Hue's Presser
-
He wasn’t real popular in stoolcity and I couldn’t understand why we signed him. Then it dawned on me........Hue’s an idiot
Hue praised Amos Jones' special teams today too. It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.
Next Fall guy is either Amos or Greg Williams. But Dorsey is on to his BS, and sees it light as day.
Hue praised Amos Jones' special teams today too. It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.
Next Fall guy is either Amos or Greg Williams. But Dorsey is on to his BS, and sees it light as day.
Jones should have been gone. It'd be weird to fire the OC after he was the one instructed to pick an OC and got to pick him. I could see if Dorsey handpicked Haley.
-
Hue praised Amos Jones' special teams today too. It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.
Next Fall guy is either Amos or Greg Williams. But Dorsey is on to his BS, and sees it light as day.
It took the GM to show him how to get Chubb more carries. Hue was really scratching his head on that one.
It took the GM to show him how to get Chubb more carries. Hue was really scratching his head on that one.
Wouldn't the lack of Chubb fall on Haley? I recall the whole Gordon thing when he was supposed to be benched yet Haley called a formation with Gordon in it and Hue claimed he didn't know Gordon was going to start.
-
It took the GM to show him how to get Chubb more carries. Hue was really scratching his head on that one.
Wouldn't the lack of Chubb fall on Haley? I recall the whole Gordon thing when he was supposed to be benched yet Haley called a formation with Gordon in it and Hue claimed he didn't know Gordon was going to start.
Wouldn't the lack of Chubb fall on Haley? I recall the whole Gordon thing when he was supposed to be benched yet Haley called a formation with Gordon in it and Hue claimed he didn't know Gordon was going to start.
Hue is in charge. Not Haley.
-
Everyone said he needed
an OC because it was too much for him. Now it’s not? I think the guy is smoking crack
It's important to note that Hue was 1-31 for us as OC. Todd has already helped win two games this year alone for us. Maybe Todd does suck (I'm not sure we have large enough of a sample size yet), but during Hue's OC hiatus, he struggled immensely, and his time management was always questionable.
It's important to note that Hue was 1-31 for us as OC. Todd has already helped win two games this year alone for us. Maybe Todd does suck (I'm not sure we have large enough of a sample size yet), but during Hue's OC hiatus, he struggled immensely, and his time management was always questionable.
I put our two wins on the new players and NOT the coaching staff. The players willed those wins in spite of the staff, not because of the staff.
-
Thanks Still..Anybody got a Ray Farmer sweat towel?
..At 6 mins. we hear "we got to nut up" but for the 3rd game of 7, these coaches have none nothing to improve on over 10 penalties per game with 58 accepted against.TB, to the tone of 14 which 6 first downs were given up by penalty(yikes) .Hue Jackson heads this team in gameday preparation coming out of locker room to start a game.In 7 games we have kicked 2 fg's getting 1 safety yesterday.8 points in 1st Q!! 32 in 2nd Q with 2 TD's at Oak,than settling for 6 fg's in 2nd Q..45 pts. in 3rd..64 points in 4th.Winning 1 0f 4 OT games with a sloppy fg to win in OT. These players are given a match up tape of each player they line up against to win 1 on 1 battles weekly. The talented Utes, are not winning those match-ups till they learn them themselves to late in games. That's due to not being "nutted up" in coaches pre-game preparations..These players deserve better than a FO trapped, ego driven, bus driver now running over his staff..
-
After listening to that, it seems to me Hue is a lame duck that just stands there on Sunday's.
Either Haley isn't listening to him or he's not allowed to dictate anything on the offense.
Either way, that was the worst defense in the league and the offense sucked against it. Duke had 1 rushing attempt. Top ten paid RB in the league and he is in on 5 total plays.
Jimmy made his bed. Now he gets to lie in it. This is what you get when you fire two head coaches in three years, because you are a terrible owner, bring in a new guy then purposely tank with a semi pro team for two years.
Can't wait to see the great candidates that line up for this job opening!
-
The main problem I had with the decision making yesterday was not taking the FG before halftime. Our defense gifted us 2 points, and we took away 3 points from the team by going for it.
you can’t give the offense that opportunity after an unimpressive first half. Could’ve been 16-5 instead of 16-2.
Even Baker said “any points are good points” in his presser ?
