To best fans in Nfl
-
Loved the "CarolBurger"... their version of the Big Mac...
Ate at that Red Barn once... actually made me sick.
I found In N Out to be overrated... one of those "mystique" things... like Coors beer once upon a time.
I think Jack (formerly known as Jack in the Box) has the best food of all the national chains, but in Texas we have Whataburger. Their Patti Melt is killer...
Red Barn was terrible. No Jack in the Box in Ohio that I know of. Wife collects those styrofoam Jack heads..
Red Barn was terrible. No Jack in the Box in Ohio that I know of. Wife collects those styrofoam Jack heads..
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
There was a Red Barn in my town right across from the football field, and naturally it was packed after the games. We used to eat there all the time, obviously, it being so convenient. (not McD's anywhere close then...though now there is).
Also....for a 6 week period in 1971 I worked for The Red Barn on Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale, and FYI, their National (International?) headquarters was in Ft. L. The CEO of the company would come into our place all the time.
But, yes, they went belly up.
The Red Barn restaurant was a fast-food restaurant chain founded in 1961 in Springfield, Ohio, by Don Six, Martin Levine, and Jim Kirst. In 1963, the small chain was purchased by Richard O. Kearns, operated as Red Barn System, with the offices moving briefly to Dayton, Ohio and in August 1964 to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. During the late 1960s United Servomation, also called Servomation, bought the Red Barn chain.[1] In 1978 United Servomation merged with the City Investing Company's GDV division which also owned the Motel 6motel chain.[1][2] Only interested in real estate, construction, and financial services the new owners ceased advertising for the chain along with allowing the franchise leases to expire with the last of the leases expiring around 1988.[1][3] At its peak, Red Barn had 300-400 restaurants in 19 states, as well as outlets in southern Ontario, elsewhere in Canada, andAustralia.[4]
-
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Oven in Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
Hartville Kitchen is far from being the best Amish style food. The Amish Door is much better....as are a number of other Amish country eateries.
-
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
How long are you going to be in Cleveland, and where are you staying?
Here are a few suggestions about local Cleveland eateries, etc. that you could try to patronize when you are here:
A. Go to the Westside Market. Numerous food booths with all kinds of variety and mostly all good stuff.
B. Hot Sauce Williams (I believe it may be on Carnegie)....if you want some true American Soul food or Barbecue
C. The Academy Tavern, on the East Side, East Woodland I believe, fairly near Shaker Square
D. Johnny's Bar on Fulton (there is also a Johnny's downtown...Warehouse district)
E. The Harbor Inn The most Iconic Cleveland "pub". In The Flats, west side. You get everyone from dock workers to lawyers in there and everything in between.
F. Heck's Cafe, Ohio City.
H. If by any chance you are staying down near Medina, The Timber Lodge is the best restaurant near there.
And if you are going to be in the Akron area, check in with me there.
G. The Hofbrau Haus, on Chester, for German
H. Corky and Lenny's East Side, on Chagrin Blvd. Jewish deli.
I. Any one of several Italian restaurants in Little Italy, Mayfield Rd. East side.
J. The Flat Iron Cafe, in the Flats. Frequented by Browns Board tailgators at times.
-
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
How long are you going to be in Cleveland, and where are you staying?
Here are a few suggestions about local Cleveland eateries, etc. that you could try to patronize when you are here:
A. Go to the Westside Market. Numerous food booths with all kinds of variety and mostly all good stuff.
B. Hot Sauce Williams (I believe it may be on Carnegie)....if you want some true American Soul food or Barbecue
C. The Academy Tavern, on the East Side, East Woodland I believe, fairly near Shaker Square
D. Johnny's Bar on Fulton (there is also a Johnny's downtown...Warehouse district)
E. The Harbor Inn The most Iconic Cleveland "pub". In The Flats, west side. You get everyone from dock workers to lawyers in there and everything in between.
F. Heck's Cafe, Ohio City.
H. If by any chance you are staying down near Medina, The Timber Lodge is the best restaurant near there.
And if you are going to be in the Akron area, check in with me there.
G. The Hofbrau Haus, on Chester, for German
H. Corky and Lenny's East Side, on Chagrin Blvd. Jewish deli.
I. Any one of several Italian restaurants in Little Italy, Mayfield Rd. East side.
J. The Flat Iron Cafe, in the Flats. Frequented by Browns Board tailgators at times.
How long are you going to be in Cleveland, and where are you staying?
Here are a few suggestions about local Cleveland eateries, etc. that you could try to patronize when you are here:
A. Go to the Westside Market. Numerous food booths with all kinds of variety and mostly all good stuff.
B. Hot Sauce Williams (I believe it may be on Carnegie)....if you want some true American Soul food or Barbecue
C. The Academy Tavern, on the East Side, East Woodland I believe, fairly near Shaker Square
D. Johnny's Bar on Fulton (there is also a Johnny's downtown...Warehouse district)
E. The Harbor Inn The most Iconic Cleveland "pub". In The Flats, west side. You get everyone from dock workers to lawyers in there and everything in between.
F. Heck's Cafe, Ohio City.
H. If by any chance you are staying down near Medina, The Timber Lodge is the best restaurant near there.
And if you are going to be in the Akron area, check in with me there.
