Skip to content

Aaron Hernandez - Gladiator podcast

The Browns Board
17 6 419 1
  • Been a really good listen so far if anyone likes this kind of stuff, I'm four episodes in. It's from the Boston Globe Spotlight team that exposed the Church.

    The Patriots and Belichik have a lot of questions to answer.

    https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

  • Funny you should mention this....listened to part 4 about an hour ago. Im pretty new to nfl so didn't really know this guys story. Crazy stuff and more wasted talent and wasted lives unfortunately.

  • Funny you should mention this....listened to part 4 about an hour ago. Im pretty new to nfl so didn't really know this guys story. Crazy stuff and more wasted talent and wasted lives unfortunately.

    @claretbrown said:

    Funny you should mention this....listened to part 4 about an hour ago. Im pretty new to nfl so didn't really know this guys story. Crazy stuff and more wasted talent and wasted lives unfortunately.

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

  • @claretbrown said:

    Funny you should mention this....listened to part 4 about an hour ago. Im pretty new to nfl so didn't really know this guys story. Crazy stuff and more wasted talent and wasted lives unfortunately.

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    Some people think CTE and related matters are a joke or not serious they're not. Problem is now the only sure fire way to prove it is during an autopsy. Was A. Hernandez a bad guy to begin with, maybe, probably. A murderer, who knows for sure.

    Read up on others like Iron Mike Webster his family was deathly afraid of him. Junior Seau put a gun up to his chest to kill himself to save his brain for study. Normal behaviour? NO.

    This story will get worse, the NFL is aware of this hence all of the new rules and other precautions.

    Oh OJ Simpson was an azzhole. 😆

  • Been a really good listen so far if anyone likes this kind of stuff, I'm four episodes in. It's from the Boston Globe Spotlight team that exposed the Church.

    The Patriots and Belichik have a lot of questions to answer.

    https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

    @londonbrown said:

    Been a really good listen so far if anyone likes this kind of stuff, I'm four episodes in. It's from the Boston Globe Spotlight team that exposed the Church.

    The Patriots and Belichik have a lot of questions to answer.

    https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

    ... Meyer's hands aren't clean either

  • @londonbrown said:

    Been a really good listen so far if anyone likes this kind of stuff, I'm four episodes in. It's from the Boston Globe Spotlight team that exposed the Church.

    The Patriots and Belichik have a lot of questions to answer.

    https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

    ... Meyer's hands aren't clean either

    @mld-woody said:

    ... Meyer's hands aren't clean either

    Forgot that, definitely not. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    Some people think CTE and related matters are a joke or not serious they're not. Problem is now the only sure fire way to prove it is during an autopsy. Was A. Hernandez a bad guy to begin with, maybe, probably. A murderer, who knows for sure.

    Read up on others like Iron Mike Webster his family was deathly afraid of him. Junior Seau put a gun up to his chest to kill himself to save his brain for study. Normal behaviour? NO.

    This story will get worse, the NFL is aware of this hence all of the new rules and other precautions.

    Oh OJ Simpson was an azzhole. 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Some people think CTE and related matters are a joke or not serious they're not. Problem is now the only sure fire way to prove it is during an autopsy. Was A. Hernandez a bad guy to begin with, maybe, probably. A murderer, who knows for sure.

    Read up on others like Iron Mike Webster his family was deathly aftraid of him. Junior Seau put a gun up to his chest to kill himself to save his brain for study. Normal behaviour? NO.

    This story will get worse, the NFL is aware of this hence all of the new rules and other precautions.

    Oh OJ Simpson was an azzhole. 😆

    I really do not want to hear any CTE excuses for a guy who may have been a serial killer.  There certainly may be mental health issues associated with some people who kill.  But Hernandez did his killing in furtherance of self protection so that his gang involvement would not be revealed.  It was done with clear mind, clear thought, and malicious intent. 

  • Late reports saying Hernandez was a victim of some kind of sexual abuse growing up. And had a relationship with a player at Florida I believe. Just a really messed up story.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Been a really good listen so far if anyone likes this kind of stuff, I'm four episodes in. It's from the Boston Globe Spotlight team that exposed the Church.

    The Patriots and Belichik have a lot of questions to answer.

    https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

    ... Meyer's hands aren't clean either

    @mld-woody said:

    ... Meyer's hands aren't clean either

    Neither are yours.....it is dickless, feckless people like you who enable murderers. You are almost Trumpian.

  • @claretbrown said:

    Funny you should mention this....listened to part 4 about an hour ago. Im pretty new to nfl so didn't really know this guys story. Crazy stuff and more wasted talent and wasted lives unfortunately.

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    I don't doubt for one minute that they are all murdering bastards. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Some people think CTE and related matters are a joke or not serious they're not. Problem is now the only sure fire way to prove it is during an autopsy. Was A. Hernandez a bad guy to begin with, maybe, probably. A murderer, who knows for sure.

    Read up on others like Iron Mike Webster his family was deathly aftraid of him. Junior Seau put a gun up to his chest to kill himself to save his brain for study. Normal behaviour? NO.

    This story will get worse, the NFL is aware of this hence all of the new rules and other precautions.

