Haslams have put Dorsey in charge of coaching search
-
Distant possibility, but who knows?...
Bruce Ariens as HC with Kitchens remaining as OC/Asst HC to be groomed to replace Ariens in a couple years. I am fearful of Ariens' age & health, but with Dorsey having elevated Kitchens to OC & Kitchens having worked with Ariens for 5 years, that may work. Would also aid continuity.
Again, who knows what will happen. The above is just another of many thoughts.
Mike
-
So with Dorsey in charge I'd look at the Chiefs and Packers coaching trees to see if there is a young guy that may have impressed him.
Chiefs ... and I know this has been mentioned a lot ... Eric "Sleeping with Bienienmy" will probably get an interview.
Packers ... They have "has been" coordinators Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine who are not tied to Dorsey ... But Mike McCarthy is.
So you can interview Bienienmy (Rooney Rule) and hire McCarthy and, Boom, your done ... if he's your man.
Or you can scour the College hotshots (Lincoln Riley etc ) and NFL hotshots (Shane Waldron etc.) and make it a big production.
Thing is .. we fired first ... so we should go out and get our pick of the litter first and not wait until six other teams are looking ... but I know that makes it tricky with the NFL guys in the playoffs.
Dark horse candidate ... Freddie Kitchens
Say we start scoring 30 points a game down the stretch and Baker says "I love this guy"
Match him up with a stud DC (I think Williams' blitzing schemes are on their last NFL legs) and roll ...
Zombo
Zombo said:
Dark horse candidate ... Freddie Kitchens
Say we start scoring 30 points a game down the stretch and Baker says "I love this guy"
Nothing would make me happier. Good coaches come from somewhere, right? I mean, they all started off as QB coaches and stuff before getting their break, perhaps this is Kitchens' turn? Do I expect it to happen? Of course not, that's why he's the dark horse candidate. But we looked pretty decent last week of offense, and if that trend continues, it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Dorsey is calling the shot, but like you said, Baker will have SOME influence.
-
So with Dorsey in charge I'd look at the Chiefs and Packers coaching trees to see if there is a young guy that may have impressed him.
Chiefs ... and I know this has been mentioned a lot ... Eric "Sleeping with Bienienmy" will probably get an interview.
Packers ... They have "has been" coordinators Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine who are not tied to Dorsey ... But Mike McCarthy is.
So you can interview Bienienmy (Rooney Rule) and hire McCarthy and, Boom, your done ... if he's your man.
Or you can scour the College hotshots (Lincoln Riley etc ) and NFL hotshots (Shane Waldron etc.) and make it a big production.
Thing is .. we fired first ... so we should go out and get our pick of the litter first and not wait until six other teams are looking ... but I know that makes it tricky with the NFL guys in the playoffs.
Dark horse candidate ... Freddie Kitchens
Say we start scoring 30 points a game down the stretch and Baker says "I love this guy"
Match him up with a stud DC (I think Williams' blitzing schemes are on their last NFL legs) and roll ...
Zombo
Zombo said:
So with Dorsey in charge I'd look at the Chiefs and Packers coaching trees to see if there is a young guy that may have impressed him.
Chiefs ... and I know this has been mentioned a lot ... Eric "Sleeping with Bienienmy" will probably get an interview.
Packers ... They have "has been" coordinators Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine who are not tied to Dorsey ... But Mike McCarthy is.
So you can interview Bienienmy (Rooney Rule) and hire McCarthy and, Boom, your done ... if he's your man.
Or you can scour the College hotshots (Lincoln Riley etc ) and NFL hotshots (Shane Waldron etc.) and make it a big production.
Thing is .. we fired first ... so we should go out and get our pick of the litter first and not wait until six other teams are looking ... but I know that makes it tricky with the NFL guys in the playoffs.
Dark horse candidate ... Freddie Kitchens
Say we start scoring 30 points a game down the stretch and Baker says "I love this guy"
Match him up with a stud DC (I think Williams' blitzing schemes are on their last NFL legs) and roll ...
Zombo
Munchak.
Steelers success last night was because their OL is so well oiled. Which I attribute to their coaching. The whole of that OL is greater than the sum of its parts.
I see him as a bit Belichickian.....had a brief tenure as HC elsewhere with about a .500 record......(Tits)...then spends 5 years as an assistant....then gets another chance.
