The Big Four Rookie QBs
-
Will be interesting next year when all four start from week one. I’m guessing Baker would have the most yards if he started the whole season.
Will be interesting next year when all four start from week one. I’m guessing Baker would have the most yards if he started the whole season.
Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen).
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started.
Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position.
-
Here's the top four drafted QBs of the 2018 class and their updated stats:
Baker Mayfield 55.6 comp%, 1076 yds, 4 td, 5 int, 72.8 QB rating
Sam Darnold 59.8 comp%, 1346 yds, 9 td, 7 int, 83.7 QB rating
Josh Allen 54.0 comp%, 832 yds, 2 td, 5 int, 61.8 QB rating
Josh Rosen 55.6 comp%, 626 yds, 2 td, 2 int, 75.5 QB rating
*While I joyfully busted PoG's balls offseason over his creepy love affair for Saquon Barkley, I never underestimated Barkley's ability. So far, he's shown the NFL that he's a special talent. That being said, the Giants are 1-5 with him and what was obvious to most is that Eli Manning's best days are behind him. They should have taken Sam Darnold.
*Josh Allen has an elbow injury, and while he's listed as week-to-week, he could be out for an extended time.
*The Browns next four opponents have the four worst defenses in defending the pass. Let's see Baker get on a roll.
Baker had a bad game this week, let's call it what it was. Yep, a bunch of inexperienced receivers, but he still played poorly.
That said, I think he will be the best of the four by the end of the season and for the duration of his career.
Big bounceback game this week.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Baker had a bad game this week, let's call it what it was. Yep, a bunch of inexperienced receivers, but he still played poorly.
That said, I think he will be the best of the four by the end of the season and for the duration of his career.
Big bounceback game this week.
Zombo
I did NOT think they would come close to the 35th anniversary of the famous Class of 83 quarterbacks.
I think we still have to give it a few years to measure the entire class as a group.......Baker is the surprise so far.
-
Will be interesting next year when all four start from week one. I’m guessing Baker would have the most yards if he started the whole season.
Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen).
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started.
Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position.
@ghoolie said:
Garrett is not. He is.......a very soft tackler.
That's what the league wants now.
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out
I KNEW we shoulda' drafted Peter Out.
-
@ghoolie said:
Garrett is not. He is.......a very soft tackler.
That's what the league wants now.
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out
I KNEW we shoulda' drafted Peter Out.
That's what the league wants now.
What the league wants has nothing to do with the fact that Myles Garrett is a soft tackler. He is soft because he is soft. The fact that he himself admitted that he doesn't always play hard on every down says a lot about him. Now, the Mods here are going to get pizzed at me for saying this, even though Myles is the one who said it.
Add to that, this report about Browns rushers shows that our best pass rusher is a low draft pick from Memphis.
Now tell me, honestly, if you were Haslam, and you see a low draft pick is out-performing your #1 #1, would this not raise an eyebrow? Of course it would. By the way, Bosa is not a soft tackler. Neither is Schobert. The NFL wanting to protect the QB has nothing to do with the reality that while Garrett is a physical specimen, he is not a monster of the midway. Hell, according to the report in question, he is not even a monster of the dawg pound.
-
Will be interesting next year when all four start from week one. I’m guessing Baker would have the most yards if he started the whole season.
Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen).
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started.
Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position.
Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen).
Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started.
Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position.
Yes it can be misleading to judge and compare rookie quarterbacks without enough games in plus considering the team, schedule, etc.
We'll see around week 14 how things are looking.
-
@orion said:
...and yet a week ago he was 'the schidt'.
It's the reason I just shake my head when people actually waste a moment of their time trying to debate with a troll who has gotten thrown off virtually every Browns message board ever made. He'll go on record saying one thing, then argue against the same thing later, as the wind blows.
-
-
Well did anyone see the $hit show Rosen put on tonight?.... I'm awfully glad we passed on him and Allen.. Rosen looked like DA without a road map out there tonight...
-
@orion said:
...and yet a week ago he was 'the schidt'.
It's the reason I just shake my head when people actually waste a moment of their time trying to debate with a troll who has gotten thrown off virtually every Browns message board ever made. He'll go on record saying one thing, then argue against the same thing later, as the wind blows.
It's the reason I just shake my head when people actually waste a moment of their time trying to debate with a troll who has gotten thrown off virtually every Browns message board ever made. He'll go on record saying one thing, then argue against the same thing later, as the wind blows.
I've even started deleting replies to the Troll. There's a reason it was 3:1 that the Board wanted him gone, but not surprisingly, he's still here trolling away.
-
-
Josh Rosen was on the celebrity version of deal or no deal ...when asked by Howie Mandel to select a suitcase he replied ...I am gonna pick 6
-
Ok just one more, this is like shooting fish in a barrel......
........ Posted August 27
Again, you dumb bastards, you miss the point.Look at all of you, getting all pixxed off? EXACTLY my point. Immature, uneducated jackoffs thinking that sports, football, is agtually that important.
You fahuking idiots are not much different than the shooter in that sports gets you all worked up, emotional, almost violent. Reading the posts on this board about how much you morons hate Steeler fans for instance? THAT is what is fahked up.
Personally, I hope the Browns lose every game again, and suffer the worst humiliation ever. You morons will be threatening all kinds of crap before med season. Seriously, this shooter is an example of how people have let sports become larger than life.
Let's all pull for the Super Steelers to beat the living shidt out of the Browns and stop this fantasy about the team being improved...........
So we're all bumb bastards and in the gool's own choice words "fahuking idiots" really? Immature, uneducated jackoffs......are you talking to me sonnny boy?
