Duke Johnson
-
Duke is a mediocre back
?? Duke signed here when he probably could’ve got more money elsewhere and defines unselfish when he plays. Reliable hands, playmaker, can block, get open...
?? Duke signed here when he probably could’ve got more money elsewhere and defines unselfish when he plays. Reliable hands, playmaker, can block, get open...
We drafted him
-

This was him tonight ......
-
?? Duke signed here when he probably could’ve got more money elsewhere and defines unselfish when he plays. Reliable hands, playmaker, can block, get open...
We drafted him
We drafted him
.....And he signed a 3 year extension
-
We drafted him
.....And he signed a 3 year extension
.....And he signed a 3 year extension
But never eligible to sign or play for another team.
-
.....And he signed a 3 year extension
But never eligible to sign or play for another team.
But never eligible to sign or play for another team.
And he would’ve been eligible if he didn’t resign here. The point being that Duke wanted to be here.
-
I would put him in the convrsation of offensive mvp this last game. A few 3rd down conversions. Picking up blitzes. Running it. Catching it.
-
Good player to be sure, but Chubb's emergence has made him less relevant.
Best teams have a couple of good backs. NO has Ingram and Kamara and if either one has a series of runs or a really long run, the other comes in to give a breather. Makes them both far more effective and also running at 100% every play because they know the coach will take them out appropriately and/or they can signal to come out at any time.
-
Good player to be sure, but Chubb's emergence has made him less relevant.
Best teams have a couple of good backs. NO has Ingram and Kamara and if either one has a series of runs or a really long run, the other comes in to give a breather. Makes them both far more effective and also running at 100% every play because they know the coach will take them out appropriately and/or they can signal to come out at any time.
Best teams have a couple of good backs. NO has Ingram and Kamara and if either one has a series of runs or a really long run, the other comes in to give a breather. Makes them both far more effective and also running at 100% every play because they know the coach will take them out appropriately and/or they can signal to come out at any time.
Less relevant does not mean valueless.... just means the value gap is wider than it once was.
-
Anyone see Dorsey bringing in karheem hunt?
-
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
-
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
540 yards for such limited playing time is not bad at all.
-
Anyone see Dorsey bringing in karheem hunt?
Anyone see Dorsey bringing in karheem hunt?
No
-
Anyone see Dorsey bringing in karheem hunt?
No
-
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
Interesting dissenting viewpoint. I’m all “he saved the day!” and you’re all “he’s average.”
I’m no internet research maven but would postulate there’s a notable split between his pre-Hue and post-Hue firing numbers.
I dunno man. I just see an extremely solid and well rounded football player that can catch, run, and block.
-
One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end. Duke is an average 2nd back. He’s just over 500 yards total offense.
Interesting dissenting viewpoint. I’m all “he saved the day!” and you’re all “he’s average.”
I’m no internet research maven but would postulate there’s a notable split between his pre-Hue and post-Hue firing numbers.
I dunno man. I just see an extremely solid and well rounded football player that can catch, run, and block.
Interesting dissenting viewpoint. I’m all “he saved the day!” and you’re all “he’s average.”
I’m no internet research maven but would postulate there’s a notable split between his pre-Hue and post-Hue firing numbers.
I dunno man. I just see an extremely solid and well rounded football player that can catch, run, and block.
Yea. I think it is fair to say that if we didn't have Duke Johnson on this team, that we would be desperate to find a guy just like him.
-
I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro.
I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro.
duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....
-
I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro.
duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....
duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....
Damn Chicken Little. I mean sure, that’s one way of looking forward to the future.
-
I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro.
duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....
-
damn that was over two years ago
Yup... and you can bet the pre-draft scrutiny of the knee was very high.
Any RB can get hurt at any time in any game, so yes, you need serviceable backups, but serviceable does not mean equally talented. Teams are lucky if their complementary backs are close enough in elite ability that if one or the other misses a game here and there it's barely noticeable.The Saints are the only team that springs to mind here.
I'd like to see Hilliard get some touches these final two weeks. He flashed some in preseason and has had a couple solid kick returns. Let's see what we have in him before we go fishing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login