-
The main problem I had with the decision making yesterday was not taking the FG before halftime. Our defense gifted us 2 points, and we took away 3 points from the team by going for it.
you can’t give the offense that opportunity after an unimpressive first half. Could’ve been 16-5 instead of 16-2.
Even Baker said “any points are good points” in his presser ?
The main problem I had with the decision making yesterday was not taking the FG before halftime. Our defense gifted us 2 points, and we took away 3 points from the team by going for it.
you can’t give the offense that opportunity after an unimpressive first half. Could’ve been 16-5 instead of 16-2.
Even Baker said “any points are good points” in his presser ?
You completely nailed it, and it's the main reason I'm so angry. ANY POINTS are good in that situation! 16-5 at halftime isn't "good" or anything, but 11 points isn't too much to overcome at all. I'm listening to a radio show guy who is livid about this decision. It's not that complicated, it really isn't. These are the things that we can't understand. Here's something else...the 3rd down at the end of overtime. It's 3rd and 3, and we're in DEEP FG range. Our running game had picked up, you gotta figure we're in 4 down territory if we run it, OR we can try and long FG and hope to heck it goes in. But on 3rd and 3, with the game on the line, we go shotgun formation and run a LONG DEVELOPING pass play! WTF!! Don't you try and run it there? You pick your best run play, you hand it off, and then you see where we are on 4th down. Why do you pick a long developing pass play on the most important play of the game when we've had such a hard time protecting ALL DAY? I don't get it, and it's infuriating. I've been perhaps the biggest "Keep the Coaching Staff" proponent on this board, and even I am beginning to understand why everyone is so upset about our coaching.
And we didn't lose because of the refs, but I've NEVER seen more flags picked up against a team than I see with us. How many times did Myles Garrett get held? How many times was it called? The very last pass play that set up the Bucs' magical FG, I'm 99% sure Garrett got held badly. I need to see it again, but my first reaction was screaming at the television for a holding flag, and I couldn't believe when I didn't see it. Myles got held so many times....just....ugh.
-
I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks.
I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks.
And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.
-
-
The main problem I had with the decision making yesterday was not taking the FG before halftime. Our defense gifted us 2 points, and we took away 3 points from the team by going for it.
you can’t give the offense that opportunity after an unimpressive first half. Could’ve been 16-5 instead of 16-2.
Even Baker said “any points are good points” in his presser ?
You completely nailed it, and it's the main reason I'm so angry. ANY POINTS are good in that situation! 16-5 at halftime isn't "good" or anything, but 11 points isn't too much to overcome at all. I'm listening to a radio show guy who is livid about this decision. It's not that complicated, it really isn't. These are the things that we can't understand. Here's something else...the 3rd down at the end of overtime. It's 3rd and 3, and we're in DEEP FG range. Our running game had picked up, you gotta figure we're in 4 down territory if we run it, OR we can try and long FG and hope to heck it goes in. But on 3rd and 3, with the game on the line, we go shotgun formation and run a LONG DEVELOPING pass play! WTF!! Don't you try and run it there? You pick your best run play, you hand it off, and then you see where we are on 4th down. Why do you pick a long developing pass play on the most important play of the game when we've had such a hard time protecting ALL DAY? I don't get it, and it's infuriating. I've been perhaps the biggest "Keep the Coaching Staff" proponent on this board, and even I am beginning to understand why everyone is so upset about our coaching.
And we didn't lose because of the refs, but I've NEVER seen more flags picked up against a team than I see with us. How many times did Myles Garrett get held? How many times was it called? The very last pass play that set up the Bucs' magical FG, I'm 99% sure Garrett got held badly. I need to see it again, but my first reaction was screaming at the television for a holding flag, and I couldn't believe when I didn't see it. Myles got held so many times....just....ugh.
But on 3rd and 3, with the game on the line, we go shotgun formation and run a LONG DEVELOPING pass play! WTF!! Don't you try and run it there? You pick your best run play, you hand it off, and then you see where we are on 4th down
And we didn't lose because of the refs, but I've NEVER seen more flags picked up against a team than I see with us. How many times did Myles Garrett get held? How many times was it called? The very last pass play that set up the Bucs' magical FG, I'm 99% sure Garrett got held badly. I need to see it again, but my first reaction was screaming at the television for a holding flag, and I couldn't believe when I didn't see it. Myles got held so many times....just....ugh.
The long “Shot” play should’ve been on 1st down, with an outlet option(Duke) out of the backfield. Gotta give Baker a chance to make the necessary play to win.
