Skip to content

Greg WIlliams being interviewed for the HC position.

The Browns Board
59 23 1.8k 1
  • the odds are just not that great.. https://www.indeonline.com/sports/20181115/browns-coaching-search-what-history-of-interim-coaches-says-about-gregg-williams-chances    but the guy holding the coaching keys, was Dorsey's best choice. Williams 'has' these players backs..No better time than now, to see if this team will run through a wall for Williams then now..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons. 

    Laughable. 

    You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.

    Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.

    I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.

    The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.

    Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.

    Give Williams a shot.

    @ghoolie said:

    You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.

    Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.

    I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.

    The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.

    Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.

    Give Williams a shot.

    Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze. 

    You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.

    Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.

    Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.

    I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.

    The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.

    Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.

    Give Williams a shot.

    Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze. 

    You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.

    Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze. 

    You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.

    Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance. 

    I call dibs on C-SPAN 2. 

    The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.

    ”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”

    ”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze. 

    You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.

    Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance. 

    I call dibs on C-SPAN 2. 

    The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.

    ”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”

    ”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I call dibs on C-SPAN 2. 

    The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.

    ”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”

    ”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”

    Yep- I can see the Browns getting the most unique call in NFL history, "Cleveland - Baker's Dozen on the field - 5 yard penalty from the previous spot."

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Basically, your "morals" that you ramble on about can change with every little breeze. 

    You'll call for him to be fired the next game the Browns lose.

    Like I said, you are laughable, like Fox News. Full of bluster, with absolutely no substance. 

    I call dibs on C-SPAN 2. 

    The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.

    ”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”

    ”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I call dibs on C-SPAN 2. 

    The real wild card in all of this is how Kitchens steers the offense the last half dozen games or so. If he continues to be innovative and effective (emphasis on effective), then you have to think long and hard about keeping Baker in the Kitchens. The potential puns alone are terribly intriguing. Baker? Kitchens? Yeesh.

    ”Kitchen’s use of Baker has this team on a roll”

    ”Kitchen’s and Baker’s plays are so creative and innovative: it bagels the mind!”

    I'm waiting for.....

    ..... " Baker burns steelers in Pittsburgh"  Hundreds of steeler fans sickened trying to digest it. 😆

  • I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him..  One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Apparently EVERYTHING Ghoolie has been spewing about Williams can be conveniently forgotten with one victory over the Falcons. 

    Laughable. 

    You are like CNN. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.

    Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.

    I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that qe live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.

    The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.

    Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very wellnot lose another game this year.

    Give Williams a shot.

    @ghoolie said:

    You are like FoxNews. Regardless of reality, you cling to your narrative and childish bitterness.

    Here is the deal pimple-nutz, the sun sets, the sun rises, the qorld.turns, and time marches on.

    I would have never hired Williams for the very reasons I stated. Now, all that I said about him is true, but also true is that we live.in a different world than we did a few weeks ago.

    The team has responded in a way that nobody, for sure I would never have expected. It makes.perfect sense that if the guy can keep that spirit alive, all the caveats about him get flushed.

    Enough new starts and rebuilds. This team may very well not lose another game this year.

    Give Williams a shot.

    FIFY

  • Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.

    Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?

  • Williams has a TON of experience and I think it’s safe to say we all like what we see so far.

    Its interesting.. What would happen if G-Will does good and Dorsey still looks for “his guy”?

    Would Williams potentially be a HC candidate elsewhere?

  • I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him..  One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...

    @nickers said:

    I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him..  One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...

    I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind.  What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players.  How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages.  Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved.  He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc). 

    It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here.  Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment.  We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received.  A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material.  What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling.  Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response.  You know what’s REALLY crazy?  I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers.  I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk.  Just couldn’t stand them.  But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention. 

    Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC.  The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at.  Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage.   So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?

    Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses.  Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots.  In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games.  Why?  Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish.  That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision.  That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.  

    But you know what?  I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff.  Want to know why?  Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom.  He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach.  Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC.  Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either.  Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken.  This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach.  Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players?  I seriously doubt it.  

  • @nickers said:

    I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him..  One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...

    I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind.  What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players.  How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages.  Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved.  He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc). 

    It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here.  Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment.  We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received.  A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material.  What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling.  Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response.  You know what’s REALLY crazy?  I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers.  I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk.  Just couldn’t stand them.  But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention. 

    Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC.  The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at.  Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage.   So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?

    Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses.  Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots.  In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games.  Why?  Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish.  That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision.  That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.  

