Skip to content

Hueless to join Bungles

The Browns Board
81 36 2.6k 1
  • He knows most of his plays. Kind of. 

    I don't know that the wishbone was in his wheelhouse. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    He knows most of his plays. Kind of. 

    I don't know that the wishbone was in his wheelhouse. 

    Pretty sure the wishbone was Kitchens’ brainchild last week, and l’m a fan. Kitchens will have a couple weeks to implement some new pizazz into the offense, and l’m intrigued to see what that will be.

    I live near Cincy area, and Hue did have a degree of success down here for a number of years in various coaching roles mostly on the offensive side of the ball. I know we didn’t see much of that though.

    I figure there will be some degree of chess matchery going in the minds of both men. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

    Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    I was just getting ready to post that.

    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1652354

    You beat me to it. Just in time to snake us out for the Cincinnati game.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I was just getting ready to post that.

    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1652354

    You beat me to it. Just in time to snake us out for the Cincinnati game.

    WSS

    Yeah, heard it on Red Zone. Of course, the Bengals fired the wrong guy.  Lewis should have gotten the heave-ho after that debacle. Look at it this way- they had an extra week to get ready for the Saints, and got demolished. Three weeks in a row giving up 500+ yards. New Orleans didn't even have to punt the whole game. 

    I think even in our worst blowouts of the 0-16 campaign, we never got beat that badly. 

    As to snaking us out in Cinci, Hue might know tendencies, but Williams and Kitchens are certainly smart enough to know what Hue knows, and mix it up. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    We can only hope. 

    I can't think of a more Mike Brown move. 

    If Hue became their head coach would the Browns still have to pay him for what's left on his contract? How does that work?

    I would hope Hue has "offset language" in his contract. Meaning the Browns would only be on the hook for the difference in his Browns contract, and what the Bengals decided to pay him. Of course Mike Browns would probably want to pay him minimum wage, but I don't think that's allowed. 

  • That snake. I hope this whips our boys into a frenzy. Loyalty? This bitch was never a dawg. POS.

  • Can't say I'm surprised... I may have even mentioned this destination in the Hue Fired thread.

    Now the question is: Does Hue replace Marvin at season's end?

    @tour2ma said:

    Can't say I'm surprised... I may have even mentioned this destination in the Hue Fired thread.

    Now the question is: Does Hue replace Marvin at season's end?

    I guess if Lewis retires. No way he gets fired.

  • I think he intentionally sabotaged us in order to make his butt buddy Marv look good. I mean can anyone really be as stupid as him?

  • Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

    Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

    Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    Coffee fetcher.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

    Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    Coffee fetcher.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Coffee fetcher.

    Right on!

    We know more about Huey than he knows about the Browns. If he’s in sinci next week..... I smell a real beat down of the 48-7 variety. 

  • Let's hope he brings some of that patented Jackson magic to the bungholes.

    WSS

  • Hey mister Brown remember you're going to appoint me head coach when Marvin Lewis steps down? Hello? Hello?

    WSS

  • I wonder how Marvin likes his coffee..

    Hue will find out soon enough.

  • Read he will have input on the defense ?

  • Its just a ploy for him to tip bengals off on browns playbook and a way for him try get back at browns for firing his dumbass!

  • Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

    Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    It's also not yet clear if Hue had any positive impact on the Browns.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

    It's also not yet clear if Hue had any positive impact on the Browns.

    @unsympathetic said:

    It's also not yet clear if Hue had any positive impact on the Browns.

    the only positive impact is he (Hue) Left

  • would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

  • im happy tho that Hue got picked up somewhere. he's a good dude. 

  • 46212222_10156791598346100_3594395827226

  • would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

    Haha idk about you but Baker seems kind of “un-phase-able” 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

    Haha idk about you but Baker seems kind of “un-phase-able” 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Haha idk about you but Baker seems kind of “un-phase-able” 

    actually he was kinda shaky there fir a few weeks. Whatever it was he ckeaned it up last sunday. 

  • He’s there to shift blame. That’s what he does best