Why not? The worst that can happen is that he turns out to be another one of the line of HCs we have had......and that we vastly weaken the Steelers. The Best is that he combines with an outstanding QB to be a perennial challenger.
-
Zombo said:
So with Dorsey in charge I'd look at the Chiefs and Packers coaching trees to see if there is a young guy that may have impressed him.
Chiefs ... and I know this has been mentioned a lot ... Eric "Sleeping with Bienienmy" will probably get an interview.
Packers ... They have "has been" coordinators Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine who are not tied to Dorsey ... But Mike McCarthy is.
So you can interview Bienienmy (Rooney Rule) and hire McCarthy and, Boom, your done ... if he's your man.
Or you can scour the College hotshots (Lincoln Riley etc ) and NFL hotshots (Shane Waldron etc.) and make it a big production.
Thing is .. we fired first ... so we should go out and get our pick of the litter first and not wait until six other teams are looking ... but I know that makes it tricky with the NFL guys in the playoffs.
Dark horse candidate ... Freddie Kitchens
Say we start scoring 30 points a game down the stretch and Baker says "I love this guy"
Match him up with a stud DC (I think Williams' blitzing schemes are on their last NFL legs) and roll ...
Zombo
Munchak.
Steelers success last night was because their OL is so well oiled. Which I attribute to their coaching. The whole of that OL is greater than the sum of its parts.
I see him as a bit Belichickian.....had a brief tenure as HC elsewhere with about a .500 record......(Tits)...then spends 5 years as an assistant....then gets another chance.
Why not? The worst that can happen is that he turns out to be another one of the line of HCs we have had......and that we vastly weaken the Steelers. The Best is that he combines with an outstanding QB to be a perennial challenger.
Munchak.
Steelers success last night was because their OL is so well oiled. Which I attribute to their coaching. The whole of that OL is greater than the sum of its parts.
I see him as a bit Belichickian.....had a brief tenure as HC elsewhere with about a .500 record......(Tits)...then spends 5 years as an assistant....then gets another chance.
Why not? The worst that can happen is that he turns out to be another one of the line of HCs we have had......and that we vastly weaken the Steelers. The Best is that he combines with an outstanding QB to be a perennial challenger.
Well, he withdrew his name from consideration with the Cardinals last year and his stay with the Titans was unremarkable, but I admired him for taking the axe rather than firing his staff there. I get the feeling he is happy where he is doing what he does ... but you never know.
Zombo
-
Munchak.
Steelers success last night was because their OL is so well oiled. Which I attribute to their coaching. The whole of that OL is greater than the sum of its parts.
I see him as a bit Belichickian.....had a brief tenure as HC elsewhere with about a .500 record......(Tits)...then spends 5 years as an assistant....then gets another chance.
Why not? The worst that can happen is that he turns out to be another one of the line of HCs we have had......and that we vastly weaken the Steelers. The Best is that he combines with an outstanding QB to be a perennial challenger.
Well, he withdrew his name from consideration with the Cardinals last year and his stay with the Titans was unremarkable, but I admired him for taking the axe rather than firing his staff there. I get the feeling he is happy where he is doing what he does ... but you never know.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Well, he withdrew his name from consideration with the Cardinals last year and his stay with the Titans was unremarkable, but I admired him for taking the axe rather than firing his staff there. I get the feeling he is happy where he is doing what he does ... but you never know.
Zombo
Don't think I was aware that he was being considered for the AZ job.
-
I still like John Defillppo. Young, but not too young. A creative offensive mind. Been around a little bit. But that also includes, been around HERE...and was swept out along with everyone else after a year being our OC. He's aware of the madness. But perhaps knowing that Dorsey is the GM he might interview if asked.
-
Regarding Haley- if you want to believe Hue, he was the guy who signed off on him. Old John Boy gave Hue enough rope to hang himself with. Mission accomplished.
Landry is the unquestioned best possession receiver in the NFL. We're paying him as such.
1) Erving. Tour pointed out Pro Football Focus has him graded the #68 offensive tackle. Meaning there's backups that grade out higher than the Turnstile.
2) Gordon ran out of strikes with the Browns. Bigger pain in the azz than his talent.
3) Hyde- I pointed out his most recent game playing for the Jaguars, he had six carries for 11 yards, whoop-te-do.