Again the best you can do? You have some serious mental issues there gool.
-
-
Josh Rosen was on the celebrity version of deal or no deal ...when asked by Howie Mandel to select a suitcase he replied ...I am gonna pick 6
Josh Rosen was on the celebrity version of deal or no deal ...when asked by Howie Mandel to select a suitcase he replied ...I am gonna pick 6
Josh Rosen throws a pair of pick-sixes in the first quarter as Broncos crush Cardinals 45-10.....oohhhhhh, welcome to professional football, well for most all rookie starters. .
-
@jiggins7919 said:
Ghoolie, you can't mean that about Baker! I mean, we have guys who can catch the ball and what do Baker's numbers look like? Christ, he could've had 400 yards and 3 TDs if our receivers caught HALF the scoring chances. I honestly think Baker's ankle injury bothered him WAY more than he let on. Baker generates a prodigious amount of torque when he throws the ball, utilizing his core and strong legs to whip the ball down the field. After he turned his ankle, he couldn't do that. Now, Baker would never say it, but that ankle injury screwed him up, I know it.
I will say that even with the injury, Baker was not sharp last game. It's the first time we saw him be indecisive, ya know? Multiple sacks were the result of him patting the ball and hesitating too long, and while some were definitely "coverage sacks", there were several other times when Baker simply didn't release the rock.
I'd love to say that Baker will have a much better day against the absolute worst rated pass defense, but the truth of the matter is we have awful WRs right now, and there's nothing we can do about it. Blockbuster trades are somewhat rare in the NFL, and I don't see us making one anyways. We could get lucky with Perriman, but I doubt it.
But I'm hoping!! LOL
I seriously cannot fathom how some of you keep falling for his troll-baiting.
Do you realize that if there was an Eagles version of Ghoolie, he'd be on the Eagles version of this board telling all the posters that the Eagles got lucky last year and are fake champions and that THIS is the real Philadelphia Eagles?
He's a troll who has been kicked off every Browns message board he's ever been on, including THIS ONE, but he begged and pleaded to be allowed back on here. Begged and pleaded to get back on a message board for a team he doesn't consider to be the REAL Cleveland Browns that plays in a league that he says he's abandoning for the (HAHAHAHA!) XFL.
Yet some of you think you can debate with a troll. You can't debate with someone whose position changes depending on how much the new position he takes pisses off his target.
-
@jiggins7919 said:
Ghoolie, you can't mean that about Baker! I mean, we have guys who can catch the ball and what do Baker's numbers look like? Christ, he could've had 400 yards and 3 TDs if our receivers caught HALF the scoring chances. I honestly think Baker's ankle injury bothered him WAY more than he let on. Baker generates a prodigious amount of torque when he throws the ball, utilizing his core and strong legs to whip the ball down the field. After he turned his ankle, he couldn't do that. Now, Baker would never say it, but that ankle injury screwed him up, I know it.
I will say that even with the injury, Baker was not sharp last game. It's the first time we saw him be indecisive, ya know? Multiple sacks were the result of him patting the ball and hesitating too long, and while some were definitely "coverage sacks", there were several other times when Baker simply didn't release the rock.
I'd love to say that Baker will have a much better day against the absolute worst rated pass defense, but the truth of the matter is we have awful WRs right now, and there's nothing we can do about it. Blockbuster trades are somewhat rare in the NFL, and I don't see us making one anyways. We could get lucky with Perriman, but I doubt it.
But I'm hoping!! LOL
I seriously cannot fathom how some of you keep falling for his troll-baiting.
Do you realize that if there was an Eagles version of Ghoolie, he'd be on the Eagles version of this board telling all the posters that the Eagles got lucky last year and are fake champions and that THIS is the real Philadelphia Eagles?
He's a troll who has been kicked off every Browns message board he's ever been on, including THIS ONE, but he begged and pleaded to be allowed back on here. Begged and pleaded to get back on a message board for a team he doesn't consider to be the REAL Cleveland Browns that plays in a league that he says he's abandoning for the (HAHAHAHA!) XFL.
Yet some of you think you can debate with a troll. You can't debate with someone whose position changes depending on how much the new position he takes pisses off his target.
I seriously cannot fathom how some of you keep falling for his troll-baiting.
Do you realize that if there was an Eagles version of Ghoolie, he'd be on the Eagles version of this board telling all the posters that the Eagles got lucky last year and are fake champions and that THIS is the real Philadelphia Eagles?
He's a troll who has been kicked off every Browns message board he's ever been on, including THIS ONE, but he begged and pleaded to be allowed back on here. Begged and pleaded to get back on a message board for a team he doesn't consider to be the REAL Cleveland Browns that plays in a league that he says he's abandoning for the (HAHAHAHA!) XFL.
Yet some of you think you can debate with a troll. You can't debate with someone whose position changes depending on how much the new position he takes pisses off his target.
I know, I know...but I think Ghoolie has a good heart. I really do. And I wasn't being disrespectful or trying to stir up a fight, I was simply having a conversation, ya know?
Anyway, I totally see Baker as our franchise QB. It's not his fault we don't have guys who can't catch the ball. Anyways, I'll let it go. ?
-
-
Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked
Probably both.
The Cardinals seem to be a dumpster fire at this moment overall.
-
Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked
Probably both.
The Cardinals seem to be a dumpster fire at this moment overall.
Probably both.
The Cardinals seem to be a dumpster fire at this moment overall.
Yep-they switched their defense and this one is a calamity compared to last year.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
