Skip to content

Hyde traded

The Browns Board
186 46 6.0k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Head into half time, Chubb averaging exactly 3ypc.

    Someone help me with the math, is that less than 3.4ypc?  I can't be sure.

    @londonbrown     Double check those numbers for me, ol' chap. 

    Wow. At half time you have stuck the boot in on our rookie RB in his first start? 

    Your point that Chubb is the same as Hyde which means we should play Hyde is hilarious. Even funnier when it ended up 4.4 ypc

    @londonbrown said:

    Wow. At half time you have stuck the boot in on our rookie RB in his first start? 

    Your point that Chubb is the same as Hyde which means we should play Hyde is hilarious. Even funnier when it ended up 4.4 ypc

     No, that isn't my point at all.      I don't see how with the posts of my clarification after my initial response were somehow hard for you to wrap your head around.   

  • @baconhound said:

    It’s the pumpers mantra.  Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault.  While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker

    Baker looked much better in the 2nd half. Give him one more receiving weapon and he will shred D's

    @jcam222 said:

    Baker looked much better in the 2nd half. Give him one more receiving weapon and he will shred D's

    You give Baker more weapons and time and he would be elite, yeah I’ll say it.  The problem is building a line like the Cowboys circa 1990s isn’t easy

  • I did not see us missing Hyde today.

    Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.

  • I did not see us missing Hyde today.

    Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.

    @tour2ma said:

    I did not see us missing Hyde today.

    Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.

    I've been pleasantly surprised by Chubb's explosiveness. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    Baker looked much better in the 2nd half. Give him one more receiving weapon and he will shred D's

    You give Baker more weapons and time and he would be elite, yeah I’ll say it.  The problem is building a line like the Cowboys circa 1990s isn’t easy

    @baconhound said:

    You give Baker more weapons and time and he would be elite, yeah I’ll say it.  The problem is building a line like the Cowboys circa 1990s isn’t easy

    A fun quick look.?.Baker in 5 games=85 of 153=55.6%=1076 yards.=7.3 ypa=4tds=5 ints=12 sacks/////Brees first 5 games=57 of 96=60'ish%=6.0 ypa=4 tds-2 ints=5 sacks///Peyton Manning first 5 games=(fairly close) 81of 146=57'ish%=992 yards=3 tds=11 ints=on sack 11* of season ending 22 sacks..

  • If you can’t see the quicker moves by Chubb then there is no sense discussing this. Hyde was flat footed half the time trying to look for a hole. Dorsey forced the coaches to use Chubb, excellent move.

  • If you can’t see the quicker moves by Chubb then there is no sense discussing this. Hyde was flat footed half the time trying to look for a hole. Dorsey forced the coaches to use Chubb, excellent move.

    @acmikeac said:

     Dorsey forced the coaches to use Chubb, excellent move.

    Now if he could only find a way to get rid of their ridiculous playcalling inside the 2 yd line, maybe we could actually win a game or two more.

  • Chubb certainly ran better in the second half. It was nice to see.  

    Just thinking little nothings out loud here, I wonder if (when) Dorsey cuts Hue loose - we search for someone who likes the idea of going to more of a ZBS.  Just eyeing up personnel between QB, RB and oline.... seems like a natural fit.

    edit:  Calling on @tour2ma for a second opinion on that thought.  

  • ZBS might work with Chubb running, but I'd be a little concerned with Zeitler and Hubbard in the scheme.

    And everything  worked better in the 2nd half. I really believe it took us a half to solve TB's "new" DC. Plus Alexander going out of the game did help as well.

  • ZBS might work with Chubb running, but I'd be a little concerned with Zeitler and Hubbard in the scheme.

    And everything  worked better in the 2nd half. I really believe it took us a half to solve TB's "new" DC. Plus Alexander going out of the game did help as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    ZBS might work with Chubb running, but I'd be a little concerned with Zeitler and Hubbard in the scheme.

    And everything  worked better in the 2nd half. I really believe it took us a half to solve TB's "new" DC. Plus Alexander going out of the game did help as well.

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

  • I did not see us missing Hyde today.

    Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.

