Skip to content

WRs to watch for Browns and the upcoming draft

The Browns Board
53 19 1.9k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I know we are trying to avoid draft talk (for good reason) already, but this is a pretty good cheat sheet for watching college games for the rest of the season regarding possible Browns targets at WR. Including the nephew of Eric Metcalf....

    https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/b7b066c7666994/what-wide-receiver-prospects-c.html#incart_2box

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #2

    Draft? Nananananananananana 

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

  • I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @domcucch1994 said:

    I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

    Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

    (Totally agreed)

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #6

    October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

    Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

    .....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

    Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

    (Totally agreed)

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nero said:

    Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

    (Totally agreed)

    Did you see the one WR prospect was born in SPAIN?!

    Dude, if the Browns drafted a guy from Spain, you have my word that I will personally send you an authentic Browns jersey with his name and number on it! 🙂 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #8

    This is looking like a bad year to need a WR. I dont see a 1st rounder in that crop. Samuel can play and Sills is interesting, but I dont see spending an early pick on them.

  • October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

    Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

    .....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @orion said:

    ...Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

    They haven't met their diva maximum with Beckham?

  • This is looking like a bad year to need a WR. I dont see a 1st rounder in that crop. Samuel can play and Sills is interesting, but I dont see spending an early pick on them.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @louisville-slugger said:

    This is looking like a bad year to need a WR. I dont see a 1st rounder in that crop. Samuel can play and Sills is interesting, but I dont see spending an early pick on them.

    I concur. 

    Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    This is looking like a bad year to need a WR. I dont see a 1st rounder in that crop. Samuel can play and Sills is interesting, but I dont see spending an early pick on them.

    I concur. 

    Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    I concur. 

    Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I concur. 

    Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

    Looks like Chubb vs Ward is a win-win proposition... 

  • @nero said:

    Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

    (Totally agreed)

    Did you see the one WR prospect was born in SPAIN?!

    Dude, if the Browns drafted a guy from Spain, you have my word that I will personally send you an authentic Browns jersey with his name and number on it! 🙂 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did you see the one WR prospect was born in SPAIN?!

    Dude, if the Browns drafted a guy from Spain, you have my word that I will personally send you an authentic Browns jersey with his name and number on it! 🙂 

    Who DATWho DAT

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

    Looks like Chubb vs Ward is a win-win proposition... 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Looks like Chubb vs Ward is a win-win proposition... 

    Ward has had the greater impact however. Chubb is a decent edge player, but Miller makes them all look slow.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Looks like Chubb vs Ward is a win-win proposition... 

    Ward has had the greater impact however. Chubb is a decent edge player, but Miller makes them all look slow.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ward has had the greater impact however. Chubb is a decent edge player, but Miller makes them all look slow.

    Yeah I'm definitely good with Ward. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #16

    The kid from Stanford Gip. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Normally a WR or RB doesn't justify a high draft pick like a QB, DE, OL, DB but this year it might.....

    .......unless Flash Gordon would be available next year (just kidding!).

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

    D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

    The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

     A little on the small side, but reminds me alot of Tyreek Hill.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I concur. 

    Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

    BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

    Chubb has turned it on, no doubt.  But he also got to play against Rosen who was completely frozen last night.  No disrespect to Chubb, but it's not like trying Rivers or Derek Carr.  (two guys who get rid of it quickly).  

    Jameis Winston tends to hold onto the ball while trying to get it deep, so Myles needs the game of his life if we're going to win.  He'll have his chances, for sure.  

  • October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

    Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

    .....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

    Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

    .....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

    So he''s been cut by the Browns, Bills, Patriots (twice), and now the Giants can make it five ...

    Zombo