Skip to content

Hue's Presser

The Browns Board
97 27 3.0k 1
  • We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

  • We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    Some Takeaways from Hue's Monday Presser.

    - Hue says that he never felt any pressure to "win now" from the Haslam's and absolutely have their full support no matter what. He said he knows this from conversations with Jimmy, and seemed like he's not worried about the security of his job at all.

    - Hue insinuates that Hyde was traded abruptly as a way to get Chubb more carries. He insinuates its a move he and Dorsey made. (Possibly to Haley, who might've liked Hyde better)

    -  Hue insists he didn't throw Haley under the bus, and didn't mean that he would call the plays. He then says Haley has to get the plays approved by him and that he'd like a bigger influence in that. He then goes on to say that some coaches Have blind spots but insists that he wasn't talking about Todd LOL

    - Hue then insists it was him who hired Todd, and not John, and that he doesn't think it would be right to take away play calling abilities from a coordinator (then why talk about it bruh?)

    - He does his usual (I came here to be a winner, we have to get better) speech, and insists he said what he said yesterday from frustration of only winning like 3 games in 3 years. He also says he regrets NOTHING he said, and came across as arrogant

    - Then Hue goes on to brag about how he's helped the Special Teams get better without credit, and how he can help the offense any way (which is most likely by bossing Todd around more)

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him.

    However, we should ride the Hue train out this year, because a mid season fire is the absolute worst, and just chaos overall. We need to find and court the next McVay, because I think all of us fans are tired of his excuses and egotistical attitude along with never admitting fault at anything.

  • So does hue stretch his record beyond 40 losses? Does anyone think his record will get broken within 30 years?  

    My bet is that hue never gets another nfl job after his stint here. He’s just flat out all around terrible at coaching. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks. 

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

  • So Hue got a “vote of confidence “ from Haslam. 

    Hmmmm, gone by Halloween?  Or Thanksgiving?

    Has Hue actually got anything at all right since he arrived?

  • The more I hear Hue talk, the more I want him gone.

  • @vikingdawg said:

    We gotta make more good plays and less bad plays, we gotta stop getting penalized and making bad choices, we need to win and that's what I am here to do, I am putting it on my shoulders and going to do everything I can to get some wins this time blah blah blah.... Same story every week. The guy sounds like a poor parody of Marvin "8-8" Lewis. 

    Some Takeaways from Hue's Monday Presser.

    - Hue says that he never felt any pressure to "win now" from the Haslam's and absolutely have their full support no matter what. He said he knows this from conversations with Jimmy, and seemed like he's not worried about the security of his job at all.

    - Hue insinuates that Hyde was traded abruptly as a way to get Chubb more carries. He insinuates its a move he and Dorsey made. (Possibly to Haley, who might've liked Hyde better)

    -  Hue insists he didn't throw Haley under the bus, and didn't mean that he would call the plays. He then says Haley has to get the plays approved by him and that he'd like a bigger influence in that. He then goes on to say that some coaches Have blind spots but insists that he wasn't talking about Todd LOL

    - Hue then insists it was him who hired Todd, and not John, and that he doesn't think it would be right to take away play calling abilities from a coordinator (then why talk about it bruh?)

    - He does his usual (I came here to be a winner, we have to get better) speech, and insists he said what he said yesterday from frustration of only winning like 3 games in 3 years. He also says he regrets NOTHING he said, and came across as arrogant

    - Then Hue goes on to brag about how he's helped the Special Teams get better without credit, and how he can help the offense any way (which is most likely by bossing Todd around more)

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him.

    However, we should ride the Hue train out this year, because a mid season fire is the absolute worst, and just chaos overall. We need to find and court the next McVay, because I think all of us fans are tired of his excuses and egotistical attitude along with never admitting fault at anything.

    @stillmotion said:

    IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him

    Wait!!! I've got Schoolie convinced that Mrs.Jackson is clucking Dee Haslam for donations to the Jackson Foundation..that's our story & were sticking to it?..Edit--?I can see clearly now the broken glass wind--shield's  gone..I can see more obstacles in Hue's Bus way..?

  • Round 2...Ding,Ding!! 

        The Good Ship Hue- -Pops is now selling popcorn..get ready.. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And we all knew Hue could not run an offense any better than Haley has. Fire them both along with Wiley. They are all wasting space on the bench.

