Skip to content

Hyde traded

The Browns Board
186 46 6.0k 1
  • Maybe getting some ammo to pull off a trade for a WR. 

  • This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

  • This also clears a roster spot

  • This also clears a roster spot

    @lbc-mike said:

    This also clears a roster spot

    Bring back cajuste

  • fukking Retarded trading ur grinder for a 5th. Hyde has been our workhorse. chubb needs time. Yesterday obe could argue this team had the best RB room ib the NFL. And today we dont. So god damn fukking stupid to do this now. 

    y'all can count on a thread im gonna make later this season when chibb gets dinged and this rerarded fukking kunt of an organization starts asking duke to do all the heavy lifting.....possibly getting him long term injured.

    If this trade blows up in tbe browns face u can almoat guarantee we'll start to hear grumbling out of baker too cause they kunt swapped his stud backfield. Once baker has zero run game to rely on and teams just pin the ears back and come after him......well, baker was nice while it lasted. A couple feely good games, thanks jimmy...thanks dorsey. Now lets get baxk to talking about the #1 pick

  • This also clears a roster spot

    @lbc-mike said:

    This also clears a roster spot

    A young WR off a practice squad somewhere? 

    Some close to Browns saying Chubb was earmarked for a much larger role from here on out so they got something for Hyde before his value became zero 

  • This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

    Like you... I just feel like Hue is bench warmer... .. I just hope doesn't start his back stabbing Sheet again...

  • again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed it. Im not sure chubb can get those tough interior yds like hyde does. They were pretty good comolinents to each other. and one was pretty good at guarding the young qb while the other might get him killed

  • Well, it's never a dull day.......

  • This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

    Ya or it gives Hue another excuse for Jimmah. 

    “He trades my starting veteran running back mid season for a 5th round pick”

    Not to mention Dorsey signed Hyde. So he’s using the Vet he signed at RB... just like he was using the QB vet he signed 

    I don’t know. Hopefully they are taking the payroll of a player they don’t really need and signing a WR or some LB depth...

  • again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed it. Im not sure chubb can get those tough interior yds like hyde does. They were pretty good comolinents to each other. and one was pretty good at guarding the young qb while the other might get him killed

    @clevfan4life said:

    again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed itd

    Ah, correct me if I am wrong but those loser coaches did not use him when we were 1st and goal from the 1 last game. So there's that.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    This also clears a roster spot

    A young WR off a practice squad somewhere? 

    Some close to Browns saying Chubb was earmarked for a much larger role from here on out so they got something for Hyde before his value became zero 

    @londonbrown said:

    A young WR off a practice squad somewhere? 

    Some close to Browns saying Chubb was earmarked for a much larger role from here on out so they got something for Hyde before his value became zero 

    And should Chubb get hurt, Hyde's value is way more than zero.Our depth is approaching zero. 

  • So whose gonna spell Chubb if he gets hurt?

    @nickers said:

    So whose gonna spell Chubb if he gets hurt?

    You?    We have no depth now.

  • This was kind of ridiculous. I understand wanting to get duke the ball more, but hyde was a beast. I understand we want to give chubb more looks too and cut down on money. But realistically we're an injury away from being screwed now.

  • This was kind of ridiculous. I understand wanting to get duke the ball more, but hyde was a beast. I understand we want to give chubb more looks too and cut down on money. But realistically we're an injury away from being screwed now.

    @stillmotion said:

    This was kind of ridiculous. I understand wanting to get duke the ball more, but hyde was a beast. I understand we want to give chubb more looks too and cut down on money. But realistically we're an injury away from being screwed now.

    I don't know if I totally agree with it, but Dorsey might be thinking that some guy he finds off someone's practice squad could give him 3.4 yards a carry, and now that guy can be #3 and the guys he wants to see on the field - Chubb and Johnson will have to be?

    This happened faster than I expected, I figured Hyde was going to be traded/cut this offseason. 

  • A 3.4 ypc back they don’t even trust at the goal line is far from a beast 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed itd

    Ah, correct me if I am wrong but those loser coaches did not use him when we were 1st and goal from the 1 last game. So there's that.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ah, correct me if I am wrong but those loser coaches did not use him when we were 1st and goal from the 1 last game. So there's that.

    ur not wrong here. But just because our OC likes faggy playcalling at precisely the wrong times, doesnt mean hyde had no value. This is such a sht move. It reminds me of holmgrens "fullbacks dont matter" so lets use peyton hillis next year out of single back west coast hoorseshit.

    god fukking dammit. This team always blows up.something tbey start to.do well. Omg last we stopped the run well so lets torpedo that.....??????????????

  • A 3.4 ypc back they don’t even trust at the goal line is far from a beast 

    @londonbrown said:

    A 3.4 ypc back they don’t even trust at the goal line is far from a beast 

    thats on haley not hyde. 

  • @nickers said:

    So whose gonna spell Chubb if he gets hurt?

    You?    We have no depth now.

    @coyote said:

    You?    We have no depth now.

    LOL Not with  my torn up legs..

  • I still don’t get the reasoning behind this trade, only thing I can think of is they are trying to bring in some big money players before the deadline.... need WR, CB depth, LB depth...

    but the Browns are still 5th in salary cap space in the league...