Hyde traded
-
There are a couple things about the Hyde trade that puzzle me. 1) Why give him first team snaps all week and trade him on a Friday? 2) We are definitely have conversations with Oakland about Amari Cooper. Marshawn Lynch is our a minimum 4 weeks. Seems Hyde could have been part of a mutually beneficial deal?
There are a couple things about the Hyde trade that puzzle me. 1) Why give him first team snaps all week and trade him on a Friday?
Because the coaches wanted Hyde to be the starter.
And when the coaches want a player to be the starter, that player gets first team snaps.
And when the GM wants other players to get on the field and they aren't because of said player, said player gets traded.
-
.....daring baker to find someone deep. Bet tampa doesnt respect our wr corp
Callaway will have his Florida City home boyz in the crowd..I like Calloway coming up big in Tampa..Landry hits on a shot deep too..?
-
I was thinking that this trade was meant to get Duke the ball more too. I bet they are going to try and run a new Orleans style offense and use Duke like n.o. uses Kamara. I think after watching the defense Sheet the bed against Oakland and the chargers they realized they have to put as many points on the board as possible.
Hyde was one of my favorite offseason pickups and he was playing well. If we got Westbrook or Cole I could live with that but trading a good player for a 5th seems stupid
Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more
Maybe it's Dorsey essentially forcing Hue to use Duke (and Chubb) more
Hue did say that he needed to figure out how to get Chubb more carries. Dorsey unconfused him some.
-
Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there. He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well. Not sure what they expected out of him.
Chubb's turn now. (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)
Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there. He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well. Not sure what they expected out of him.
Chubb's turn now. (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)
They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.
We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come. Hyde was a one year contract. His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?
-
Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there. He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well. Not sure what they expected out of him.
Chubb's turn now. (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)
They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.
We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come. Hyde was a one year contract. His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?
-
Well, we have the #1 overall pick in the draft playing QB...Chubb better be picking the blitzer...while he's trying to do better than 3.4 per carry. Ya don't get a lot of room to run when the D isn't too worried about your receivers.
I just don't see why we couldn't have kept him as Chubb's backup. Unless he was going to be a malcontent. Or, like the half-crazy theory of Dorsey trading him 'cuz the damn coach wouldn't play Chubb....in which case, Hue would be a lame duck.
-
Dorsey was showing hue who controls things? Is there a trade coming soon with the extra picks we have pilied? Dorsey build the KC team we see today.
-
Hyde got us yards when there was nothing there. He's a tough, hard nosed runner that picked up the blitz well. Not sure what they expected out of him.
Chubb's turn now. (I guess having Hyde as the backup to Chubb wasn't an option)
They didn't use him when it was 2nd and 1, then 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.
We have Duke and Chub locked up for years to come. Hyde was a one year contract. His average was an impressive 3.4 yards a carry?
-
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
-
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here.
Someone (possibly Tour?) posted that Duke is actually listed as the #1 RB, not Chubb...
I'll be curious to see how this plays out today.
-
And I was gonna give this coaching staff one more chance to play him inside the 5 on my FF team. Now Hyde is sitting on my bench until I see how Jax uses him. At least I know they are smart enough to use him close in once he has a better feel for their offense.
-
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
Baker was himself - he just didn't have wr's open. at all, most of the time. With a slightly tweaked ankle, he was no threat to scramble - it was just a bad matchup for the Browns. Should be a very, very different deal today vs the bucs.
Meanwhile, Devante Parker, wr, could be traded for ..for a third round pick. I believe the Browns win big today.
-
THIS MAKES NO FKING SENSE!
WATCH WHEN THE INJURY BUG HITS. OUR OFFENSE IS NOW MORE ANEMIC!!
URRRRRRRRGGHHHHHH
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
-
Nick and Duke are the best ever
-
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
It’s the pumpers mantra. Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault. While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