I’m assuming the play your referring to, 3rd and 3, Baker was sacked and we punted after.
I believe they were setting up a Callaway drag(underneath) route, and the play broke down, and the pocket collapsed.
Somethings gotta give, regardless, with 1 more L..
-
I hate to say this, but he looks really bad the way he acted. Worse then possibly ever before. I think I have him figured out. Here are my takeaways from the presser.
- Hue did his usual "we need to get better, we need to close games, i came here to win schtick
- He said they needed to fix the discipline and penalties, but have they really improved at that since he started?
- He defended Gerbil, which is alright but then just full-out aggressively attacked Haley. One could even say He coddled Gerbil, saying that it wasn't his fault and he would do better next time. Do you think Bill B would do that? Or would Bill B put someone else in there to return kicks next game?
- Hue defended all of his calls and arrogantly said they were the right moves, included going for it on 4th (which was possibly something Haley didn't want to do). Hue wants Haley to be a coffee fetcher, and a yes man, but who knows how much influence Hue has on the offense already?
- Hue will clearly be try to get Todd fired, blaming him to Dorsey and Jimmy. Maybe the offense doing so bad is Todd's fault, but maybe it also has to do with Hue. Remember Josh Gordon said, "Just about all of the plays are the same and I know them" when we saw them on T.V. Hue clearly wants to be the offensive coordinator too because he believes he can do a better job. Can he? Maybe, but I would never treat anyone who worked with me, Like they worked only for me.
- The whole "ITS MY TEAM, IM THE COACH, ITS ALL MINE" talk at the end of the presser was like a four year old was talking on the playground. Either Dorsey will A ) Do whatever Hue says, because he's right, and obviously if he listens to them, the Browns will win, as Hue says, or B ) Side with Haley, and realize that Hue has made questionable decisions and is trying to control too much, and agree that Hue and Haley need to coexist.
- Final question is, will Hue and Haley co-exist? Can they co-exist after Hue's lashing of Haley and calling out that he wants him to pretty much be a coffee fetcher and call the plays himself. Hue calling plays was awful, maybe just as awful as Haley has been, so if we give him that back will it suddenly change us and make us win in these close situations?
If I'm Haley, I do NOT want to work with a guy like Hue, who completely blames ME and the Offense, but excuses all of the other things, such as Baker making mistakes, the line sucking, Gerbil's fumble. That is NOT something a man who takes responsibility does. He needs to work WITH Todd to fix this, not tell him "DO AS I SAY OR ELSE". Such CHILDISH behavior.
* Note - I am NOT saying fire Hue now. Obviously let him ride out for the rest of the season. But If I'm Dorsey and Hue says "He's gotta go, It's either me calling plays or him", then I'm going to be like, Hue, I'm in charge of the team, and you do what I say now. Either work together to win and take responsibility, or leave.
Lastly - Hue coddles the players and doesn't blame them for anything so they're on his side. In turn, they have no responsibility because he'll just brush them off. ALA Corey Coleman sitting out practices, buying shoes, and not trying. Both Haley and Gregg call this out, and Hue screams "ITS MY TEAM, IM IN CHARGE" during Hard Knocks. They witness how lazy and undisciplined the players are. When the Sashi fiasco happened, Hue obviously went to Jimmy, and got the backing of all the players because he coddled them, like what's happening now. Hopefully Dorsey can see right through this and we don't have to go through the 2019 season with Hue. Because I can't deal with this Sheet another year after this childish passive-aggressive behavior.
I hate to say this, but he looks really bad the way he acted. Worse then possibly ever before. I think I have him figured out. Here are my takeaways from the presser.
- Hue did his usual "we need to get better, we need to close games, i came here to win schtick
- He said they needed to fix the discipline and penalties, but have they really improved at that since he started?
- He defended Gerbil, which is alright but then just full-out aggressively attacked Haley. One could even say He coddled Gerbil, saying that it wasn't his fault and he would do better next time. Do you think Bill B would do that? Or would Bill B put someone else in there to return kicks next game?
- Hue defended all of his calls and arrogantly said they were the right moves, included going for it on 4th (which was possibly something Haley didn't want to do). Hue wants Haley to be a coffee fetcher, and a yes man, but who knows how much influence Hue has on the offense already?
