Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
176 37 5.7k
  • @dawg2fan said:

    Baker still overthrows to too many open receivers.  Look at Mahomes, his throws are right on time and this is only his 2nd year.  Granted, he has a much better team than we do.  But you can tell from his release, he is much better than Baker.    I don't see Baker ever being as good as Brees, but he's much better than what we had.  We definitely need to draft a #1 receiver next year or pick one up in FA.  Then we can spend our draft picks on the D and O Tackles.  Let's get the D right where we can stop teams from scoring.  Not to far away.  

    some receivers were getting held - no calls. Why should Baker have faith in his offensive line?

    Did you see Njoku completely and stupidly whiff on blocking the outside blitzer? What is our LT supposed to do, trade off his guy and try to run out past Njoku to block that guy? What the....

       Mahomes had quick get open guys, Mahomes had far, far better blocking a lot of the time - including a hell of a lot of arm locking/dragging/holding that wasn't called, Hahomes is NOT A ROOKIE, Mayfield doesn't have a Tyreek Hill, Mayfield doesn't have a Kelce at TE. Mahomes was playing against a zone after Ward went out, and the Browns don't do a zone well, ....

      The Browns don't have a #` wr on the roster. just a dumb point whining about Baker, and comparing him to a second year player with a stable offense and a ton of excellent talent around him.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Did you see Njoku completely and stupidly whiff on blocking the outside blitzer? What is our LT supposed to do, trade off his guy and try to run out past Njoku to block that guy? What the....

    Njoku had one of the best games of the season today.  You can't put the blame on him.  Like I said before, our team is made up of mostly rookies or 2nd year players, which i have been saying for years.  But we'll see over time.  I'm still not completely sold on Mayfield.  I wanted Darnold or Allen.  And with our line, they would look just as bad.  But over time, these QBs will develop to much better QBs that Baker.  Again, time will tell.  

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    damn ariens sure was tossing his name in the wring to be are next head coach

  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by

    What really impressed me was the Chiefs speed! On both offense and defense  

    The kid Nelson was flying to the ball

    We looked like plodders in comparison. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

    Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

    We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

    Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm never happy after a Browns loss, but this one isn't really stinging.

    All and all, the Browns didn't make a lot of mental mistakes, and (with the exception of the two point conversions) I wasn't upset with the coaching today. I like how the offense was ran.

    Today is just an example of the Browns simply not having enough talent to hang with a team like the Chefs yet. It is what it is at this point.  

  • damn ariens sure was tossing his name in the wring to be are next head coach

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @atom said:

    damn ariens sure was tossing his name in the wring to be are next head coach

    He is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that gameHe is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that

  • I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

    Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

    We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

    Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

    Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

    We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

    Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

    Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

  • So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

    Just heard the Rams have ONLY 8 drives all year that have been 3-and-out

    Thats insane

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

  • Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

    If only the Browns had a chance to draft him. 

    If. Only. 

  • Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

    Buckeye!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Michael.  Shmucking.  Thomas.

    Best WR in the NFL.  Period.  

    If only the Browns had a chance to draft him. 

    If. Only. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    If only the Browns had a chance to draft him. 

    If. Only. 

    Don't.  Don't do that.    That wound won't ever fully heal for me.  

  • So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

    Michael Thomas with the phone under the goal post padding.  LOL!?☎️

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

    Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

    We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

    Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

    Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

    @tiamat63 said:

    Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

    I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

    Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

    edit: like Michael Thomas.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

    I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

    Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

    edit: like Michael Thomas.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

    Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

    edit: like Michael Thomas.

    Last I posted about Callaway he was approaching a near 13% drop rate.

    So..........  about that.  

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

    Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

    edit: like Michael Thomas.

    Last I posted about Callaway he was approaching a near 13% drop rate.

    So..........  about that.  

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Last I posted about Callaway he was approaching a near 13% drop rate.

    So..........  about that.  

    Ok he’s a developing rookie. Of course he’s gonna drop some

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Last I posted about Callaway he was approaching a near 13% drop rate.

    So..........  about that.  

    Ok he’s a developing rookie. Of course he’s gonna drop some

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Ok he’s a developing rookie. Of course he’s gonna drop some

    I can't recall a rookie having that bad of a drop percentage ever turning it around in a meaningful way...  can you?

    Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

  • @atom said:

    damn ariens sure was tossing his name in the wring to be are next head coach

    He is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that gameHe is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that gameHe is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that

    Please repeat once more......

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Ok he’s a developing rookie. Of course he’s gonna drop some

    I can't recall a rookie having that bad of a drop percentage ever turning it around in a meaningful way...  can you?

    Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I can't recall a rookie having that bad of a drop percentage ever turning it around in a meaningful way...  can you?

    Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

    Terrell Owens is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.