Greg WIlliams being interviewed for the HC position.
-
There's very little chance Williams will be the coach.
Dorsey already knows who he wants as coach in several different scenarios.
No more shotgun marriages.
- Kitchens is doing an admirable job also BTW.
There's very little chance Williams will be the coach.
Dorsey already knows who he wants as coach in several different scenarios.
No more shotgun marriages.
- Kitchens is doing an admirable job also BTW.
But you have to be practical... Never say never. Should the Browns go .500 the rest of the way out, and don't get blown out in some losses, Williams has to be given serious consideration for the HC job.
-
Agreed. Why get rid of someone who is performing?
-
I saw Dorsey’s press conference. He praised both Williams and Kitchens. He also stressed that there is a lot of football to be played yet this season and that is what he wants to focus on for now.
-
There's very little chance Williams will be the coach.
Dorsey already knows who he wants as coach in several different scenarios.
No more shotgun marriages.
- Kitchens is doing an admirable job also BTW.
But you have to be practical... Never say never. Should the Browns go .500 the rest of the way out, and don't get blown out in some losses, Williams has to be given serious consideration for the HC job.
But you have to be practical... Never say never. Should the Browns go .500 the rest of the way out, and don't get blown out in some losses, Williams has to be given serious consideration for the HC job.
You are right, it isn't an impossibility.
I just can't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Greg Williams as head coach, because if it doesn't work out, Dorsey will be leaving town with Williams.
We'll see.
-
But you have to be practical... Never say never. Should the Browns go .500 the rest of the way out, and don't get blown out in some losses, Williams has to be given serious consideration for the HC job.
You are right, it isn't an impossibility.
I just can't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Greg Williams as head coach, because if it doesn't work out, Dorsey will be leaving town with Williams.
We'll see.
You are right, it isn't an impossibility.
I just can't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Greg Williams as head coach, because if it doesn't work out, Dorsey will be leaving town with Williams.
We'll see.
Maybe we have to see who is in the available/ready to go job pool of potential head coaches also. Cleveland might be a better job after the 2018 season compared to previous years.
-
There's very little chance Williams will be the coach.
Dorsey already knows who he wants as coach in several different scenarios.
No more shotgun marriages.
- Kitchens is doing an admirable job also BTW.
But you have to be practical... Never say never. Should the Browns go .500 the rest of the way out, and don't get blown out in some losses, Williams has to be given serious consideration for the HC job.
But you have to be practical... Never say never.
But I didn't say never. I said very little chance. - That's my opinion. - Dorsey said that he thinks about it all the time...in his car...etc. And that he KNOWS he has to get this right. I just think it's too coincidental that the coach that he's wanted since last year around this time, when he got here, is Williams. And you KNOW he's been thinking about who he'd want as HC all along. Dorsey has known since day one that Hue could possibly be fired during or after this season.
Now, if the team wins 5 of the last 6 games, then, the interview with Williams takes on a little more serious tone. Or perhaps Haslam, in his finite wisdom, will dictate that Williams be HC.
-
I agree, if this team keeps performing at this level under him? You definitely keep the guy and give him even more talent to work with.
-
Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons.
Laughable.
Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons.
Laughable.
You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
-
If he finishes off with 4 wins in the last 6 games........................hire him if he wants it. Sorry I will be in R.I. the weekend of the Texans game. Memorial service for wife's favorite cousin who died suddenly. But the Denver game is carried by NFL Network on the 15th. Looking forward to watching that. I know exactly where to look for my nephew now.?
-
the odds are just not that great.. https://www.indeonline.com/sports/20181115/browns-coaching-search-what-history-of-interim-coaches-says-about-gregg-williams-chances but the guy holding the coaching keys, was Dorsey's best choice. Williams 'has' these players backs..No better time than now, to see if this team will run through a wall for Williams then now..
-
Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons.
Laughable.
You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze.
You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.
Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance.
-
You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze.
You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.
Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance.
Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze.
You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.
Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance.
I call dibs on C-SPAN 2.
The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.
”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”
”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”
-
Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze.
You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.
Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance.
I call dibs on C-SPAN 2.
The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.
”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”
”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”
I call dibs on C-SPAN 2.
The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.
”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”
”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”
Yep- I can see the Browns getting the most unique call in NFL history, "Cleveland - Baker's Dozen on the field - 5 yard penalty from the previous spot."
-
Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze.
You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.
Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance.
I call dibs on C-SPAN 2.
The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.
”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”
”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”
I call dibs on C-SPAN 2.
The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.
”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”
”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”
I'm waiting for.....
..... " Baker burns steelers in Pittsburgh" Hundreds of steeler fans sickened trying to digest it.

-
I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him.. One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...
-
Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons.
Laughable.
You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
You are like FoxNews. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.
Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.
I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that we live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.
The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.
Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very well not lose another game this year.
Give Williams a shot.
FIFY
-
Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.
Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?
-
Williams has a TON of experience and I think it’s safe to say we all like what we see so far.
Its interesting.. What would happen if G-Will does good and Dorsey still looks for “his guy”?
Would Williams potentially be a HC candidate elsewhere?
-
I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him.. One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...
I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him.. One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
-
I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him.. One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login