Forward To The Past
-
If you think about it, our very return to the NFL was bittersweet. Yeah, our team was restarted, but we all got a kick in the nuts to go along with it. We certainly didn't get the sweet deal Carolina and Jacksonville got, did we? We didn't get to pick whatever player we wanted from each team, no, no, no, not the Browns, we got schidt like that lardaxx Pyne guy. We got a bunch of crap players, and a succession of opportunists who came to Cleveland only to take advantage of rabid fans, low new-team expectations, and fat salaries.
From the outset, the NFL put The Cleveland Browns franchise in a hole. Now, I am not whining but I am going to say that no NFL franchise in the modern era was ever put into the kind of situation the Browns were, with expectations of becoming competitive, When you have a team with established players, you can miss some draft picks. You can make some mistakes and still field at least a mediocre team.
From 1999 until today the Browns, in my opinion, have had no room for error. To be competitive, EVERYTHING the franchise did had to pan out. Nobody has that kind of expertise and luck.
I believe those days are over. I believe that we have been transported to 1999 and the team is now launching the way it should have been allowed to in the first place, under fair conditions. Sunday, for me, was one of the most sickening, terrible, dark, sad days I can remember. I lament that Stan did not et to see the win, and what I believe is the rebirth of the Browns. What a solid, promising, proud win Sunday was. I will remember this rebirth all my days.
Go Browns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login