- Hue will clearly be try to get Todd fired, blaming him to Dorsey and Jimmy. Maybe the offense doing so bad is Todd's fault, but maybe it also has to do with Hue. Remember Josh Gordon said, "Just about all of the plays are the same and I know them" when we saw them on T.V. Hue clearly wants to be the offensive coordinator too because he believes he can do a better job. Can he? Maybe, but I would never treat anyone who worked with me, Like they worked only for me.
- The whole "ITS MY TEAM, IM THE COACH, ITS ALL MINE" talk at the end of the presser was like a four year old was talking on the playground. Either Dorsey will A ) Do whatever Hue says, because he's right, and obviously if he listens to them, the Browns will win, as Hue says, or B ) Side with Haley, and realize that Hue has made questionable decisions and is trying to control too much, and agree that Hue and Haley need to coexist.
- Final question is, will Hue and Haley co-exist? Can they co-exist after Hue's lashing of Haley and calling out that he wants him to pretty much be a coffee fetcher and call the plays himself. Hue calling plays was awful, maybe just as awful as Haley has been, so if we give him that back will it suddenly change us and make us win in these close situations?
If I'm Haley, I do NOT want to work with a guy like Hue, who completely blames ME and the Offense, but excuses all of the other things, such as Baker making mistakes, the line sucking, Gerbil's fumble. That is NOT something a man who takes responsibility does. He needs to work WITH Todd to fix this, not tell him "DO AS I SAY OR ELSE". Such CHILDISH behavior.
* Note - I am NOT saying fire Hue now. Obviously let him ride out for the rest of the season. But If I'm Dorsey and Hue says "He's gotta go, It's either me calling plays or him", then I'm going to be like, Hue, I'm in charge of the team, and you do what I say now. Either work together to win and take responsibility, or leave.
Lastly - Hue coddles the players and doesn't blame them for anything so they're on his side. In turn, they have no responsibility because he'll just brush them off. ALA Corey Coleman sitting out practices, buying shoes, and not trying. Both Haley and Gregg call this out, and Hue screams "ITS MY TEAM, IM IN CHARGE" during Hard Knocks. They witness how lazy and undisciplined the players are. When the Sashi fiasco happened, Hue obviously went to Jimmy, and got the backing of all the players because he coddled them, like what's happening now. Hopefully Dorsey can see right through this and we don't have to go through the 2019 season with Hue. Because I can't deal with this Sheet another year after this childish passive-aggressive behavior.
He wore me right the flock out when my biggest worry was firing him during the 2018 season. I ran out of anything I can defend him with any more.
I chose co-exist and he gave me co-exhaust.
-
FYI, reminder, Hue is giving a presser at 2:30pm today. Maybe to clarify what he said yesterday.
-
-
-
-
We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis.
-
We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis.
We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis.
Some Takeaways from Hue's Monday Presser.
- Hue says that he never felt any pressure to "win now" from the Haslam's and absolutely have their full support no matter what. He said he knows this from conversations with Jimmy, and seemed like he's not worried about the security of his job at all.
- Hue insinuates that Hyde was traded abruptly as a way to get Chubb more carries. He insinuates its a move he and Dorsey made. (Possibly to Haley, who might've liked Hyde better)
- Hue insists he didn't throw Haley under the bus, and didn't mean that he would call the plays. He then says Haley has to get the plays approved by him and that he'd like a bigger influence in that. He then goes on to say that some coaches Have blind spots but insists that he wasn't talking about Todd LOL
- Hue then insists it was him who hired Todd, and not John, and that he doesn't think it would be right to take away play calling abilities from a coordinator (then why talk about it bruh?)
- He does his usual (I came here to be a winner, we have to get better) speech, and insists he said what he said yesterday from frustration of only winning like 3 games in 3 years. He also says he regrets NOTHING he said, and came across as arrogant
- Then Hue goes on to brag about how he's helped the Special Teams get better without credit, and how he can help the offense any way (which is most likely by bossing Todd around more)
IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him.
However, we should ride the Hue train out this year, because a mid season fire is the absolute worst, and just chaos overall. We need to find and court the next McVay, because I think all of us fans are tired of his excuses and egotistical attitude along with never admitting fault at anything.
-
So does hue stretch his record beyond 40 losses? Does anyone think his record will get broken within 30 years?
My bet is that hue never gets another nfl job after his stint here. He’s just flat out all around terrible at coaching.
-
I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks.
And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.
And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.
The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login