    @tour2ma said:

    I did not see us missing Hyde today.

    Hyde is a tough runner, but Chubb brings tackle-breaking to the table that we lacked.

    He's also really unique in the sense he looks like he's faster when guys start bouncing off him. After the draft, I found and shared a video of that showed very thing I just mentioned about him featuring many of his TD runs in the SEC.  Aside from that, he actually aced some of the Underwear Olympics in Indy that would entice NFL teams to look at the tape to see if it showed up on film as well.  I think the National Championship against an extremely well prepared Bama front for the UGA's tendencies with him was about the only mulligan he needed on a sensational career that should have had enough film showing this kid could blaze.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ZBS might work with Chubb running, but I'd be a little concerned with Zeitler and Hubbard in the scheme.

    And everything  worked better in the 2nd half. I really believe it took us a half to solve TB's "new" DC. Plus Alexander going out of the game did help as well.

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    I don't normally criticize either one of our Guards; but I think both of them had costly penalties that were avoidable. Not only that; but they should have been able to wedge block the 2 plays from TB's 1 yard line better than the result we got from it against that opponent without McCoy IMO.   With the experience volume and the high salaries Bitonio and Zeitler are making here - comes an expectation of consistency, reliability and leadership they need to uphold better than they did this week. I do realize both guys are probably multi-tasking in some hand holding/baby sitting of 2 OTs that WON starting jobs in training camp for the first time of their careers. That may be harder than it looks; because Steinbach made it look so easy when he did that for Joe Thomas just a year or 2 before repeating it with Alex Mack at Center.  

    Love your thinking about Baker and the bootlegs.  I think we'll have better opportunities in the near future than our first half set up for us yesterday as surprised as I was to see what unfolded at the LOS.  Bootlegs and waggles thrive off the running game's success inside and outside.  If either/both is comprised by OTs getting their asss kicked, we have a better chance at selling tanning beds in the Tropics than playaction fakes for the bootleg.  Not only that, but it sure looked like we underrated the Hell out of Kwon Alexander in our game plans and right down to the very detail of any of our newbies tipping off tendencies at the line of scrimmage before he got hurt.  He looked like Luke Keuchly out there with 1st step instinct and preparation for the match-up. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    ZBS might work with Chubb running, but I'd be a little concerned with Zeitler and Hubbard in the scheme.

    And everything  worked better in the 2nd half. I really believe it took us a half to solve TB's "new" DC. Plus Alexander going out of the game did help as well.

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    Agree on the bootlegs... Baker's TOR accuracy looks to be very close to his stationary accuracy.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    With a more mobile RT, sure... the ZBS makes a lot more sense.

    Zeitler? I'm still unsure. To my eye he lacks the required fluidity to be a great fit for the ZBS. Can he be "Greco-adequate" in it? Maybe if he sheds the weight John did when we went to it under Shanny the Younger.

    Aside: It's really good to see John playing well with NYG. Unfortunately he's the best of a very, very bad OL. Nate Solder is the most overpaid OL in the league, by far.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm just being an pooper.        Hyde being on this team is a net positive vs him not being on the team.    

    The fact the attitude of some here was that Chubb was going to step in and shine out had me laughing.  

    It’s the pumpers mantra.  Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault.  While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker

    @baconhound said:

    It’s the pumpers mantra.  Baker completes 55% of his passes and has a 4/5 TD/INT and it’s everyone else’s fault.  While our offensive line, receiving Corp and RBs are all average at best.....so is Baker

    Still a team sport.

    My pre mitigating factors o line isn't playing very well wide receiver Corps is decimated and we lead the league in dropped passes.

    WSS

    Besides that bad officiating and terrible place-kicking.

  • Agree on the bootlegs... Baker's TOR accuracy looks to be very close to his stationary accuracy.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    With a more mobile RT, sure... the ZBS makes a lot more sense.

    Zeitler? I'm still unsure. To my eye he lacks the required fluidity to be a great fit for the ZBS. Can he be "Greco-adequate" in it? Maybe if he sheds the weight John did when we went to it under Shanny the Younger.

