To best fans in Nfl
-
Since this is about the best fans in the NFL and in Ohio that means football and food, naturally I remember Arthur Treacher the sidekick to Merv Griffin AND the face on the fish and chips sign.
I also remember when when they put a franchise in around 1970ish in front of the Eastwood Mall in Niles, OH, I thought it was great. That was during the big franchise boom back then including co-branding which continues today.
Arthur Treachers then took some unusual twists, originally founded in Columbus, OH is wove it's was through NE Ohio and out.....
........After losing the case to the franchisees and having no way to compensate them, Mrs. Paul's sold Arthur Treacher's to Lumara Foods of America Inc. in March 1982. Lumara Foods filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code four months later.
The company was subsequently bought by a group of investors and the corporate offices were relocated to Youngstown, Ohio. It went into bankruptcy in 1983. Two years later, it was merged into a shell company by Jim Cataland.
From 1985 to 1993, Cataland slowly expanded the company again. In 1993, money from a new group of investors was used to introduce a more modern seafood concept; to buy additional stores; and to move the company from its base operations in Youngstown, Ohio, to Jacksonville, Florida.
In the mid-1980s, franchises in Detroit, Michigan were converted by their owner to a new chain called Seafood Bay. Arthur Treacher's purchased six Seafood Bay locations back in 1997, but was unsuccessful in reverting them.
The company experimented with co-branding, forming an alliance with Arby's (which got its start in the Youngstown suburb of Boardman) for co-branded locations. One such location existed in Breezewood, Pennsylvania. However, by the late 1990s, Arby's parent Triarc removed the Arthur Treacher's portions of its co-branded Arby's. Today, Arthur Treacher's primary co-branding partner is Nathan's Famous........
That's when I moved from Niles to Boardman in 1985. So there you go.......
Damn I'm getting hungry, time for some GAMEDAY food!
-
Carols Hamburgers on W.130th. and of course The Red Barn on Pearl and Snow.
Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...
Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.
Wendy's have a few in the UK
But best I've tasted is the in and out burger place
Stunning
I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.
I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...
-
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Wahlburger's downtown yet?
Owned by Marky Mark Wahlburg and his brothers.
-
Culver’s is good
-
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Wahlburger's downtown yet?
Owned by Marky Mark Wahlburg and his brothers.
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Wahlburger's downtown yet?
Owned by Marky Mark Wahlburg and his brothers.
Booked in for the tailgate gnats next Sunday
And going to walburgers in the casino after game . Have heard it's good
-
Ian, it's probably going to be ugly next Sunday. KC has a good team. But enjoy yourself in Cleveland.
-
Culver’s is good
Culver’s is good
They have one in Avon Lake. Haven't tried it yet but supposed to be good.
-
Ian, it's probably going to be ugly next Sunday. KC has a good team. But enjoy yourself in Cleveland.
Ian, it's probably going to be ugly next Sunday. KC has a good team. But enjoy yourself in Cleveland.
True, but expectations will be so low that any upside will feel good...
-
Ian, it's probably going to be ugly next Sunday. KC has a good team. But enjoy yourself in Cleveland.
True, but expectations will be so low that any upside will feel good...
-
Ian, it's probably going to be ugly next Sunday. KC has a good team. But enjoy yourself in Cleveland.
True, but expectations will be so low that any upside will feel good...
-
Carols Hamburgers on W.130th. and of course The Red Barn on Pearl and Snow.
Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...
Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.
Wendy's have a few in the UK
But best I've tasted is the in and out burger place
Stunning
I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.
I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...
Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...
Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.
I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.
I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...
Red Barn was terrible. No Jack in the Box in Ohio that I know of. Wife collects those styrofoam Jack heads..
-
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
-
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans
Make sure you have a bottle of Great Lakes Christmas Ale, a local delight of a beer
edit - Will it be sold as early as next week?
-
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
-
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
-
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
-
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
-
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Ovenin Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
Thanks Mike
I shall definitely check out some other these places
-
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
Whenever I travel I always ask people in other businesses where the locals like best to eat. I had the best Italian Ribolitta soup I have ever tasted in my life in a little out of the way cafe in Florence. We were the only tourists in that little sidewalk cafe down a sidestreet on the other side of the river from the main square. Similar experiences in other countries as well. If we ever get to eastern Spain I will make sure Nero takes us to such a place. I'm sure he's got a couple or more there.
-
Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...
Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.
I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.
I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...
Red Barn was terrible. No Jack in the Box in Ohio that I know of. Wife collects those styrofoam Jack heads..
Red Barn was terrible. No Jack in the Box in Ohio that I know of. Wife collects those styrofoam Jack heads..
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
There was a Red Barn in my town right across from the football field, and naturally it was packed after the games. We used to eat there all the time, obviously, it being so convenient. (not McD's anywhere close then...though now there is).
Also....for a 6 week period in 1971 I worked for The Red Barn on Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale, and FYI, their National (International?) headquarters was in Ft. L. The CEO of the company would come into our place all the time.
But, yes, they went belly up.
The Red Barn restaurant was a fast-food restaurant chain founded in 1961 in Springfield, Ohio, by Don Six, Martin Levine, and Jim Kirst. In 1963, the small chain was purchased by Richard O. Kearns, operated as Red Barn System, with the offices moving briefly to Dayton, Ohio and in August 1964 to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. During the late 1960s United Servomation, also called Servomation, bought the Red Barn chain.[1] In 1978 United Servomation merged with the City Investing Company's GDV division which also owned the Motel 6motel chain.[1][2] Only interested in real estate, construction, and financial services the new owners ceased advertising for the chain along with allowing the franchise leases to expire with the last of the leases expiring around 1988.[1][3] At its peak, Red Barn had 300-400 restaurants in 19 states, as well as outlets in southern Ontario, elsewhere in Canada, andAustralia.[4]
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
