Skip to content

To best fans in Nfl

The Browns Board
92 21 2.8k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Or if he wants to stay downtown, get some bbq at Mabel's on E.4th Street and peruse the local bars... 

    Thanks Mr Oven 

    Mabel's sounds good 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Thanks Mr Oven 

    I will just quote this so I can remember it for ever... 

    LOL 

  • @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Thank you all very much  for your replies 

    Can't wait to see the browns and meet some browns fans in the bars 

    Go browns 

    You should find an Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips. Delicious sampling of authentic England.

    All kidding aside, if you are wearing the colors and go into the Downtown area all weekend, the fans will take great care of you.

    Are you driving? 

    Lol. Have a safe flight, and I hope.you have the time of your life.

    Just curious, would you remain a Browns fan if London was.given an NFL team?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ghoolie said:

    You should find an Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips. Delicious sampling of authentic England.

    All kidding aside, if you are wearing the colors and go into the Downtown area all weekend, the fans will take great care of you.

    Are you driving? 

    Lol. Have a safe flight, and I hope.you have the time of your life.

    Just curious, would you remain a Browns fan if London was.given an NFL team?

    Arthur Treachers closed years ago.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ghoolie said:

    I believe the NFL is still considering expansion to London and Toronto.

    Enjoy the trip my friend.

    Not anytime soon

  • @ghoolie said:

    You should find an Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips. Delicious sampling of authentic England.

    All kidding aside, if you are wearing the colors and go into the Downtown area all weekend, the fans will take great care of you.

    Are you driving? 

    Lol. Have a safe flight, and I hope.you have the time of your life.

    Just curious, would you remain a Browns fan if London was.given an NFL team?

    Arthur Treachers closed years ago.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #22

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Arthur Treachers closed years ago.

    Well there were over 800 at one time now 7 (May 2018) three in New York four in Ohio co-branded with Nathans.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So Ian fill up with chips before you leave for Cleveland and enjoy some GREAT regional food here! There's plenty to choose from. 😁

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

  • Definitely going to visit NFL hall of fame

    I just worried not going to make all theses great eating places and bars lol

    E Emma barking mad Morgan wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Definitely going to visit NFL hall of fame

    I just worried not going to make all theses great eating places and bars lol

    @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Thank you all very much  for your replies 

    Can't wait to see the browns and meet some browns fans in the bars 

    Go browns 

    Woof woof 

  • Mr. Oven ?

    In a nation whose food is a buffet of foreign food from throughout the world, barbecue is as American as it gets. 

    Plus Mabel's is owned and ran by renowned Cleveland chef Michael Symon. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mr. Oven ?    

    N8qd.gif      COzN.gif    Q57.gif      7mMr.gif     Too Soon? ?...

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Arthur Treachers closed years ago.

    Well there were over 800 at one time now 7 (May 2018) three in New York four in Ohio co-branded with Nathans.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So Ian fill up with chips before you leave for Cleveland and enjoy some GREAT regional food here! There's plenty to choose from. 😁

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mjp28 said:

    Well there were over 800 at one time now 7 (May 2018) three in New York four in Ohio co-branded with Nathans.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So Ian fill up with chips before you leave for Cleveland and enjoy some GREAT regional food here! There's plenty to choose from. 😁

    I swear I think there still is one in Cuyahoga Falls, on State... 

  • @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Thanks Mr Oven 

    I will just quote this so I can remember it for ever... 

    LOL 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @nero said:

    I will just quote this so I can remember it for ever... 

    LOL 

    This was accidentally pure gold. ?

  • They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

    Too bad. I always liked Arthur Treacher’sToo bad. I always liked Arthur Treacher’s

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Mr. Oven ?    

    N8qd.gif      COzN.gif    Q57.gif      7mMr.gif     Too Soon? ?...

    E Emma barking mad Morgan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gumby73 said:

    N8qd.gif      COzN.gif    Q57.gif      7mMr.gif     Too Soon? ?...

    ????Love it 

  • I Ian the brown taylor wrote on last edited by
    #30

    That's funny I love the breast stroke one pmsl

  • @nero said:

    I will just quote this so I can remember it for ever... 

    LOL 

    This was accidentally pure gold. ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @dutch-oven said:

    This was accidentally pure gold. ?

    Almost impossible to ignore!   ?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Well this thread sure got interesting.  😆   Oh well........

  • They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

    Aw c'mon...

    Arthur's was right up there with Roy Rogers...

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They closed around here years ago, and they weren't that great.

    Aw c'mon...

    Arthur's was right up there with Roy Rogers...

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    Aw c'mon...

    Arthur's was right up there with Roy Rogers...

    I remember they had one of those on Pearl Road.  I think it's a Wendy's now.  Carols Hamburgers on W.130th.  and of course The Red Barn on Pearl and Snow.

  • I Ian the brown taylor wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Wendy's have a few in the UK 

    But best I've tasted is the in and out burger place 

    Stunning 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #36

    Since this is about the best fans in the NFL and in Ohio that means football and food, naturally I remember Arthur Treacher the sidekick to Merv Griffin AND the face on the fish and chips sign. 

    I also remember when when they put a franchise in around 1970ish in front of the Eastwood Mall in Niles, OH, I thought it was great. That was during the big franchise boom back then including co-branding which continues today.

    Arthur Treachers then took some unusual twists, originally founded in Columbus, OH is wove it's was through NE Ohio and out.....

    ........After losing the case to the franchisees and having no way to compensate them, Mrs. Paul's sold Arthur Treacher's to Lumara Foods of America Inc. in March 1982. Lumara Foods filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code four months later.

    The company was subsequently bought by a group of investors and the corporate offices were relocated to Youngstown, Ohio. It went into bankruptcy in 1983. Two years later, it was merged into a shell company by Jim Cataland.

    From 1985 to 1993, Cataland slowly expanded the company again. In 1993, money from a new group of investors was used to introduce a more modern seafood concept; to buy additional stores; and to move the company from its base operations in Youngstown, Ohio, to Jacksonville, Florida.

    In the mid-1980s, franchises in Detroit, Michigan were converted by their owner to a new chain called Seafood Bay. Arthur Treacher's purchased six Seafood Bay locations back in 1997, but was unsuccessful in reverting them.

    The company experimented with co-branding, forming an alliance with Arby's (which got its start in the Youngstown suburb of Boardman) for co-branded locations. One such location existed in Breezewood, Pennsylvania. However, by the late 1990s, Arby's parent Triarc removed the Arthur Treacher's portions of its co-branded Arby's. Today, Arthur Treacher's primary co-branding partner is Nathan's Famous........

    That's when I moved from Niles to Boardman in 1985. So there you go.......

    Damn I'm getting hungry, time for some GAMEDAY food!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Aw c'mon...

    Arthur's was right up there with Roy Rogers...

    I remember they had one of those on Pearl Road.  I think it's a Wendy's now.  Carols Hamburgers on W.130th.  and of course The Red Barn on Pearl and Snow.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #37

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Carols Hamburgers on W.130th.  and of course The Red Barn on Pearl and Snow.

    Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...

    Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.

    @ian-the-brown-taylor said:

    Wendy's have a few in the UK 

    But best I've tasted is the in and out burger place 

    Stunning 

    I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.

    I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Wahlburger's downtown yet? 

    Owned by Marky Mark Wahlburg and his brothers.