Candidates
-
NO.
My guess is continuity.
Al Saunders. Interim Head Coach. That's what I would do.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/al-saunders
Al Saunders’ Coaching Background:
1970-71 University of Southern California, graduate assistant
1972 University of Missouri, wide receivers coach
1973-75 Utah State University, offensive backfield coach
1976-81 University of California, assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1982 University of Tennessee, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1983-84 San Diego Chargers, receivers coach
1985-86 San Diego Chargers, assistant head coach/ receivers
1986-88 San Diego Chargers, head coach
1989-98 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/wide receivers
1999-00 St. Louis Rams, associate head coach/wide receivers
2001-05 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator
2006-07 Washington Redskins, associate head coach/offense
2008 St. Louis Rams, offensive coordinator
2009-10 Baltimore Ravens, senior offensive assistant
2011 Oakland Raiders, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
2012-14 Oakland Raiders, senior offensive assistant
2015 Miami Dolphins, senior offensive assistant
2016- Cleveland Browns, senior offensive assistantNO.
My guess is continuity.
Al Saunders. That's what I would do.
Saunders for the rest of the year. He's not the long term option which is why he's perfect to finish off the season. He knows he isn't the long term coach but the team will keep him on somewhere in the organization and he can help find the new coach. Haley and Williams are coaching for their future jobs for the rest of the season and neither might be able to save themselves depending on who the new coach is.
-
NO.
My guess is continuity.
Al Saunders. Interim Head Coach. That's what I would do.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/al-saunders
Al Saunders’ Coaching Background:
1970-71 University of Southern California, graduate assistant
1972 University of Missouri, wide receivers coach
1973-75 Utah State University, offensive backfield coach
1976-81 University of California, assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1982 University of Tennessee, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1983-84 San Diego Chargers, receivers coach
1985-86 San Diego Chargers, assistant head coach/ receivers
1986-88 San Diego Chargers, head coach
1989-98 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/wide receivers
1999-00 St. Louis Rams, associate head coach/wide receivers
2001-05 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator
2006-07 Washington Redskins, associate head coach/offense
2008 St. Louis Rams, offensive coordinator
2009-10 Baltimore Ravens, senior offensive assistant
2011 Oakland Raiders, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
2012-14 Oakland Raiders, senior offensive assistant
2015 Miami Dolphins, senior offensive assistant
2016- Cleveland Browns, senior offensive assistantNO.
My guess is continuity.
Al Saunders. Interim Head Coach. That's what I would do.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/al-saunders
Al Saunders’ Coaching Background:
1970-71 University of Southern California, graduate assistant
1972 University of Missouri, wide receivers coach
1973-75 Utah State University, offensive backfield coach
1976-81 University of California, assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1982 University of Tennessee, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
1983-84 San Diego Chargers, receivers coach
1985-86 San Diego Chargers, assistant head coach/ receivers
1986-88 San Diego Chargers, head coach
1989-98 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/wide receivers
1999-00 St. Louis Rams, associate head coach/wide receivers
2001-05 Kansas City Chiefs, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator
2006-07 Washington Redskins, associate head coach/offense
2008 St. Louis Rams, offensive coordinator
2009-10 Baltimore Ravens, senior offensive assistant
2011 Oakland Raiders, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
2012-14 Oakland Raiders, senior offensive assistant
2015 Miami Dolphins, senior offensive assistant
2016- Cleveland Browns, senior offensive assistantSaunders is the interim HC. That has been announced. We are talking about who will take over for next year and beyond. Sauders will NOT be that guy.
-
-
-
They will probably look for the next Sean McVay.
and look for Woody...or others to say Jim Harbaugh.
But they are saying "no retreads" on radio. But I don't know.
No retreads. God no... find the new young hungry coach. Jim Harbaugh should stay in ichigan. I dont' want him in Cleveland.
-
-
I’m all for Lincoln Riley. He’s my number one with a bullet.
Other college coaches I’d consider: Matt Campbell, David Shaw, James Franklin. Maybe Chris Petersen, but coaching under Haslam could push him off the wagon.
I would be bummed if it’s anyone but Riley though.
-
Jim Harbaugh’s name just popped up.... as a low radar thing. But still...
-
This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape”
-
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
-
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild. If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.
As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level. I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing. They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.
-
This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape”
This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape”
?
-
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild. If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.
As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level. I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing. They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.
Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild. If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.
As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level. I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing. They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.
Harbaugh was probably the one that came to mind in terms of having success, and Pete Carroll is another one, right? And I guess it's true that it doesn't have to be a total rebuild, I think I just have "rebuild PTSD" and just assumed that we'd blow it all up, LOL.
They say the NFL is a copycat league. Well, if that's the case, I want to copy any and everything the Rams did because they are so fun to watch and quite a handful to stop.
-
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look. I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.
What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator. Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme? Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on? Do we even WANT him to stay on?
Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work. I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before. What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood. I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up. Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.
It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team. Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role? If they have an OC, grab him for an interview. Same with Bienemy. We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.
Defensive scheme is a bit of an outdated concept. Teams play their “base defense” a very small % of the time these days. A new DC doesn’t mean an entire new group of players to fit a scheme.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login