Skip to content

Bruce Arians

The Browns Board
45 22 2.0k
  • My # 1 Choice! He is 66 but could hire a great staff. Worth serious consideration,IMHO!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    My # 1 Choice! He is 66 but could hire a great staff. Worth serious consideration,IMHO!

    Yeah, he has already been measured for a coffin, so why not hire him? It's not like he has anything else going on.

  • [edit]

    I liked him when he was here. Hopefully he still has gas left in the tank. Even more hopefully that it's not just feelings of nostalgia. Sam Rutigliano is another favorite of mine.

    WSS

  • Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

  • Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

    @ghoolie said:

    Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

    I would have let kosar be the QB coach ages ago. 

  • Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

    @ghoolie said:

    Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

  • @ghoolie said:

    Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    I just don’t think he wants to coach. He  could do some consulting or he prefers to do media and other ventures

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    I don't think Bernie would want to be HC, and  don't think he would be successful at it. But...he would make an excellent qb coach or OC.

  • He got Tim Couch killed; let him do it again to Baker.

    I hate the guy.  I was so happy that the Steelers finally got rid of him and replaced him with Todd Haley.

    His offenses never run the ball well and his QB's often lead the NFL in sacks.  Tim Couch, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer were all either #1 in getting sacked or near the top of the list.  He got Tim Couch killed then went to work getting Roethlisberger killed.  The Steelers got rid of him for 2 reasons. #1 he did not run the ball effectively and #2 Ben was getting sacked and hit too much.

    Bruce is in poor health and every so often gets rushed to the hospital for an undisclosed reason.

    I thought that he retired because he was going to die.

    Fùck Bruce Arians!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

    WSS

    I’ve always figured that for Bernie and coaching jobs ..... Cleveland or nothing. He does seem to wear his heart on his sleeve.  

  • He got Tim Couch killed; let him do it again to Baker.

    I hate the guy.  I was so happy that the Steelers finally got rid of him and replaced him with Todd Haley.

    His offenses never run the ball well and his QB's often lead the NFL in sacks.  Tim Couch, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer were all either #1 in getting sacked or near the top of the list.  He got Tim Couch killed then went to work getting Roethlisberger killed.  The Steelers got rid of him for 2 reasons. #1 he did not run the ball effectively and #2 Ben was getting sacked and hit too much.

    Bruce is in poor health and every so often gets rushed to the hospital for an undisclosed reason.

    I thought that he retired because he was going to die.

    Fùck Bruce Arians!

    @dick-mellon said:

    Fùck Bruce Arians!

    Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

    In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

    Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

    Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

  • Isn't Dickk Mellon the generic Paramount liquor version of Midori Penis?

    WSS

  • @dick-mellon said:

    Fùck Bruce Arians!

    Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

    In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

    Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

    Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

    @dick-mellon said:

    Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

    In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

    Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

    Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

    We could NOT run. William Green carried the ball 25 times for 30 yards ... and that included a 23 yard run! So the other 24 carries netted 7 yards.

    So, if you try something 25 times, and it doesn't work 24 times, and you have 429 yards through the air against this defense ... why not go to the well one more time?

    If Northcutt catches this perfect pass, it is BALLGAME.

    But before we hang Northcutt, just like Byner in The Fumble game, we are not in that position without him ... 6 Catches, 92 yards and 2 TDs.

    We played a terrific game in a hostile environment and Arians got 429 yards and 33 points out of a backup QB against a team we simply could not run against ... We lost because of Paul Brown, Art Modell and Dick Shiner ... There's a curse in there somewhere and some black and piss goblin knocked the ball out of Cutt's hands.

    Zombo

  • @dick-mellon said:

    Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

    In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

    Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

    Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

    We could NOT run. William Green carried the ball 25 times for 30 yards ... and that included a 23 yard run! So the other 24 carries netted 7 yards.

    So, if you try something 25 times, and it doesn't work 24 times, and you have 429 yards through the air against this defense ... why not go to the well one more time?

    If Northcutt catches this perfect pass, it is BALLGAME.

    But before we hang Northcutt, just like Byner in The Fumble game, we are not in that position without him ... 6 Catches, 92 yards and 2 TDs.

    We played a terrific game in a hostile environment and Arians got 429 yards and 33 points out of a backup QB against a team we simply could not run against ... We lost because of Paul Brown, Art Modell and Dick Shiner ... There's a curse in there somewhere and some black and piss goblin knocked the ball out of Cutt's hands.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    We could NOT run. William Green carried the ball 25 times for 30 yards ... and that included a 23 yard run! So the other 24 carries netted 7 yards.

    So, if you try something 25 times, and it doesn't work 24 times, and you have 429 yards through the air against this defense ... why not go to the well one more time?

    If Northcutt catches this perfect pass, it is BALLGAME.

    But before we hang Northcutt, just like Byner in The Fumble game, we are not in that position without him ... 6 Catches, 92 yards and 2 TDs.

    We played a terrific game in a hostile environment and Arians got 429 yards and 33 points out of a backup QB against a team we simply could not run against ... We lost because of Paul Brown, Art Modell and finger Shiner ... There's a curse in there somewhere and some black and piss goblin knocked the ball out of Cutt's hands.

    Zombo

    Still pisses me the fuuuuuuuck off.

    And....Karlissmissed missed.

  • Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

  • Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    then bring in Arians

    As?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    then bring in Arians

    As?

    @tour2ma said:

    As?

    HC bubsy.  

  • Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

    I just thought of the same thing today also kitchens and Arians work together in Arizona. So the up-and-coming offensive coordinator that could become our future coach to learn under Arians could very well be Freddie kitchens if this staff continues to prove themselves.

  • @tour2ma said:

    As?

    HC bubsy.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    HC bubsy.  

    Got it... and it's what I thought, but I did not want to assume.

    Couple more games like Sunday's and Arians might be in line for an Asst. HC slot... 😉

  • Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

    Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

    Greg Williams rubs a lot of people the wrong way...especially the local media. The fact is, I don't give a crap about the 2 morons on WKNR with their agenda against him beginning with his first press conference as the new DC last year. He doesn't kiss anyone's butt, so they seem to have a problem with that. If you could contain all the knowledge these talk show hosts have, and place it on the edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down an 8 lane highway. Williams is moving this team in the right direction, and if it continues, and we win a bunch of these last 6 games, we need to keep him, HC or otherwise.