Skip to content

Al Saunders NOT named interim

The Browns Board
50 23 1.5k
  • Nice to see we have gone for a young up and coming candidate

    @darren15 said:

    Nice to see we have gone for a young up and coming candidate

  • ESPN Cleveland Radio is funny ....... playing songs about leaving etc

  • I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

  • I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

  • Hopefully...Jimmah went to dorseys office...told him that uou make all decisions.  Do what you want...ill write checks...you make decisions.

    @kvoethe said:

    Hopefully...Jimmah went to dorseys office...told him that uou make all decisions.  Do what you want...ill write checks...you make decisions.

    ill remind u of this post in a year or two when dorsey gets fired and we learn ofvthe stupid sht he pulled behind the scenes

  • @jcam222 said:

    I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

    @mark-o said:

    IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

    Nailed. It.

  • They need next season find a upcoming coach who isnt a retread

  • @jcam222 said:

    I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

    @mark-o said:

    IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

    Right.  God knows how many times a coach has been fired and the new guy got a team to play much much better.   See even the Browns when Marty took over for Sam.

  • Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

    Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

  • They need next season find a upcoming coach who isnt a retread

    @beare said:

    They need next season find a upcoming coach who isnt a retread

    Yea, you know, like Bill Belichick.

    A "retread" would not bother me.....if it is the right guy.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Hopefully...Jimmah went to dorseys office...told him that uou make all decisions.  Do what you want...ill write checks...you make decisions.

    ill remind u of this post in a year or two when dorsey gets fired and we learn ofvthe stupid sht he pulled behind the scenes

    @clevfan4life said:

    ill remind u of this post in a year or two when dorsey gets fired and we learn ofvthe stupid sht he pulled behind the scenes

    Okay- honest question.  What do you want to happen?  All I see is you calling people wrong or the Browns awful lately.  (Like, a weird amount) Curious as to what you’d like to go down.

  • I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

    The Rams hired their rookie Head Coach after their #1 overall bust at QB struggled his 1st year, and that seemed to work out just fine.

    The Browns have to hire the right guy.... not the most well known guy.... the right guy. 

  • Quote from Hue Jackson.........."Not sure if I've really been fired, I'll have to go look at the tape."    LOL

  • Good choice.

  • Totally fine with it. I really am curious to see what Haley and Williams do without the cloud of Hue over their heads. Saunders has been around the league forever and I'm not worried he can control the guys in the locker room. 

  • Totally fine with it. I really am curious to see what Haley and Williams do without the cloud of Hue over their heads. Saunders has been around the league forever and I'm not worried he can control the guys in the locker room. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Totally fine with it. I really am curious to see what Haley and Williams do without the cloud of Hue over their heads. Saunders has been around the league forever and I'm not worried he can control the guys in the locker room. 

    Probably the right coach to guide the ship for the balance of the season, but his name will be included with Haley and Williams on Black Monday when the Browns clean house. 

  • I dont understand why they didn't give Haley a chance. He has proven he can run a top tier offense and were going to let that go for a question mark next season? Dumb

  • I dont understand why they didn't give Haley a chance. He has proven he can run a top tier offense and were going to let that go for a question mark next season? Dumb

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I dont understand why they didn't give Haley a chance. He has proven he can run a top tier offense and were going to let that go for a question mark next season? Dumb

    He’s made many questionable calls this year in crucial game situations(end arounds, double screens) that have HURT this teams chances of winning 

  • I really liked our DC. I hope the new coach keeps Greg but I am sure that is not going to happen.

  • Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

    Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

    @mark-o said:

    Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

    Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

    Hue wasn’t cut out for the job.

    I don’t know much about Sanders besides it sounding like a familiar name.

    All I really know he’s an older head who coached in the 80s, maybe exactly what this young team needs.