Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
119 44 3.8k
  • Enough with the hazbeens / neverwazzes.....  Hire the young unknown RIGHT guy.  

  • I’m all for Lincoln Riley. He’s my number one with a bullet.

    Other college coaches I’d consider: Matt Campbell, David Shaw, James Franklin. Maybe Chris Petersen, but coaching under Haslam could push him off the wagon.

    I would be bummed if it’s anyone but Riley though.

  • Jim Harbaugh’s name just popped up.... as a low radar thing. But still...

  • David Shaw from Stanford is another name to watch.

  • This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape” 

  • Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

  • Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild.   If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.

    As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level.    I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing.  They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.

  • Bring back Mike Holmgren?

  • This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape” 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    This gives Dorsey a head start and plenty of time to hand pick his coaching staff. And listening to some of the local feedback, it’s possible that the haslams have finally seen the light and are going to let the coaches be picked by his GM. I hadn’t considered Saunders as interim coach before but I like it. Knows the game and what he’s doing. Can see crap without checking the “tape” 

    ? 

  • Just want 1 with LEADERSHIP abilities. Don't care if it's Lincoln,Beeniemy,Harbaugh,etc. Keep it on a professional level. Hue blurred that line. More of a players friend than a HC.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild.   If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.

    As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level.    I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing.  They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.

    @mark-o said:

    Again...new coach doesn't mean rebuild.   If they hire the right coach, he should be finding the coordinators to work with the talent the team already has and then adding to that talent and coaching to the strengths of the players he has.

    As much as I don't want Harbaugh as the HC, he came in and won quite a bit as HC of the Niners so I'm not afraid of a hot young college coach who is hungry to win at the next level.    I think the 2 names mentioned from the Rams are offensive assistants on his staff but McVeigh calls the plays and runs the offense but taking a look at guys who have been on that staff and in that environment would be a good choice since they did exactly what the Browns should be doing.  They basically took the same team that won 4 games and turned it into a playoff team without a lot of changes.

    Harbaugh was probably the one that came to mind in terms of having success, and Pete Carroll is another one, right?  And I guess it's true that it doesn't have to be a total rebuild, I think I just have "rebuild PTSD" and just assumed that we'd blow it all up, LOL.  

    They say the NFL is a copycat league.  Well, if that's the case, I want to copy any and everything the Rams did because they are so fun to watch and quite a handful to stop.  

  • Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    Defensive scheme is a bit of an outdated concept. Teams play their “base defense” a very small % of the time these days. A new DC doesn’t mean an entire new group of players to fit a scheme. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy is an interesting choice, and if he's the OC for Kansas City, that's good enough for me to take a look.  I've also heard Mularcky, Flip, and basically the other names you guys mentioned.  

    What terrifies me is also needing another defensive coordinator.  Does that mean we have to draft different personnel to fit an entirely new scheme?  Is there any chance Gregg Williams stays on?  Do we even WANT him to stay on?  

    Ugh...I really wanted Hue Jackson and company to work.  I simply can't stand the coaching search and subsequent roster shifting debacle that we've all seen so many times before.  What makes me optimistic is I feel like our GM is a solid talent evaluator, we have several young studs on both side of the ball, and we're going to have a relatively high draft pick in all likelihood.  I don't THINK I want Lincoln Riley, as I struggle to think of a time a college coach came into the pros and just lit it up.  Seems like more often that not the hot college coach of the year will try the pros, get their azzes whipped, and then go scurrying back to a better college job.  

    It's an offensive league now, and that's what I want leading our team.  Do the Rams have an OC, or does the head coach perform that role?  If they have an OC, grab him for an interview.  Same with Bienemy.  We spent the #1 overall pick on a QB, and I want an offensive mind that can take advantage of what Baker has to offer because I really think he has a chance to be special.    

    Defensive scheme is a bit of an outdated concept. Teams play their “base defense” a very small % of the time these days. A new DC doesn’t mean an entire new group of players to fit a scheme. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Defensive scheme is a bit of an outdated concept. Teams play their “base defense” a very small % of the time these days. A new DC doesn’t mean an entire new group of players to fit a scheme. 

    Sounds good to me!  Like I said, I think I had a bit of "Rebuild PTSD" going on, and I'm remembering the years of switching from 3-4 to 4-3 and vice versa.  Remember that?  Taking edge rushers and making them linebackers and all kinds of crazy crap, LOL.  Ugh...it was the worst.  But I think you and Mark are correct.  It doesn't have to be a total blowup.  I actually think our defensive roster is somewhat decent compared to our offensive side of the ball.  On offense we need RT, WR x 2, and probably LT.  I'm hesitant to give up on Dez because of his youth, but I don't like the fact he seems to be getting worse each game instead of better.  

  • Bernie Kosar as head coach 

    Promote Josh Cribbs from Special Teams assistant to Special Teams coordinator

    Lincoln Riley would be good too but he has already said he is not interested in jumping to the NFL yet

  • tony dungy and dan campbell two possible canidates not sure id want go the college route.

  • Mike McCarthy? Ties to John Dorsey.. 1 year deal with GB. Per rappaport

  • Mike McCarthy? Ties to John Dorsey.. 1 year deal with GB. Per rappaport

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Mike McCarthy? Ties to John Dorsey.. 1 year deal with GB. Per rappaport

    Hell no

  • Bernie Kosar as head coach 

    Promote Josh Cribbs from Special Teams assistant to Special Teams coordinator

    Lincoln Riley would be good too but he has already said he is not interested in jumping to the NFL yet

    @browns1216 said:

    Promote Josh Cribbs from Special Teams assistant to Special Teams coordinator

    We would all be cool with that, but the special teams has improved. And a lot of those guys are really young and need lots of those ST reps to improve, as they are.

    Joseph has a LEG, just needs to become more of a deadeye.

  • tony dungy and dan campbell two possible canidates not sure id want go the college route.

    @beare said:

    tony dungy and dan campbell two possible canidates not sure id want go the college route.

    Tony Dungy...no thanks.   Retread city.

    Campbell is another interesting choice.