Skip to content

Hue fired

The Browns Board
178 45 6.1k 1
  • @baconhound said:

    No established coach worth anything is coming to the Browns as no coach has.  The Browns are getting coordinators that were the flavor of the week and convinced the horrible Browns front office that they were the savior.  And where, after the Browns snag all these “hot” commodities, do these coaches end up winning after they leave the Browns?

    Tge Browns will hire another guy looking to earn his stripes and save the team.  This story will play out the same way until the team actually sees a whiff of success

    What "established coach" would you like them to hire?  What established coaches leave their current job to go to a different job.

    If you're talking about college, Butch Davis was not only established, he was the hot coach in the country at that time and came here and had success.

    @mark-o said:

    What "established coach" would you like them to hire?  What established coaches leave their current job to go to a different job.

    If you're talking about college, Butch Davis was not only established, he was the hot coach in the country at that time and came here and had success.

    I’d say Harbaugh is the best established HC prospect 

  • @mark-o said:

    What "established coach" would you like them to hire?  What established coaches leave their current job to go to a different job.

    If you're talking about college, Butch Davis was not only established, he was the hot coach in the country at that time and came here and had success.

    I’d say Harbaugh is the best established HC prospect 

    @baconhound said:

    I’d say Harbaugh is the best established HC prospect 

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

  • Still throwing Haley under the bus and neither of them have a job here anymore.

    @mark-o said:

    Still throwing Haley under the bus and neither of them have a job here anymore.

     
    Yeah, we know this act Mark- it's everyone else's fault- from that Twitter feed. "I could have done better if I had been allowed to run my offense this year. I didn't have the players to run my offense the previous years." Well Hue, ever think about adapting your offense to the talent on hand?  
  • @baconhound said:

    I’d say Harbaugh is the best established HC prospect 

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    @mark-o said:

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

  • @baconhound said:

    I’d say Harbaugh is the best established HC prospect 

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    @mark-o said:

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys

    Concerning Harbaugh, it has less to do with the fact that he's a "college guy" and more to do with the fact that Jim Harbaugh is well-known as being a world class douchebag. 

    It's known that the 49ers actively shopped Harbaugh to get rid of him, he had burned every bridge there, but apparently there weren't many people at Stanford that were sorry to see him go either. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    @baconhound said:

    Jim Bob Cooter 

    I want to be at the press conference when an owner introduces Jim Bob Cooter as the next head coach of their billion dollar NFL franchise...

    Jim.

    Bob. 

    Cooter. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    @baconhound said:

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.    Jim Bob Cooter would be hard for me to be excited about but sure....why not.

  • @baconhound said:

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.    Jim Bob Cooter would be hard for me to be excited about but sure....why not.

    @mark-o said:

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.    Jim Bob Cooter would be hard for me to be excited about but sure....why not.

    God bless ya man.  I’ve had my favorite teams have some lean years.  The Sooners, Celtics, Bruins all have had stinkers but the difference with the Browns isn’t the downs but the lack of mediocrity.   The Browns have been over .500 once in 15 years.  The Lions for contrast have done it 4 times and they are considered the worst NFL franchise.

  • @mark-o said:

    Had success but certainly wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF.   I think that's a trend with the college guys, seemed to happen with Butch as well. 4 or so years and they're moving on somewhere else.    He would be interesting to say the least if he came here.  I wouldn't hate it because of his good record in SF.   If we are talking college guys, I think I prefer David Shaw to Harbaugh at this point though.

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    @baconhound said:

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    And you think Williams will be incapable of doing that?  He's 180 degrees different than Hue. Just watch any of his press conferences. 

  • @baconhound said:

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    And you think Williams will be incapable of doing that?  He's 180 degrees different than Hue. Just watch any of his press conferences. 

    @hoorta said:

    And you think Williams will be incapable of doing that?  He's 180 degrees different than Hue. Just watch any of his press conferences. 

    No I don’t.  I’m in the minority here since I believe talent is 80% of winning and coaching is 20%.  This team doesn’t have enough talent to beat good teams week in and week out.  The question will remain can they draft well enough to build a winning franchise 

  • @baconhound said:

    My bet would be Jim Bob Cooter or Dan Campbell, we’ll be told they are turning the culture around and.....

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.    Jim Bob Cooter would be hard for me to be excited about but sure....why not.

    @mark-o said:

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.   

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

  • @mark-o said:

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.   

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

    @texasag1969 said:

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

    No I didn't...   and i don't really care either. 

  • For those that wanted to hear his closing remarks on first take.

    He asserts that he hired Gregg Williams and Todd Haley and they weren't forced upon him.

  • @hoorta said:

    Delusional.. more like probably way overdue....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983358/article/hue-jackson-browns-decision-to-fire-me-premature

    If only he would've had say, 40 games to prove himself........ 

  • @mark-o said:

    I wouldn't hate Dan Campbell either.   But then I try to remain optimistic about things.   

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

    @texasag1969 said:

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

    Cross him off the list nowCross him off the list now

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You know he's an Aggie, right??

    Cross him off the list nowCross him off the list now

    @the-gipper said:

    Cross him off the list nowCross him off the list now

    Or pull Aggie Gary Kubiak out of retirement.

  • @hoorta said:

    Delusional.. more like probably way overdue....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983358/article/hue-jackson-browns-decision-to-fire-me-premature

    The oddest thing hue said on first take was that he was basically the CEO of the Browns during his tenure.

  • @hoorta said:

    Delusional.. more like probably way overdue....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983358/article/hue-jackson-browns-decision-to-fire-me-premature

    The oddest thing hue said on first take was that he was basically the CEO of the Browns during his tenure.

    @stillmotion said:

    The oddest thing hue said on first take was that he was basically the CEO of the Browns during his tenure.

    Which then goes against his claims that he wanted to draft all these other QB's and wasn't allowed to.  What CEO of any company isn't the one with the final say on important matters? 

  • @stillmotion said:

    The oddest thing hue said on first take was that he was basically the CEO of the Browns during his tenure.

    Which then goes against his claims that he wanted to draft all these other QB's and wasn't allowed to.  What CEO of any company isn't the one with the final say on important matters? 

    @mark-o said:

    Which then goes against his claims that he wanted to draft all these other QB's and wasn't allowed to.  What CEO of any company isn't the one with the final say on important matters? 

    It does, he often contradicts himself. Stephen A asks him if he really Hired Haley and Williams, and then he put on a confused look and guaranteed it was all him.

    I'm wondering how much control Jimmy really gave him. I knew it would be hard for Haley and Williams to do Hue's biddings if they didn't respect him as a HC. Basically Hue insisted the lack of practicing for some players and the lenience of practice was because they didn't have any injuries during practice, and he wanted to keep it that way. Todd thought they were being pussies and he was probably right. Greg probably agreed, and Hue probably said this is my team, i'm the captain, ect.

    It's easy to see how this could develop into a toxic work environment. Especially since Hue made Haley approve plays with him, and often plays Hue would want to run probably contradict what Todd wants to do. I could see Todd ignoring Hue's suggestion because he's trying to win, and more fighting occurring.

    That being said, i'm happy about the new direction we're headed to.

    Hopefully Jimmy doesn't make the new coach and GM both report to him separately again, because since Farmer, there's obviously a massive issue in that.