4) Regarding the backup QBs- none of that was Dorsey's doing. He actually managed to get a player swap out of Green Bay shipping them the not ready for prime time Deshone Kizer. And if you want to play the I told you so game, I said before the draft Kizer positively stunk at Notre Dame, and I wanted nothing to do with him.
Look, the Browns were such a hot mess when Dorsey came in relieving the virtually clueless Sashi- there was no way in hell to fix all the mistakes made by the previous front office in one year\one draft. I pointed out elsewhere- it took the Lions three seasons to go from 0-16 to the playoffs. Orion already said it, but JD used his hypnotic powers on Haslam to convince him sending Hueless out of town was best for the team- Jimmy wanted to keep him and can Haley.
Will John make mistakes? Sure, no GM is perfect and bats 1.000 every time. I'll even clue you in, some guys have been bitching that we shouldn't have cut Carl Nassib, who's starting for another team.
More bullcrap dude. Landry is a dullard. He adds nothing. Gordon didn't run out of anything dude. He's fukcking playing for one of the best teams in the NFL. CLEVELAND ran out of ideas and had no expertise to coach and support Gordon.
IG Gordon left Cleveland and couldn't find a job? THEN YEAH, Gordon ran out of chances. But that isn't what happened. Gordon went to the top of the pile. Cleveland is the bottom of the pile
More bullcrap dude. Landry is a dullard. He adds nothing. Gordon didn't run out of anything dude. He's fukcking playing for one of the best teams in the NFL. CLEVELAND ran out of ideas and had no expertise to coach and support Gordon.
IG Gordon left Cleveland and couldn't find a job? THEN YEAH, Gordon ran out of chances. But that isn't what happened. Gordon went to the top of the pile. Cleveland is the bottom of the pile
What ever happened to your "DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASSS ON THE WAY OUT?"
Hindsight 20/20 says if you give him the Tom Brady you said was toast 3 years ago along with the guy you called Parcels' favorite coffee fetcher (Belichick) - they can take the 3-5 plays Josh is willing to sweat on and get the same productivity they used to get from hard-working, undrafted guys like Chris Hogan and Danny Amendola. And while they're at it, let's make sure we pretend NE hasn't already disciplined him for missing a team meeting and being tardy for something else. That happened after he milked a soft tissue hammy injury for the 1st 5-6 weeks of DNP-Limited. The trend hasn't lied to us yet about this guy. He's fooled a lot people that said "WE BELIEVE IN YOU" especially the Cleveland Browns.
-
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
-
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
Somebody said that they did not want retreads....expecially one who has already won a Super Bowl.
I would be of the opinion that if/when either of those teams....Packers/Ravens were to can those guys, that both teams would be in store for a fairly steep decline. Ravens more than Packers, as at least the Packers would have Rodgers for several more years.
-
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
....but they wouldn't be good enough for their current teams to keep.
-
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
....but they wouldn't be good enough for their current teams to keep.
-
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
If Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh get canned, I'd go after either in a heartbeat.
John is the latest name I heard this week. Of the two he's the "retread" I'd prefer.
-
Everyone is going to want the Browns to get the next Sean McVay… well that's easy said than done.
There's not a tree full of unemployed Sean McVays that only have eyes for Cleveland?
-
Everyone is going to want the Browns to get the next Sean McVay… well that's easy said than done.
There's not a tree full of unemployed Sean McVays that only have eyes for Cleveland?
-
-
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Z
Zombo said:
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Z
Here's the full conference- as usual, Dorsey is keeping it close to the vest. No regrets about trading Gordon, either.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-gm-john-dorsey-press-conference-11-14
-
Zombo said:
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Z
Here's the full conference- as usual, Dorsey is keeping it close to the vest. No regrets about trading Gordon, either.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-gm-john-dorsey-press-conference-11-14
Here's the full conference- as usual, Dorsey is keeping it close to the vest. No regrets about trading Gordon, either.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-gm-john-dorsey-press-conference-11-14
Dorsey also said, " you play how you practice".
Guess Hue practiced like a Pussy.... hahaha
-
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Z
-
Zombo said:
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Bigger (and even better) news was NO SEARCH FIRM!
-
Zombo said:
FWIW, Dorsey said today at press conference that Gregg William's WILL get an interview for the full time position.
Bigger (and even better) news was NO SEARCH FIRM!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login