Skip to content

Please Not McDaniels

The Browns Board
65 25 1.6k
  • I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

  • I think Pat Shurmur might be available come the end of the season... ?

  • Eric M. Bieniemy or deflippo be my top 2 choice with a strong d cord.

  • Munchak

  • This I’m sure it’s going to be someone that Dorsey has been with somewhere.  Probably McCarthy but I ask will he work.  Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around and throw trash up after 10 seconds after the db’s get tired and his wr get space.  I still think whom ever they get has to tool the team around what baker does best slants quick outs and seam patterns 

  • This I’m sure it’s going to be someone that Dorsey has been with somewhere.  Probably McCarthy but I ask will he work.  Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around and throw trash up after 10 seconds after the db’s get tired and his wr get space.  I still think whom ever they get has to tool the team around what baker does best slants quick outs and seam patterns 

    @babernakle said:

     Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around...

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

  • @babernakle said:

     Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around...

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

    @tour2ma said:

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

    Either way I'm tossing 'A' hat.  

    Not sure when the Old coach turned it over but ever since the start of that 2nd half against New England they've been on a tear.  Going to dig a little deeper on that one.   

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    Well, unless you want this to happen, I'm gonna say no.

    giphy.gif

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    You must be clairvoyant. . .

    7A089FDA-8F14-4128-814E-136A3CF82183.png

  • Mixed reaction here on Arians' interest...

  • Mixed reaction here on Arians' interest...

    @tour2ma said:

    Mixed reaction here on Arians' interest...

    I’ll pass on Arians.

  • I like Arians, but his offenses get QBs killed. 

    Plus, the age and health. 

  • On the fence.     The man retired once, cited health as a concern no less.      That said he runs some unique route concepts and designs, tends to groom young QB's well in his system and can be quite aggressive with his play calling.      Ultimately I'm not sure if Baker is the QB to execute his offensive vision though.  

  • I know from when Arians was doing the game on the booth yesterday he was saying any HC would be lucky to coach Browns next year, given the talent on the team. I don't think Arians see this team as having far to go to get over the hump. I would certainly say he should be in the running. He is proven HC who made the freakin Cardinals relevant.

  • Why the hell would we want a 2 time NFL coach of the year in Arians ....we are the Browns FFS we dont do winners .....

  • you'll probably see pettines defense again if arians comes here. No thanks, unless he's ok with keeping willuams as DC or someine else who runs a similiar scheme. Last thing we want is a major scheme change that isnt a good fit fir our current players

  • Eh....I forgot about health concerns. Only thing I can say is that health can possibly improve, and perhaps he's feeling better. But yes, his age and health have to be factors to be considered, and I'm betting we still want a more youthful candidate. I guess I've just always liked Arians. 

  • Last year Kubiac, this year Arians... It amazes me how retired coaches with health problems are suggested as HC candidates for the Browns, when I think it doesn't do your health any good coaching here.

    Last coach that we had was suggested to take a swim after breaking the ice in lake Erie, bear in mind (and he didn't do it, how disappointing).

  • I called Josh McDaniels the #1 prospect. He IS the guy, Everyone else is CaCa.

    Haslam almost had the deal sealed, but MacAdoo screwed it up and Josh got sick of dealing with the Browns. His treatment of the Colts has nothing to do with anything. Always with you Browns fans, there is always some reason why a guy's demeanor or personality is " just not the right fit for us".  Crennell was a coffee fetcher. McDaniels is headstrong and he IS the right guy.

    The BIG issue is that if Haslam wants a winner, he needs Dorsey reporting to the HC. Otherwise, you are going to have more of the same pathology that produces the crap you see before you. My initial belief was 2 - 14 +/- 1 win. I am honestly bummed that sportswriters just today are writing that the Browns may not win another game.

    This you think is progress? This is the manifestation of Dorsey bringing it? Really, Landry said it best when he eluded that nothing has changed with this team. The crap starts at the top. Haslam needs ot make his mind up once and for all................. WHO IS THE BOSS... until he picks a boss, a good boss, and puts the entire franchise in his hands, what you see before you is what you will continue to see.