    But you know what?  I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff.  Want to know why?  Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom.  He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach.  Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC.  Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either.  Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken.  This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach.  Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players?  I seriously doubt it.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind.  What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players.  How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages.  Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved.  He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc). 

    It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here.  Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment.  We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received.  A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material.  What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling.  Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response.  You know what’s REALLY crazy?  I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers.  I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk.  Just couldn’t stand them.  But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention. 

    Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC.  The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at.  Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage.   So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?

    Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses.  Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots.  In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games.  Why?  Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish.  That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision.  That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.  

    But you know what?  I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff.  Want to know why?  Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom.  He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach.  Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC.  Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either.  Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken.  This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach.  Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players?  I seriously doubt it.  

    In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind.  What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players.  How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages.  Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved.  He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc). 

    It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here.  Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment.  We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received.  A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material.  What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling.  Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response.  You know what’s REALLY crazy?  I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers.  I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk.  Just couldn’t stand them.  But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention. 

    Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC.  The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at.  Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage.   So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?

    Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses.  Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots.  In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games.  Why?  Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish.  That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision.  That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.  

    But you know what?  I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff.  Want to know why?  Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom.  He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach.  Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC.  Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either.  Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken.  This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach.  Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players?  I seriously doubt it.  

    In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.

    @nickers said:

    In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.

    it's not like jackson set the bar very high to make someone else look good BUUUTT it sure is nice to see a coach on the sideline that doesnt look completely lost and that i am sure knows how many timeouts we have

  • Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

  • Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.

    Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.

    Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?

    I think that one of the worst things you can do on business is to hire someone, watch them soar in a new role, and then completely kill their spirit by putting them back inder the thumb of someone they used to work with

    This is the best opportunity that Williams will ever come across in his life. Take it away, marginalize him, and I promise you, he will be destroyed and soon on to greener pastures.

    Give the guy his due.

  • Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

    @ghoolie said:

    Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Practice what you preach

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Its just one good game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves....

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Because you never know.....GW could turn into the same thing before it is said and done.

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

    Too early in my opinion to make that judgment.  Not that it couldn't happen...just too early.

    The parallel is when Marty took over for Sam...hopefully.  It took Marty a half a season at the helm to solidify his position.  (remember, Browns were 1-7, fired Sam...then went 4-4 with Marty at the helm.  So, let's wait and see.

  • Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

    @ghoolie said:

    Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

    I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again! 

    Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol 

    NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make. 

  • My preseason prediction 5-9-1 now 3-6-1 it might come true.....even with all of the expected and unexpected twists and turns of a brutal NFL season.

    Anyone remember Hard Knocks?

    GO BROWNS 2018, baby and look out 2019, .500 or bust......baby.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis,  don't overrhink things, etc.......

    Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.

    Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes  I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.

    Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to  egone healing and getting better.

    Compared to  all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?

    Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.

    I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again! 

    Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol 

    NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again! 

    Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol 

    NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make. 

    To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing? Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and  FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision? WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.

    Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.

  • My preseason prediction 5-9-1 now 3-6-1 it might come true.....even with all of the expected and unexpected twists and turns of a brutal NFL season.

    Anyone remember Hard Knocks?

    GO BROWNS 2018, baby and look out 2019, .500 or bust......baby.

    @mjp28 said:

    My preseason prediction 5-9-1 now 3-6-1 it might come true.....even with all of the expected and unexpected twists and turns of a brutal NFL season.

    Anyone remember Hard Knocks?

    GO BROWNS 2018, baby and look out 2019, .500 or bust......baby.

    I felt 2  - 14 +/- 1-win was realistic. I had pre-season enthusiasm but again fell into reality. Right now there is great potential for egg on my face. I vote for egg on my face. If the Browns play as they did last week, they can honestly win out. At 9-6-1 they would likely make the playoffs. The missed field goals really hurt now, for sure.

    Honestly, last week was the best the Browns looked since 1999. Give Williams the team and don't screw with momentum. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again! 

    Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol 

    NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make. 

    To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing? Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and  FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision? WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.

    Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.

    @ghoolie said:

    To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing?

    That is not one game....that is 31 games.

    Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and  FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision?

    No....we should wait another 6 games til the end of the season

    WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.

    Well...remember that Eric Mangini went 4-0 in his last 4 games after Holmgren was hired.   And that 4 game wnning steak caused him to keep Manigin on.   And that was Fool's Gold, as Mangini then and sucked swamped water after he was kept.

    Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.