    Oh OJ Simpson was an azzhole. 😆

    I really do not want to hear any CTE excuses for a guy who may have been a serial killer.  There certainly may be mental health issues associated with some people who kill.  But Hernandez did his killing in furtherance of self protection so that his gang involvement would not be revealed.  It was done with clear mind, clear thought, and malicious intent. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I really do not want to hear any CTE excuses for a guy who may have been a serial killer.  There certainly may be mental health issues associated with some people who kill.  But Hernandez did his killing in furtherance of self protection so that his gang involvement would not be revealed.  It was done with clear mind, clear thought, and malicious intent. 

    Quite possible but that -MAY- word is the tough one. He was a jerk at UM from what I've heard and read, isn't that hearsay? 

    The world has plenty of kooks, I'm sure Gip you've run across plenty of them.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You mean the murdering bastard Aaron Hernandez? 

    Can I assume that you have heard of another former NFL player turned murdering bastard by the name of OJ Simpson? (I will assume you have heard of that one)

    And look up the murdering bastard by the name of Rae Carruth.  They just let him out of prison.....30 years too soon in my opinion.

    And another guy who later had everyone all on his side, and even made the HOF....is a guy named Ray Lewis.  He got off because supposedly he was just tangential to the case......but in my opinion....he was at least in charge of his posse that killed two people, may have even directed them to do so (or at least to go and engage in violence toward them).

    I don't doubt for one minute that they are all murdering bastards. 

    @claretbrown said:

    I don't doubt for one minute that they are all murdering bastards. 

    Not all who?  NFL players? Of course, by no means.

    But Hernandez was.    And Carruth was.  And OJ likely was (98% of America believes he was), and Ray Lewis....yes, there is more doubt, but he was on the scene of a double homicide...and it was his "boys"  that performed those murders. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I really do not want to hear any CTE excuses for a guy who may have been a serial killer.  There certainly may be mental health issues associated with some people who kill.  But Hernandez did his killing in furtherance of self protection so that his gang involvement would not be revealed.  It was done with clear mind, clear thought, and malicious intent. 

    Quite possible but that -MAY- word is the tough one. He was a jerk at UM from what I've heard and read, isn't that hearsay? 

    The world has plenty of kooks, I'm sure Gip you've run across plenty of them.

    @mjp28 said:

    Quite possible but that -MAY- word is the tough one. He was a jerk at UM from what I've heard and read, isn't that hearsay? 

    The world has plenty of kooks, I'm sure Gip you've run across plenty of them.

    You, prime among them!!😆

    Yes, I have seen my share of kooks.  I represented an actual serial killer once.  (and the work "kook" would not really describe him).

    Also, I had in front of me in court on several occasions this "kooky" guy  who kept driving like 100 miles an hour on the back streets of Norton where I was magistrate.  His name was Maverick Carter.  And he would speed like a demon on his way back and forth to LeBron's house when he live out in Wadsworth, (before LBJ built the house up in Crystal Lake area)

  • @mjp28 said:

    Quite possible but that -MAY- word is the tough one. He was a jerk at UM from what I've heard and read, isn't that hearsay? 

    The world has plenty of kooks, I'm sure Gip you've run across plenty of them.

    You, prime among them!!😆

    Yes, I have seen my share of kooks.  I represented an actual serial killer once.  (and the work "kook" would not really describe him).

    Also, I had in front of me in court on several occasions this "kooky" guy  who kept driving like 100 miles an hour on the back streets of Norton where I was magistrate.  His name was Maverick Carter.  And he would speed like a demon on his way back and forth to LeBron's house when he live out in Wadsworth, (before LBJ built the house up in Crystal Lake area)

    @the-gipper said:

    You, prime among them!!😆    (Hey,  😮 )

    ..... His name was Maverick Carter.  And he would speed like a demon on his way back and forth to LeBron's house when he live out in Wadsworth, (before LBJ built the house up in Crystal Lake area)......

    Was his rear named Goose? Or did he just "feel the need for some speed".  😮

  • @the-gipper said:

    You, prime among them!!😆    (Hey,  😮 )

    ..... His name was Maverick Carter.  And he would speed like a demon on his way back and forth to LeBron's house when he live out in Wadsworth, (before LBJ built the house up in Crystal Lake area)......

    Was his rear named Goose? Or did he just "feel the need for some speed".  😮

    @mjp28 said:

    Was his rear named Goose? Or did he just "feel the need for some speed".  😮

    No,   he was named Kostoff.    But, yes, he apparently did feel the need for speed.

  • @claretbrown said:

    I don't doubt for one minute that they are all murdering bastards. 

    Not all who?  NFL players? Of course, by no means.

    But Hernandez was.    And Carruth was.  And OJ likely was (98% of America believes he was), and Ray Lewis....yes, there is more doubt, but he was on the scene of a double homicide...and it was his "boys"  that performed those murders. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Not all who?  NFL players? Of course, by no means.

    But Hernandez was.    And Carruth was.  And OJ likely was (98% of America believes he was), and Ray Lewis....yes, there is more doubt, but he was on the scene of a double homicide...and it was his "boys"  that performed those murders. 

    All the guys you mentioned!  You replied as though I somehow made light of the hernandez case.

    Yes, I've heard of oj Sampson ?

  • Late reports saying Hernandez was a victim of some kind of sexual abuse growing up. And had a relationship with a player at Florida I believe. Just a really messed up story.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Late reports saying Hernandez was a victim of some kind of sexual abuse growing up. And had a relationship with a player at Florida I believe. Just a really messed up story.

    I am convinced the podcast hinted that it was his dad, who was vehemently and vocally homophobic, who  was the abuser.