Hyde traded
-
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
Anybody have a feel for how good Chubb is at picking up the short yardage? I don't remember. Like, if it's 3rd and 1, is he known to move the pile and pick up the first? I guess I'm a little concerned he'll dance around a bit and try to hit the homerun like so many rookies tend to do.
It's been talked about a little, but the fact that Duke is now the 2nd string RB could help us here. Screen passes, draw plays, wheel routes, or even just quick slants from the slot would certainly help us move the ball. I also would not be opposed to seeing a 3rd and medium draw play with Duke to try and catch them napping, especially on the Bucs' side of the field where we might go for it on 4th. I'd also like to see another direct snap to Duke...that play worked well the one time we ran it.
None of this will really matter if Baker doesn't rebound and find ways to get the ball out quicker. It's what he's known for, and last week he wasn't himself.
Baker was himself - he just didn't have wr's open. at all, most of the time. With a slightly tweaked ankle, he was no threat to scramble - it was just a bad matchup for the Browns. Should be a very, very different deal today vs the bucs.
Meanwhile, Devante Parker, wr, could be traded for ..for a third round pick. I believe the Browns win big today.
-
THIS MAKES NO FKING SENSE!
WATCH WHEN THE INJURY BUG HITS. OUR OFFENSE IS NOW MORE ANEMIC!!
URRRRRRRRGGHHHHHH
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
-
Nick and Duke are the best ever
-
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
It’s the pumpers mantra. Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault. While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker
-
Look I'm your side here. But I'm not sure how you would expect any RB to have a high YPC when your OC calls an outside pitch counter by design.
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
-
I'm just being an pooper. Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.
The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.
It’s the pumpers mantra. Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault. While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker
It’s the pumpers mantra. Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault. While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker
Baker looked much better in the 2nd half. Give him one more receiving weapon and he will shred D's
-
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Wow. At half time you have stuck the boot in on our rookie RB in his first start?
Your point that Chubb is the same as Hyde which means we should play Hyde is hilarious. Even funnier when it ended up 4.4 ypc
-
Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.
Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc? I can't be sure.
@londonbrown Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap.
Wow. At half time you have stuck the boot in on our rookie RB in his first start?
Your point that Chubb is the same as Hyde which means we should play Hyde is hilarious. Even funnier when it ended up 4.4 ypc
Wow. At half time you have stuck the boot in on our rookie RB in his first start?
Your point that Chubb is the same as Hyde which means we should play Hyde is hilarious. Even funnier when it ended up 4.4 ypc
No, that isn't my point at all. I don't see how with the posts of my clarification after my initial response were somehow hard for you to wrap your head around.
-
It’s the pumpers mantra. Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault. While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker
Baker looked much better in the 2nd half. Give him one more receiving weapon and he will shred D's
-
I did not see us missing Hyde today.
Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.
-
You give Baker more weapons and time and he would be elite, yeah I’ll say it. The problem is building a line like the Cowboys circa 1990s isn’t easy
A fun quick look.?.Baker in 5 games=85 of 153=55.6%=1076 yards.=7.3 ypa=4tds=5 ints=12 sacks/////Brees first 5 games=57 of 96=60'ish%=6.0 ypa=4 tds-2 ints=5 sacks///Peyton Manning first 5 games=(fairly close) 81of 146=57'ish%=992 yards=3 tds=11 ints=on sack 11* of season ending 22 sacks..
-
If you can’t see the quicker moves by Chubb then there is no sense discussing this. Hyde was flat footed half the time trying to look for a hole. Dorsey forced the coaches to use Chubb, excellent move.
-
If you can’t see the quicker moves by Chubb then there is no sense discussing this. Hyde was flat footed half the time trying to look for a hole. Dorsey forced the coaches to use Chubb, excellent move.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login