Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
176 37 5.7k
  • last couple weeks bakers thrown some headscratchers in a completely clean pocket and with time

    i dont know wuts happened to.him

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @clevfan4life said:

    last couple weeks bakers thrown some headscratchers in a completely clean pocket and with time

    i dont know wuts happened to.him

    34-15,  time to hit the gym?

  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
    #95

    The "fat lady" is not only warming up, she's moved into the Browns locker room.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    last couple weeks bakers thrown some headscratchers in a completely clean pocket and with time

    i dont know wuts happened to.him

    Perhaps he has had that issue before and NFL defenses are now seeing it?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @tiamat63 said:

    Perhaps he has had that issue before and NFL defenses are now seeing it?

    Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Not 1 player on this Defense should even be in the NFL, all worthless pints of piss. Where you at Myles? Fukn Bitch, Joke of a team. Here comes another turnover from baker or Chubb, can't even punt the Shmucking ball right.

  • Not 1 player on this Defense should even be in the NFL, all worthless pints of piss. Where you at Myles? Fukn Bitch, Joke of a team. Here comes another turnover from baker or Chubb, can't even punt the Shmucking ball right.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @medicineman said:

    Not 1 player on this Defense should even be in the NFL, all worthless pints of piss. Where you at Myles? Fukn Bitch, Joke of a team. Here comes another turnover from baker or Chubb, can't even punt the Shmucking ball right.

    aaaand on ignore you go as well.   

    For realsies I might have a couple dozen people left on this board I actually have the ability to read.  

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #99

    Headed back out. Whatever the final score...

    PEANUTS@Snoopy
    Happy Sunday everyone!
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Perhaps he has had that issue before and NFL defenses are now seeing it?

    Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

    Yeah man I read through a lot of that stuff to include yours and it's great work. I'm not ever one to defend a dude outright but that sack is a perfect example of what I see a lot. Baker rightly saw pressure and audibles to slide protection to that side. He still gets a free rusher on him, and I'm not sure what you can possibly expect him to do. 

    Just seems that way a lot on routes these guys run 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

    I’ve been saying this pre draft, the overall system/offensive talent that surrounded Baker made him look better than he is.  The problem is this fanbase, and organization, was hell bent on taking a QB.  Before the draft I didn’t want one and looking at how they are playing my mind hasn’t changed.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Watching this nonsense again can we finally admit the talent is just not there or are we still locked into it’s the coaches fault.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    keep mayfield out the rest of the season. He wasnt quite ready. He was a nice spark fir a minute but he's been gameplanned. He needs more work in berea, dont ruin him by putting him out there with an OL that lets nosevtackles free up the middle.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    I think its a combination of both.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    these 2pt conversions.....

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    can we get baker killed on 2pt convo's? id like that thank you. God get him out of there. Slip a couple bills to the concussion specialists and get him in the protocol

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

    I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

    Yeah man I read through a lot of that stuff to include yours and it's great work. I'm not ever one to defend a dude outright but that sack is a perfect example of what I see a lot. Baker rightly saw pressure and audibles to slide protection to that side. He still gets a free rusher on him, and I'm not sure what you can possibly expect him to do. 

    Just seems that way a lot on routes these guys run 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Yeah man I read through a lot of that stuff to include yours and it's great work. I'm not ever one to defend a dude outright but that sack is a perfect example of what I see a lot. Baker rightly saw pressure and audibles to slide protection to that side. He still gets a free rusher on him, and I'm not sure what you can possibly expect him to do. 

    Just seems that way a lot on routes these guys run 

    Part of it is the routes and the receivers, a part is the coaches and there are times when - as a QB - you're going to be responsible for that free rusher which means you're throwing hot.  

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    sometjings wrong with baker...get him out. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    god we've seen this so many times. This kid is rattled. He's overthrowing wide open guys. Thats like the 5th pass he's sailed today, maybe more

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    he has no deep accuracy and timing right now

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    he's hitching his throws, this is classic shellshocked qb syndrome

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    is baker legit concussed? did i just srsly hear him call the play out?