Skip to content

Hyde traded

The Browns Board
186 46 6.0k 1
  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I was thinking that this trade was meant to get Duke the ball more too. I bet they are going to try and run a new Orleans style offense and use Duke like n.o. uses Kamara. I think after watching the defense Sheet the bed against Oakland and the chargers they realized they have to put as many points on the board as possible.

    Hyde was one of my favorite offseason pickups and he was playing well. If we got Westbrook or Cole I could live with that but trading a good player for a 5th seems stupid

    Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more

    @stillmotion said:

    Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more

    I'm okay with that part of the plan.   My question is - why only settle for a 5th round pick for him when someone like Oakland is losing Marshawn Lynch anywhere from 4 weeks to IR consideration?  There's other teams with injuries to the RB position as well.  It sure feels like we could have received much better exchange value for the guy like WR in particular from Jax.   Moncrief, Cole, or Westbrook could help us.   Giving us one of these guys allows them to start getting Chark some reps there. 

    I don't think these last second trades benefit us as much as they benefit a team we're trading with. 

  • this move coupled with nassib, meder and shelton essentially seals my opinion of dirsey unless that 5th round pick is somehoq involved in bringing us a stud wr or......paxkaged un a tradeup for nick bosa. Essentially the only two highly unlikely circumstances that i would forsee me giving dorsey a passing grade.

    and no, bringing in baker isnt enough anymore cause u just made a move that may hurt baker

    @clevfan4life said:

    this move coupled with nassib, meder and shelton essentially seals my opinion of dirsey unless that 5th round pick is somehoq involved in bringing us a stud wr or......paxkaged un a tradeup for nick bosa. Essentially the only two highly unlikely circumstances that i would forsee me giving dorsey a passing grade.

    and no, bringing in baker isnt enough anymore cause u just made a move that may hurt baker

    I'm still stunned about Meder when I watched SD's running backs combined to run a 5k with the football on us.

    When we have 10 games left THIS year (and considering our WR situation) - Jax could have helped us out much more than a 5th round pick.   

  • Duke is not a power back & knows nothing about protecting himself while absorbing a hit inside..but Dorsey paid him, so give him the damn ball..Chubby I wanted in the draft, but Carlos was the perfect back to mentor him for a year.Carlos is a power back with some of the best power leg balance in the nfl running behind pads. Chubby plays with some good feet bounce, but running with power keeping leg balance Chubby just ain't there yet..Hillard is another feet bounce guy..4th & a yard..Baker sneek is your best running play.(head first,ghesh tnks JD).sorry dudes..am pissss't.. Edit--Meder? can't find a hook on a team yet. Ogun am more than happy with..DT-Trevon Coley for some reason is our issue now..7 tackles, with a half sack..     

  • There are a couple things about the Hyde trade that puzzle me. 1) Why give him first team snaps all week and trade him on a Friday? 2) We are definitely have conversations with Oakland about Amari Cooper. Marshawn Lynch is our a minimum 4 weeks. Seems Hyde could have been part of a mutually beneficial deal?

  • we'll prob see nassib tommorrow at least a little bit. He's not scarin baker comin around the edge unless baker has to flush out of the pocket...but i bet nassib has a decent day against the run. My bet is tampa presses up to stop the run and short throws.....daring baker to find someone deep. Bet tampa doesnt respect our wr corp

  • This has a moneyball feel.  The manager wont play the pitcher ar first base....so he trades the first baseman to force him to.

  • This has a moneyball feel.  The manager wont play the pitcher ar first base....so he trades the first baseman to force him to.

    @kvoethe said:

    This has a moneyball feel.  The manager wont play the pitcher ar first base....so he trades the first baseman to force him to.

    Definitely maybe a Depodesta move. 

  • we'll prob see nassib tommorrow at least a little bit. He's not scarin baker comin around the edge unless baker has to flush out of the pocket...but i bet nassib has a decent day against the run. My bet is tampa presses up to stop the run and short throws.....daring baker to find someone deep. Bet tampa doesnt respect our wr corp

    @clevfan4life said:

    .....daring baker to find someone deep. Bet tampa doesnt respect our wr corp

    Callaway will have his Florida City home boyz in the crowd..I like Calloway coming up big in Tampa..Landry hits on a shot deep too..?

  • Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there.  He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well.  Not sure what they expected out of him.

    Chubb's turn now.  (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)

  • There are a couple things about the Hyde trade that puzzle me. 1) Why give him first team snaps all week and trade him on a Friday? 2) We are definitely have conversations with Oakland about Amari Cooper. Marshawn Lynch is our a minimum 4 weeks. Seems Hyde could have been part of a mutually beneficial deal?

    @jcam222 said:

    There are a couple things about the Hyde trade that puzzle me. 1) Why give him first team snaps all week and trade him on a Friday? 

    Because the coaches wanted Hyde to be the starter.

    And when the coaches want a player to be the starter, that player gets first team snaps.

    And when the GM wants other players to get on the field and they aren't because of said player, said player gets traded. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    .....daring baker to find someone deep. Bet tampa doesnt respect our wr corp

    Callaway will have his Florida City home boyz in the crowd..I like Calloway coming up big in Tampa..Landry hits on a shot deep too..?

    @gumby73 said:

    Callaway will have his Florida City home boyz in the crowd..I

    I'm sure they will spend their time together going to bible study, drinking a nice malted drink at the nearest soda fountain, and helping old women cross the street. 😉

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I was thinking that this trade was meant to get Duke the ball more too. I bet they are going to try and run a new Orleans style offense and use Duke like n.o. uses Kamara. I think after watching the defense Sheet the bed against Oakland and the chargers they realized they have to put as many points on the board as possible.

    Hyde was one of my favorite offseason pickups and he was playing well. If we got Westbrook or Cole I could live with that but trading a good player for a 5th seems stupid

    Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more

    @stillmotion said:

    Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more

    Hue did say that he needed to figure out how to get Chubb more carries. Dorsey unconfused him some. 

  • Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there.  He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well.  Not sure what they expected out of him.

    Chubb's turn now.  (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)

    @orion said:

    Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there.  He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well.  Not sure what they expected out of him.

    Chubb's turn now.  (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)

    They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.  

    We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come.  Hyde was a one year contract.   His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?

  • @orion said:

    Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there.  He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well.  Not sure what they expected out of him.

    Chubb's turn now.  (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)

    They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.  

    We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come.  Hyde was a one year contract.   His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?

    @lbc-mike said:

     Hyde was a year contract.   His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?

    ?quiet the bucks are up next😉 Hyde was on a 3 year 15.2M deal.3.5 signing bonus,*8M guarantees..Hyde was also overall 10th now 11th after TNF in RB stats..Chubby better be on ?ranking #49..

  • Well, we have the #1 overall pick in the draft playing QB...Chubb better be picking the blitzer...while he's trying to do better than 3.4 per carry.  Ya don't get a lot of room to run when the D isn't too worried about your receivers.

    I just don't see why we couldn't have kept him as Chubb's backup.  Unless he was going to be a malcontent.  Or, like the half-crazy theory of Dorsey trading him 'cuz the damn coach wouldn't play Chubb....in which case, Hue would be a lame duck.

  • Dorsey was showing hue who controls things?    Is there a trade coming soon with the extra picks we have pilied?  Dorsey build the KC team we see today.

  • @orion said:

    Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there.  He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well.  Not sure what they expected out of him.

    Chubb's turn now.  (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)

    They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.  

    We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come.  Hyde was a one year contract.   His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?

    @lbc-mike said:

    They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.  

    yes and we were all screaming at haley because of it

  • Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do. 

    It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it. 

    None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself. 

  • Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do. 

    It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it. 

    None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. 

    Someone (possibly Tour?) posted that Duke is actually listed as the #1 RB, not Chubb... 

    I'll be curious to see how this plays out today.

  • And I was gonna give this coaching staff one more chance to play him inside the 5 on my FF team. Now Hyde is sitting on my bench until I see how Jax uses him. At least I know they are smart enough to use him close in once he has a better feel for their offense.