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    @jcam222 said:

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

  • @jcam222 said:

    The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    @texasag1969 said:

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    @stillmotion said:

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    There it is in a nutshell. But I'd start looking for a replacement right now, not wait until the good ones are already taken. Dorsey should be given permission right now to replace him at season's end. He has already proven himself to be one of the worst gameday coaches in NFL history. No more evidence is needed at this point.

  • Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    @stillmotion said:

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

    I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

    I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

    Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

    Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

    I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

    Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

    His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

    I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

    @jcam222 said:

    If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

    Hue said it was true in the presser. He didn't say if it was every play, or only critical situations, but he said that during his post game presser.

    I know Haley has been horrible, but i refuse to judge someone so dang quickly when Hue gets 3 years to be judged.

  • Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    @londonbrown said:

    Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

  • @nickers said:

    I'm looking for a link to confirm this

    5c72970cc04a212a4e0ff13dcf43c685.png

    It's like I just lost a tooth and I'm closing my eyes with it tucked neatly under my pillow...... can't wait to wake up and see what the Fairy left me. 

    @d-bone said:

    It's like I just lost a tooth and I'm closing my eyes with it tucked neatly under my pillow...... can't wait to wake up and see what the Fairy left me. 

    ...... left me with nothing but the same old stinky, bald, rotten tooth.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

    @ghoolie said:

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

    You have and I give you credit for it. You were right about Hue. But with a coach like McVay next year, the Browns have hope.

    Hopefully Dorsey is smart enough to see through Hue.

  • @ghoolie said:

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

    You have and I give you credit for it. You were right about Hue. But with a coach like McVay next year, the Browns have hope.

    Hopefully Dorsey is smart enough to see through Hue.

    @stillmotion said:

    You have and I give you credit for it. You were right about Hue. But with a coach like McVay next year, the Browns have hope.

    Hopefully Dorsey is smart enough to see through Hue.

    Still,

    I take no pride in being right about Hue. It does, however, frustrate me to see so man here hypnotized by analytics, stats, and talking heads bullcrap. My Dad always drilled home with me that my success, anyone's success is profoundly centered in discipline and fundamentals. I am not a football genius, but through blessings in life, I have learned a lot about how and why people perform and succeed or fail. Marty and Sam both had SB caliber teams, but they were both too focused on performance and not fundamentals. In times of crises, they always fell short and were dumbfounded. Honestly, Red Right 88, The Drive, and The Fumble.....and more were games lost due to the lack of discipline. 

    When Hue took over, the #1 problem with the Browns was a lack of discipline, One Training camps is all I would need to change that behavior forever more. One season is all it would have taken me to eliminate that cancer. Every year I go to training camp and every year it is the same thing......focus on plays, speed, jumping, and all the bullschidt that these players have been doing all their lives.

    These things are the least deserving of practice time. These skills are innate, a WR knows how to catch, an RB knows how to hit a hole.....Hue is stupid, and his players are stupid. Over and over, when they are about to get the ball back, or when they make a great play, they cause themselves harm. They do things like call running plays on 2nd and 1, or try to block a punt deep in the opponents own territory when the O needs the ball back. You name it, in crucial situations, Hue's players are the dumbest bastards on earth. When crunch time comes, it is discipline that makes the difference, not talent.

    Regarding Hue, I lot of people won't ever get my take, but as a business owner, as a guy who started companies from an idea,  the thought of firing Hue Jackson is so ridiculous that I can't believe we are talking about it. Think about all the heat the media have brought down on the Browns for constantly changing ship. Now imagine we go 5 wins. And we fire Hue? Fire a man who went from 0 -16 to 5 - 10 -1? Do you see the conundrum here? Here the Browns are, improved, and we are going to blow it up again?

    If I am the CEO, I am not taking the heat for firing a guy who improved my 0 - 16 team. I think Haley goes first. After that? I believe you would have a war between Hue and Dorsey. If Gordon plays large, Baker is just so-so, Barkley shines large, and the Browns are still a mess at, say 3 - 12 - 1 ? Haley will be first to go, then my bet is that Dorsey is gone. I don't see Williams ever being given the HC job.

    I hope the teams wins 8 and impresses. Then none of this crap will matter. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Haley or Hue does it really matter?

    Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

    @ghoolie said:

    I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

    I saw that first hand in Tampa. Way too much of dump it off for 5 yards when it's third and ten- or worse. there is take what the defense gives you, but it was frustrating. Baker was off on his deep throws. 

    And way too many dumb penalties.