G. The Hofbrau Haus, on Chester, for German
H. Corky and Lenny's East Side, on Chagrin Blvd. Jewish deli.
I. Any one of several Italian restaurants in Little Italy, Mayfield Rd. East side.
J. The Flat Iron Cafe, in the Flats. Frequented by Browns Board tailgators at times.
Hello
Wow that's some list lol
We staying in old Brooklyn area
For three nights Saturday Sunday and Monday and driving back to Toronto for flight home to UK Tuesday
-
How long are you going to be in Cleveland, and where are you staying?
Here are a few suggestions about local Cleveland eateries, etc. that you could try to patronize when you are here:
A. Go to the Westside Market. Numerous food booths with all kinds of variety and mostly all good stuff.
B. Hot Sauce Williams (I believe it may be on Carnegie)....if you want some true American Soul food or Barbecue
C. The Academy Tavern, on the East Side, East Woodland I believe, fairly near Shaker Square
D. Johnny's Bar on Fulton (there is also a Johnny's downtown...Warehouse district)
E. The Harbor Inn The most Iconic Cleveland "pub". In The Flats, west side. You get everyone from dock workers to lawyers in there and everything in between.
F. Heck's Cafe, Ohio City.
H. If by any chance you are staying down near Medina, The Timber Lodge is the best restaurant near there.
And if you are going to be in the Akron area, check in with me there.
G. The Hofbrau Haus, on Chester, for German
H. Corky and Lenny's East Side, on Chagrin Blvd. Jewish deli.
I. Any one of several Italian restaurants in Little Italy, Mayfield Rd. East side.
J. The Flat Iron Cafe, in the Flats. Frequented by Browns Board tailgators at times.
Hello
Wow that's some list lol
We staying in old Brooklyn area
For three nights Saturday Sunday and Monday and driving back to Toronto for flight home to UK Tuesday
Hello
Wow that's some list lol
We staying in old Brooklyn area
For three nights Saturday Sunday and Monday and driving back to Toronto for flight home to UK Tuesday
Well, you will have a car, so you can get to any of these. Bon chance!
-
Hello
Wow that's some list lol
We staying in old Brooklyn area
For three nights Saturday Sunday and Monday and driving back to Toronto for flight home to UK Tuesday
Well, you will have a car, so you can get to any of these. Bon chance!
Well, you will have a car, so you can get to any of these. Bon chance!
Yeah that's excellent thank you for taking the time to put this list together
We will definitely try a couple of them I'm sure
-
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
That's a pretty fair drive from Toronto to Cleveland. Google says 5 hours.
-
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
That's a pretty fair drive from Toronto to Cleveland. Google says 5 hours.
-
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
Right there another OHIO based restaurant chain closes for good. When I started at YSU in 1968 it was the only fast food restaurant there, always liked their food.
But I would try and stick with the remaining and established ma' & pa' restaurants in particular the good hunkie and Italian restaurants, some fine pizza and other specialties here.

-
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
-
Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.
Right there another OHIO based restaurant chain closes for good. When I started at YSU in 1968 it was the only fast food restaurant there, always liked their food.
But I would try and stick with the remaining and established ma' & pa' restaurants in particular the good hunkie and Italian restaurants, some fine pizza and other specialties here.

-
-
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
Hey it will be somewhat different NO LeBron, two new coaches, but the Indians still hanging in......and plenty of eating and drinking spots.
-
-
Ours (Dayton) was torn down- and there's a car wash in it's place now.
The one in Ravenna was turned into the truck sales office for the Dodge dealership across the street.
Another one in Stow was an auto parts store on Rt 59, I think it might have been torn down recently.
From what I was told, Red Barns sold alcohol?
-
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans
Downtown Cleveland kind of sucks I'm sorry to say. It's just a hop skip and jump to more happening areas though,Ohio city and lakewood to the west, university circle / Coventry / little Italy to the east, and Tremont to the South are all within a few miles and all more happening than downtown, which is mostly a ghost town after a certain time.
-
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans
Downtown Cleveland kind of sucks I'm sorry to say. It's just a hop skip and jump to more happening areas though,Ohio city and lakewood to the west, university circle / Coventry / little Italy to the east, and Tremont to the South are all within a few miles and all more happening than downtown, which is mostly a ghost town after a certain time.
Downtown Cleveland kind of sucks I'm sorry to say. It's just a hop skip and jump to more happening areas though,Ohio city and lakewood to the west, university circle / Coventry / little Italy to the east, and Tremont to the South are all within a few miles and all more happening than downtown, which is mostly a ghost town after a certain time.
It might’ve been that way in the 1970s when I went to law school there but it’s not that way now. The warehouse District E. 4th St. all those places are hopping at night
-
I don't think the east side of Cleveland gets enough run.
For my money, a brisk fall night in the E.99th section of town this time of year is lovely.
-
Ours (Dayton) was torn down- and there's a car wash in it's place now.
The one in Ravenna was turned into the truck sales office for the Dodge dealership across the street.
Another one in Stow was an auto parts store on Rt 59, I think it might have been torn down recently.
From what I was told, Red Barns sold alcohol?
The one in Ravenna was turned into the truck sales office for the Dodge dealership across the street.
Another one in Stow was an auto parts store on Rt 59, I think it might have been torn down recently.
From what I was told, Red Barns sold alcohol?
Maybe some very local zoning thing? Never heard of that.
-
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
Lol all tastes better after a few beers
I'm looking forward to first visit
I'm sure like you I would go again soon as possible
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
