97.5 and have to play some to get them. Too much rf here for am except late at night. 

    RFI, all that stuff.....It is amazing what you can do with a good radio antenna, wire, filters, a better radio and all of that if you want to bother AND have a radio with an exterior antenna hookup. I have several SW radios around here with I almost NEVER use now including some small GRUNDIG pocket size AM/FM and 6 bands up to 30 Khz low frequency ones. Have a big elaborate old Radio Shack DX-440 one here somewhere have not touched in many years.

    My dad was a good WWII and Korea NAVY electrical guy, taught me a lot including Morse code, radio, TV. I got in amateur radio when I was 12 in 1963 han my novice and tech licence then, went on to a FCC General when I was in high school. Built transmitters, receivers, antennas, filters, antennas, had a 65' tower out back all that good stuff.....now ancient history. 

    Was interesting, used to listen to *Artie Corso (sp?) from Havana, Cuba with my GRUNDIG pocket SW radio in bed late nights.

    Best AM station out there WKBN 570 Youngstown, guys down south can listen to the Indians especially at night, oh well......

    F'n BROWNS.

    .........*oh BTW it was Arnie Coro co-founder and host of Radio Havana, est. 1 May 1961.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Thanks but it's really no issue for me other than reroute a antenna wire. I do like the radio pregame coverage and was shocked when I learned that there is no longer any local FM coverage. I'm fringe for 98.5 and 97.5 and have to play some to get them. Too much rf here for am except late at night. 

    RFI, all that stuff.....It is amazing what you can do with a good radio antenna, wire, filters, a better radio and all of that if you want to bother AND have a radio with an exterior antenna hookup. I have several SW radios around here with I almost NEVER use now including some small GRUNDIG pocket size AM/FM and 6 bands up to 30 Khz low frequency ones. Have a big elaborate old Radio Shack DX-440 one here somewhere have not touched in many years.

    My dad was a good WWII and Korea NAVY electrical guy, taught me a lot including Morse code, radio, TV. I got in amateur radio when I was 12 in 1963 han my novice and tech licence then, went on to a FCC General when I was in high school. Built transmitters, receivers, antennas, filters, antennas, had a 65' tower out back all that good stuff.....now ancient history. 

    Was interesting, used to listen to *Artie Corso (sp?) from Havana, Cuba with my GRUNDIG pocket SW radio in bed late nights.

    Best AM station out there WKBN 570 Youngstown, guys down south can listen to the Indians especially at night, oh well......

    F'n BROWNS.

    .........*oh BTW it was Arnie Coro co-founder and host of Radio Havana, est. 1 May 1961.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mjp28 said:

    Best AM station out there WKBN 570 Youngstown, guys down south can listen to the Indians especially at night, oh well...…

    Listened to Tribe games during a camping trip years ago on the New River in West Virginia and while driving over the Brooklyn Bridge after getting some Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn on WWWE 1100. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Thanks but it's really no issue for me other than reroute a antenna wire. I do like the radio pregame coverage and was shocked when I learned that there is no longer any local FM coverage. I'm fringe for 98.5 and 97.5 and have to play some to get them. Too much rf here for am except late at night. 

    RFI, all that stuff.....It is amazing what you can do with a good radio antenna, wire, filters, a better radio and all of that if you want to bother AND have a radio with an exterior antenna hookup. I have several SW radios around here with I almost NEVER use now including some small GRUNDIG pocket size AM/FM and 6 bands up to 30 Khz low frequency ones. Have a big elaborate old Radio Shack DX-440 one here somewhere have not touched in many years.

    My dad was a good WWII and Korea NAVY electrical guy, taught me a lot including Morse code, radio, TV. I got in amateur radio when I was 12 in 1963 han my novice and tech licence then, went on to a FCC General when I was in high school. Built transmitters, receivers, antennas, filters, antennas, had a 65' tower out back all that good stuff.....now ancient history. 

    Was interesting, used to listen to *Artie Corso (sp?) from Havana, Cuba with my GRUNDIG pocket SW radio in bed late nights.

    Best AM station out there WKBN 570 Youngstown, guys down south can listen to the Indians especially at night, oh well......

    F'n BROWNS.

    .........*oh BTW it was Arnie Coro co-founder and host of Radio Havana, est. 1 May 1961.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mjp28 said:

    RFI, all that stuff.....It is amazing what you can do with a good radio antenna, wire, filters, a better radio and all of that if you want to bother AND have a radio with an exterior antenna hookup. I have several SW radios around here with I almost NEVER use now including some small GRUNDIG pocket size AM/FM and 6 bands up to 30 Khz low frequency ones. Have a big elaborate old Radio Shack DX-440 one here somewhere have not touched in many years.

    My dad was a good WWII and Korea NAVY electrical guy, taught me a lot including Morse code, radio, TV. I got in amateur radio when I was 12 in 1963 han my novice and tech licence then, went on to a FCC General when I was in high school. Built transmitters, receivers, antennas, filters, antennas, had a 65' tower out back all that good stuff.....now ancient history. 

    Was interesting, used to listen to *Artie Corso (sp?) from Havana, Cuba with my GRUNDIG pocket SW radio in bed late nights.

    Best AM station out there WKBN 570 Youngstown, guys down south can listen to the Indians especially at night, oh well......

    F'n BROWNS.

    .........*oh BTW it was Arnie Coro co-founder and host of Radio Havana, est. 1 May 1961.

    So what's the trick with digital? I used to be able to grab tv signals from erie to Pittsburgh to Detroit. Now I can't hardly get Cleveland or Youngstown.