Skip to content

Hue's Presser

The Browns Board
97 27 3.0k 1
  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #51

    FYI, reminder, Hue is giving a presser at 2:30pm today. Maybe to clarify what he said yesterday.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Maybe to step down ????

  • Maybe to step down ????

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @7moses7 said:

    Maybe to step down ????

    Nah- he'll never quit, Jimmuh is going to have to fire his azz, with Dorsey's blessing.

  • @7moses7 said:

    Maybe to step down ????

    Nah- he'll never quit, Jimmuh is going to have to fire his azz, with Dorsey's blessing.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @hoorta said:

    Nah- he'll never quit, Jimmuh is going to have to fire his azz, with Dorsey's blessing.

    Facts. If Hue was 4-99, he still would not step down. He'd still insist he is here to win, and that we have to get better.

  • V VikingDawg wrote on last edited by
    #55

    We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

  • We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @vikingdawg said:

    We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    Some Takeaways from Hue's Monday Presser.

    - Hue says that he never felt any pressure to "win now" from the Haslam's and absolutely have their full support no matter what. He said he knows this from conversations with Jimmy, and seemed like he's not worried about the security of his job at all.

    - Hue insinuates that Hyde was traded abruptly as a way to get Chubb more carries. He insinuates its a move he and Dorsey made. (Possibly to Haley, who might've liked Hyde better)

    -  Hue insists he didn't throw Haley under the bus, and didn't mean that he would call the plays. He then says Haley has to get the plays approved by him and that he'd like a bigger influence in that. He then goes on to say that some coaches Have blind spots but insists that he wasn't talking about Todd LOL

    - Hue then insists it was him who hired Todd, and not John, and that he doesn't think it would be right to take away play calling abilities from a coordinator (then why talk about it bruh?)

    - He does his usual (I came here to be a winner, we have to get better) speech, and insists he said what he said yesterday from frustration of only winning like 3 games in 3 years. He also says he regrets NOTHING he said, and came across as arrogant

    - Then Hue goes on to brag about how he's helped the Special Teams get better without credit, and how he can help the offense any way (which is most likely by bossing Todd around more)

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him.

    However, we should ride the Hue train out this year, because a mid season fire is the absolute worst, and just chaos overall. We need to find and court the next McVay, because I think all of us fans are tired of his excuses and egotistical attitude along with never admitting fault at anything.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #57

    So does hue stretch his record beyond 40 losses? Does anyone think his record will get broken within 30 years?  

    My bet is that hue never gets another nfl job after his stint here. He’s just flat out all around terrible at coaching. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks. 

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @texasag1969 said:

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #59

    So Hue got a “vote of confidence “ from Haslam. 

    Hmmmm, gone by Halloween?  Or Thanksgiving?

    Has Hue actually got anything at all right since he arrived?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #60

    The more I hear Hue talk, the more I want him gone.

  • @vikingdawg said:

    We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    Some Takeaways from Hue's Monday Presser.

    - Hue says that he never felt any pressure to "win now" from the Haslam's and absolutely have their full support no matter what. He said he knows this from conversations with Jimmy, and seemed like he's not worried about the security of his job at all.

    - Hue insinuates that Hyde was traded abruptly as a way to get Chubb more carries. He insinuates its a move he and Dorsey made. (Possibly to Haley, who might've liked Hyde better)

    -  Hue insists he didn't throw Haley under the bus, and didn't mean that he would call the plays. He then says Haley has to get the plays approved by him and that he'd like a bigger influence in that. He then goes on to say that some coaches Have blind spots but insists that he wasn't talking about Todd LOL

    - Hue then insists it was him who hired Todd, and not John, and that he doesn't think it would be right to take away play calling abilities from a coordinator (then why talk about it bruh?)

    - He does his usual (I came here to be a winner, we have to get better) speech, and insists he said what he said yesterday from frustration of only winning like 3 games in 3 years. He also says he regrets NOTHING he said, and came across as arrogant

    - Then Hue goes on to brag about how he's helped the Special Teams get better without credit, and how he can help the offense any way (which is most likely by bossing Todd around more)

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him.

    However, we should ride the Hue train out this year, because a mid season fire is the absolute worst, and just chaos overall. We need to find and court the next McVay, because I think all of us fans are tired of his excuses and egotistical attitude along with never admitting fault at anything.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @stillmotion said:

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him

    Wait!!! I've got Schoolie convinced that Mrs.Jackson is clucking Dee Haslam for donations to the Jackson Foundation..that's our story & were sticking to it?..Edit--?I can see clearly now the broken glass wind--shield's  gone..I can see more obstacles in Hue's Bus way..?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #62

    Round 2...Ding,Ding!! 

        The Good Ship Hue- -Pops is now selling popcorn..get ready.. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #63

    @jcam222 said:

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

  • @jcam222 said:

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #64

    @texasag1969 said:

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @stillmotion said:

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    There it is in a nutshell. But I'd start looking for a replacement right now, not wait until the good ones are already taken. Dorsey should be given permission right now to replace him at season's end. He has already proven himself to be one of the worst gameday coaches in NFL history. No more evidence is needed at this point.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @stillmotion said:

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @jcam222 said:

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

    Hue said it was true in the presser. He didn't say if it was every play, or only critical situations, but he said that during his post game presser.

    I know Haley has been horrible, but i refuse to judge someone so dang quickly when Hue gets 3 years to be judged.

  • Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @londonbrown said:

    Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019