Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
119 44 3.8k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    And tell me how or when I remotely said he would? I swear to God, some of you mofos just love posting dramatic crap because you love how panties feel bunched up in your butt.

    Yes wise guy I understand he wouldn't take an OC job. I was simply stating that ideally I'd want to see Riley succeed offensively in the NFL like McVay did before taking the plunge. We've seen too many wonder coaches from the NCAA ranks (Chip Kelly anyone?) fall flat on their faces. I don't think the Browns can afford to take that risk.

    ummm...so whats the point of posting that then? Since there is no chance in hell he would ever go that path now....at least you should have phrased it "I WOULD HAVE wanted....."

    @tacosman said:

    ummm...so whats the point of posting that then? Since there is no chance in hell he would ever go that path now....at least you should have phrased it "I WOULD HAVE wanted....."

    My exact quote is " I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation. " Perhaps you never learned about contractions in school, but "I'd" in that sentence means "I would". Grammar is fun!

    The point is provide a counterargument to a popular opinion on a head coach as conversation on a football forum. Hey bud, nice try though.

  • Isn’t he teamed up with Pet there?

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Isn’t he teamed up with Pet there?

    Pet is in Green Bay isnt he ?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Isn’t he teamed up with Pet there?

    Pet is in Green Bay isnt he ?

    @darren15 said:

    Pet is in Green Bay isnt he ?

    yes!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Isn’t he teamed up with Pet there?

    Pet is in Green Bay isnt he ?

    @darren15 said:

    Pet is in Green Bay isnt he ?

    Ok, I knew he was NFCN 

  • I also liked him while he was here, our offense outperformed it's talent and I hoped he'd be retained after Haslam bought the franchise.

  • Here we go..... 

  • David Shaw from Stanford is another name to watch.

    @mark-o said:

    David Shaw from Stanford is another name to watch.

    I wouldn't be mad at this.

  • Why would you trade for someone you can talk to at the end of the season for free .... I would want to have someone who wanted to be here not made to be here via a trade

    Florio says not to discount the possibility that the Browns could trade for their next head coach. Who is the favorite? Mike says Josh McDaniels.

  • Why would you trade for someone you can talk to at the end of the season for free .... I would want to have someone who wanted to be here not made to be here via a trade

    Florio says not to discount the possibility that the Browns could trade for their next head coach. Who is the favorite? Mike says Josh McDaniels.

    @darren15 said:

    Why would you trade for someone you can talk to at the end of the season for free .... I would want to have someone who wanted to be here not made to be here via a trade

    Florio says not to discount the possibility that the Browns could trade for their next head coach. Who is the favorite? Mike says Josh McDaniels.

    McDaniels is the HC in waiting of the Patriots.   When BB and TB are done, he takes over. He is only just now 42. 

  • @darren15 said:

    Why would you trade for someone you can talk to at the end of the season for free .... I would want to have someone who wanted to be here not made to be here via a trade

    Florio says not to discount the possibility that the Browns could trade for their next head coach. Who is the favorite? Mike says Josh McDaniels.

    McDaniels is the HC in waiting of the Patriots.   When BB and TB are done, he takes over. He is only just now 42. 

    @the-gipper said:

    McDaniels is the HC in waiting of the Patriots.   When BB and TB are done, he takes over. He is only just now 42. 

    I agree.  I really don't see him leaving New England.  I would also think that teams will be a bit gun shy with him after last year.

  • @the-gipper said:

    McDaniels is the HC in waiting of the Patriots.   When BB and TB are done, he takes over. He is only just now 42. 

    I agree.  I really don't see him leaving New England.  I would also think that teams will be a bit gun shy with him after last year.

    @mark-o said:

    I agree.  I really don't see him leaving New England.  I would also think that teams will be a bit gun shy with him after last year.

    I certainly would be VERY gun shy regarding Josh. As far as his staying in New England? Not so sure about that given Brady's age & a lack of a successor to him.

    Mike

  • You would think if the local boy Josh McDaniels was ever interested in being the HC of the Browns, he would have spoken up the three times the job was available in the last five+ years. 

  • You would think if the local boy Josh McDaniels was ever interested in being the HC of the Browns, he would have spoken up the three times the job was available in the last five+ years. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You would think if the local boy Josh McDaniels was ever interested in being the HC of the Browns, he would have spoken up the three times the job was available in the last five+ years. 

    Yep...I don't think he's going anywhere.   One NFL insider on the radio said DiFillipo is definitely going to get a look at the end of the season.

  • Another name has popped up on the radio this morning ....ex Jags coach Jack Del Rio was mentioned on CBS Sports Radio as a friend of Dorsey .... retread ....no thanks

  • I'd rather get Dave Toub here as the ST coach. Double his pay and get it done. We suck at STs.

  • You would think if the local boy Josh McDaniels was ever interested in being the HC of the Browns, he would have spoken up the three times the job was available in the last five+ years. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You would think if the local boy Josh McDaniels was ever interested in being the HC of the Browns, he would have spoken up the three times the job was available in the last five+ years. 

    From memory..... 

    2009- Interviewed and wanted the job, was top choice of Scott Pioli who wanted the GM job. Could have been a package deal except both told Lerner the team needed rebuilt from scratch. 

    2nd time- Declined interview

    3rd time- Declined interview

    4th time- Accepted interview and was willing to take the job but we picked someone else yet again.

    Hard to say what he would do now but if he could be had I would pounce in a heartbeat. Keep in mind Mayfield was he and BB's pick to groom to replace TB and start the McDaniels era... 

  • There is no way I'm the only rooter for Jim Bob Cooter.