    Aside: It's really good to see John playing well with NYG. Unfortunately he's the best of a very, very bad OL. Nate Solder is the most overpaid OL in the league, by far.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm still unsure. To my eye he lacks the required fluidity to be a great fit for the ZBS. Can he be "Greco-adequate" in it? Maybe if he sheds the weight John did when we went to it under Shanny the Younger.

    Aside: It's really good to see John playing well with NYG. Unfortunately he's the best of a very, very bad OL. Nate Solder is the most overpaid OL in the league, by far.

    Was upset when he was released by the Browns, he was one of those unsung guys that really helps a team out. Versatile player.

    Plus he's got my great-grandfather's name! 🙂

  • Agree on the bootlegs... Baker's TOR accuracy looks to be very close to his stationary accuracy.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zeitler doesn't bother me too much.   Hubbard I'm expecting to be replaced at some point very quickly in the off-season.   

    Was just imagining Mayfield on the bootlegs.  Something designed to actually take advantage of his mobility.  

    With a more mobile RT, sure... the ZBS makes a lot more sense.

    Zeitler? I'm still unsure. To my eye he lacks the required fluidity to be a great fit for the ZBS. Can he be "Greco-adequate" in it? Maybe if he sheds the weight John did when we went to it under Shanny the Younger.

    Aside: It's really good to see John playing well with NYG. Unfortunately he's the best of a very, very bad OL. Nate Solder is the most overpaid OL in the league, by far.

    @tour2ma said:

    Aside: It's really good to see John playing well with NYG. Unfortunately he's the best of a very, very bad OL. Nate Solder is the most overpaid OL in the league, by far.

    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking and seeing this.    I didn't believe Solder to be a bad signing but good Christ, he really is looking well beyond overpaid right now.  

  • i dont understand how some of u look at the guys that are mad hyde is gone fir a 5th rounder, and think that we werent noticing chubbs talent. I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work. And that could have come about without releasing hyde. Most normal teams fap to a RB room like we had. Hyde and chubb could have alternated workloads with duke still gettin his every week. 

  • i dont understand how some of u look at the guys that are mad hyde is gone fir a 5th rounder, and think that we werent noticing chubbs talent. I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work. And that could have come about without releasing hyde. Most normal teams fap to a RB room like we had. Hyde and chubb could have alternated workloads with duke still gettin his every week. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work.

    Yes, you did... and for once you were right... 😉

  • i dont understand how some of u look at the guys that are mad hyde is gone fir a 5th rounder, and think that we werent noticing chubbs talent. I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work. And that could have come about without releasing hyde. Most normal teams fap to a RB room like we had. Hyde and chubb could have alternated workloads with duke still gettin his every week. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    i dont understand how some of u look at the guys that are mad hyde is gone fir a 5th rounder, and think that we werent noticing chubbs talent. I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work. And that could have come about without releasing hyde. Most normal teams fap to a RB room like we had. Hyde and chubb could have alternated workloads with duke still gettin his every week. 

    I don't believe there are enough carries or plays for all 3 of those guys.   There just aren't enough carries for both Hyde and Chubb in the same offense.   Duke should've been getting used more and still should be as the 3rd down back and is more than capable to fill in for a few plays and carries when the starter needs a break.   

    Chubb got 18 carries on Sunday and probalby should've gotten more than that.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i dont understand how some of u look at the guys that are mad hyde is gone fir a 5th rounder, and think that we werent noticing chubbs talent. I srarted a thread 2 weeks ago stating chubb needs more work. And that could have come about without releasing hyde. Most normal teams fap to a RB room like we had. Hyde and chubb could have alternated workloads with duke still gettin his every week. 

    I don't believe there are enough carries or plays for all 3 of those guys.   There just aren't enough carries for both Hyde and Chubb in the same offense.   Duke should've been getting used more and still should be as the 3rd down back and is more than capable to fill in for a few plays and carries when the starter needs a break.   

    Chubb got 18 carries on Sunday and probalby should've gotten more than that.

    @mark-o said:

    Chubb got 18 carries on Sunday and probably should've gotten more than that.

    Yeah, like inside the 2 yd. line.?