Hue interview with mkc
-
It's hard to know what's true when it comes to how the previous drafts played out, but can you IMAGINE how angry you'd be if you were screaming to draft Carson Wentz and your GM traded down and took Corey Coleman? So you don't get him the franchise QB, you instead get him a bungling assclown with glass hands.
-
Imagine the earth moving beneath your feet watching RG3 the same off season...
-
I wanted Wentz and Watson. Those guys were pretty clear cut, especially Watson, who took out Bama in the Championship. That was a hell of a game.
Oh well, now we have Ward and Baker instead of Watson.
-
Hue got the shaft here. Embarassing what they did to this good man.
To be fair, Sashi gave him a JV team to work with for two seasons- BUT. As an NFL coach you should be able to win more than one game in two years. At least win a couple more by accident. Who can forget him calling a time out on the first play? Those are scripted, no excuse.
His mismanagement and selections of quarterbacks was an epic FAIL of historical proportions. Earth movin' RG III, trust me on Kessler, keep trotting Kizer out there when it was obvious he wasn't ready, and totally sucked. Not giving your QBOTF Baker any first team reps in the preseason, like no chance Taylor was going to get hurt.
Add in terrible clock management and play calling (remember that goal line run with seconds left in the half and no time outs?) That's how you go 1-31 and set yourself up to get fired.
-
Hue got the shaft here. Embarassing what they did to this good man.
Hue is the worst gameday coach I have ever seen with the exception of one middleschool coach I once saw that my son was coaching against. Never understood the clock, never understood use of TOs and could not run a redzone offense if his job depended upon it..................................oh wait..........................it did.........................so now he is thankfully gone and gets in the record books as one of the worst ever on any level.
Embarrassing is the correct word, just misapplied.
Hue is the worst gameday coach I have ever seen with the exception of one middleschool coach I once saw that my son was coaching against. Never understood the clock, never understood use of TOs and could not run a redzone offense if his job depended upon it..................................oh wait..........................it did.........................so now he is thankfully gone and gets in the record books as one of the worst ever on any level.
Embarrassing is the correct word, just misapplied.
Happens a lot people do a good job and get promoted up until they can't and then drop back, the "Peter principle".
The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence". In other words, an employee is promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another. The concept was elucidated in the 1969 book The Peter Principle by Peter and Raymond Hull......
I remember it well came out in 1969, required reading in college back then, it is quite often true.
Don't worry about Hue he can easily find an OC or other job like a booth or studio guy.
-
-
Good man probably lousy coach definitelyGood man probably lousy coach definitely
I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach. But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me. Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.
-
Good man probably lousy coach definitelyGood man probably lousy coach definitely
I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach. But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me. Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.
I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach. But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me. Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.
Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.
Mike
-
I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach. But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me. Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.
Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.
Mike
Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.
Mike
But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...
Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion... Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...
-
Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.
Mike
But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...
Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion... Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...
But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...
Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion... Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...
I call Shenanigans on this.
Cincinnati should tear Fountain Square out and install a 50 foot tall statue of Marvin Lewis for making the Bengals resemble an actual NFL football team.
-
It needs the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song in the background
It needs the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song in the background
And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..
-
But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...
Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion... Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...
I call Shenanigans on this.
Cincinnati should tear Fountain Square out and install a 50 foot tall statue of Marvin Lewis for making the Bengals resemble an actual NFL football team.
I call Shenanigans on this.
Cincinnati should tear Fountain Square out and install a 50 foot tall statue of Marvin Lewis for making the Bengals resemble an actual NFL football team.
NICE That made me lol for real
-
Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?
-
Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?
Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?
Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem.
As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it. FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to.
-
Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?
Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem.
As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it. FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to.
Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem.
As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it. FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to.
Thank God! I could not go thru another MOVE. I really hope Art's soul is in HELL and he suffers.
-
Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem.
As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it. FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to.
Thank God! I could not go thru another MOVE. I really hope Art's soul is in HELL and he suffers.
Thank God! I could not go thru another MOVE. I really hope Art's soul is in HELL and he suffers.
Well, one of our fans pissed on his grave, I hope that's enough to keep you happy. I said when the move happened, the family should have had him cremated, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
But I digress, if you're into technicalities. What kept a semblance of the Browns in Cleveland is what's called a "specific performance" clause. You "perform" in Cleveland (or Jacksonville) for the duration of your lease, and if not there's "irreparable harm". We will sue you for whatever number we think is "irreparable".
-
It needs the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song in the background
And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..
And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..
Yep, you got it! Except you forgot the “ worst ever” part of Hues record. You wanted the worst and you had him. The stupidest can’t coach blame everything else man ever and he owns his record. EF him!
-
But then there is this from a Hue interview.. Wish he would have done it while "HE WAS THE COACH" as he so famously said 10k times.
"But as he watched the season unfold, Jackson grew to believe that Mayfield should have been running an offense similar to the one he ran at Oklahoma, which was based on playing fast with quick throws -- more slants, more outs, more fast passing and fewer seven-stop drops."
I just hope to God the new OC realizes that everything is about Mayfield's development going forward.. And whatever the Shmuck play calling they've been doing these past weeks(including the wins) has to change.. Reverses with Callway coming out of the backfield, stupid Shmucking trick plays......
We have 2 great running backs to take the pressure off of a rookie QB and we settle for tricks... I formation runs, with BM using his incredible play action acting abilities.. Quick outs, quick slants... Over the top screens when the Defense gets over aggressive trying to get to him.. Shmuck standing in the pocket for 3 seconds waiting for these over complicated plays to develop.. Bang bang bang.. Fast. Shmuck even let him go no huddle on the first possession...
The play calling to date has been freaking abysmal and he deserved to be fired for it.
BobPound!
-
And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..
Yep, you got it! Except you forgot the “ worst ever” part of Hues record. You wanted the worst and you had him. The stupidest can’t coach blame everything else man ever and he owns his record. EF him!
The stupidest can’t coach blame everything else man ever and he owns his record.
English must be a real challenge.??
-
The stupidest can’t coach blame everything else man ever and he owns his record.
English must be a real challenge.??
English must be a real challenge.??
So is google
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login