Greg WIlliams being interviewed for the HC position.
-
I may be in the minority but.. I hope Gregg works out..The players seem to dig him.. One thing I noticed the last 2 games is the ME and penalties are down considerably.. Another thing I notice.. The refs and officiating arent impacting the outcome like in games past... That to me is encouraging , to say the least...
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.
-
I mean, Gregg almost didn’t even cross my mind. What has shocked me more than just about anything is the way he is with the players. How he corresponds with the media, and the manner in which he conveys his messages. Gregg comes across sincere, intelligent, and fully involved. He preaches discipline and accountability, and so far the players have responded accordingly (fewer penalties, alleged better practices, etc).
It’s only been two games, so nobody here is jumping to conclusions or lofty predictions, but two games is all the evidence we have right now, and it’s what I’m basing my opinion on here. Gregg and the current coaching staff somehow “fit” with what we need at THIS moment. We needed an experienced, savvy, and disciplined presence during the ugly divorce period, and so far, that’s exactly what we’ve received. A lot of times we got to see the “fiery” side of Gregg, whether from Hard Knocks or other video material. What we didn’t see as much of was the kinder, caring side of him, and I think that’s really helping the players to buy into what he’s selling. Gregg isn’t a fool, and every time he’s asked about next year, he slyly changes the subject or gives the perfect politically correct response. You know what’s REALLY crazy? I actually LIKE watching/listening to his pressers. I used to HATE listening to Hue Jackson talk. Just couldn’t stand them. But when Gregg speaks, I find myself paying attention.
Freddie Kitchens has been somewhat of a revelation, and it’s pretty safe to say that the offense has exceeded many of our expectations after losing the head coach and OC. The Falcon’s game was a virtual masterpiece, and time after time he placed Baker Mayfield in position to make the kind of throws he excels at. Baker had several key 3rd down throws that could not have been placed any better, and he also displayed the ability to look down the field, not like what he saw, and then fire an ACCURATE ball to a RB for positive yardage. So here’s the thing….if you have a rookie QB, the #1 pick of the draft, and he’s beginning to take steps forward every week, do you REALLY want to separate him from his OC?
Again, it's been two weeks, against two bad defenses. Nobody is anointing our new staff and players the New England Patriots. In fact, I fully expect us to have a real stinker coming up in one of these games. Why? Because we have some young players at key positions, and we've got a young OC who undoubtedly will get his lunch eaten by a bigger fish. That being said, if we finish the year strong, even 2-4, it's going to be a difficult decision. That'd be 5-10-1, up from a winless season, with a young QB who got 12 games under his belt, and some positive momentum for the first time in forever.
But you know what? I almost think there's absolutely NO WAY Dorsey keeps the current staff. Want to know why? Because Dorsey has worked his way up from the bottom. He's been successful at multiple places, but guess what he's never gotten to do....he's never gotten to pick his own coach. Andy Reid was hired two weeks before Dorsey was hired in KC. Dorsey didn't pick the Packers' coach, either. Dorsey isn't "old", but he's no spring chicken. This could potentially be the only chance Dorsey will EVER get to pick his own coach. Can he really give that up because Freddie Kitchens is moving the offense and Gregg Williams is connecting with players? I seriously doubt it.
In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.
In the end.. It's Dorsey's decision... I still think Dorsey wins either way... I'm not disappointed 1 Iota about the work he's done already.. My main focus now is.. How the last 6 games plays out... Its still gonna be Dorseys guy weather its Williams or not.
it's not like jackson set the bar very high to make someone else look good BUUUTT it sure is nice to see a coach on the sideline that doesnt look completely lost and that i am sure knows how many timeouts we have
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
-
Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.
Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?
Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.
Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?
I think that one of the worst things you can do on business is to hire someone, watch them soar in a new role, and then completely kill their spirit by putting them back inder the thumb of someone they used to work with
This is the best opportunity that Williams will ever come across in his life. Take it away, marginalize him, and I promise you, he will be destroyed and soon on to greener pastures.
Give the guy his due.
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Practice what you preach
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Its just one good game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves....
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Because you never know.....GW could turn into the same thing before it is said and done.
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
Too early in my opinion to make that judgment. Not that it couldn't happen...just too early.
The parallel is when Marty took over for Sam...hopefully. It took Marty a half a season at the helm to solidify his position. (remember, Browns were 1-7, fired Sam...then went 4-4 with Marty at the helm. So, let's wait and see.
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again!
Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol
NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make.
-
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again!
Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol
NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make.
I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again!
Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol
NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make.
To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing? Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision? WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.
Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.
-
My preseason prediction 5-9-1 now 3-6-1 it might come true.....even with all of the expected and unexpected twists and turns of a brutal NFL season.
Anyone remember Hard Knocks?
GO BROWNS 2018, baby and look out 2019, .500 or bust......baby.
My preseason prediction 5-9-1 now 3-6-1 it might come true.....even with all of the expected and unexpected twists and turns of a brutal NFL season.
Anyone remember Hard Knocks?
GO BROWNS 2018, baby and look out 2019, .500 or bust......baby.
I felt 2 - 14 +/- 1-win was realistic. I had pre-season enthusiasm but again fell into reality. Right now there is great potential for egg on my face. I vote for egg on my face. If the Browns play as they did last week, they can honestly win out. At 9-6-1 they would likely make the playoffs. The missed field goals really hurt now, for sure.
Honestly, last week was the best the Browns looked since 1999. Give Williams the team and don't screw with momentum.
-
I'm starting to get on board with it. I'm beyond excited about the last 6 games, and let's be honest....a month ago I wasn't sure I would be, or if I'd be checking out mock drafts again!
Gregg had a funny quote after the game about Chubb. He said it so dryly it made me laugh. "He's got the power, but also the run away from ya. You just saw the run away from ya." lololol
NFL schedules are always changing. Games you thought would be hard might be softer and vice versa. I think we can split the Bengals, beat the Broncos, and MAYBE find another win in there somewhere. But right now, I think we win 2 more games, and if we can still play relatively well in our losses, I think 2 wins is just fine, and will make the Dorsey decision tough to make.
To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing? Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision? WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.
Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.
To me, this is obvious. Gip said not to let one game influence me? WTF? 1-15, 0- 16, and we do nothing?
That is not one game....that is 31 games.
Now, for the first time since 1999 the team shows the spirit, intensity, creativity and FUN that we have been dying for................... and we are going to do what? WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 31 time to make a decision?
No....we should wait another 6 games til the end of the season
WTF is wrong with Browns fans and the fanchise? For the love of god, even if WIlliams only brings this out once per year it is a MAGNANIMOUS improvement from what we sucked down willingly for the last 2 years.
Well...remember that Eric Mangini went 4-0 in his last 4 games after Holmgren was hired. And that 4 game wnning steak caused him to keep Manigin on. And that was Fool's Gold, as Mangini then and sucked swamped water after he was kept.
Hire the guy, and quit dicking with this team.
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Practice what you preach
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Its just one good game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves....
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Because you never know.....GW could turn into the same thing before it is said and done.
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
Too early in my opinion to make that judgment. Not that it couldn't happen...just too early.
The parallel is when Marty took over for Sam...hopefully. It took Marty a half a season at the helm to solidify his position. (remember, Browns were 1-7, fired Sam...then went 4-4 with Marty at the helm. So, let's wait and see.
Gip, your statement that it is too early to tell, is in effect exactly what I am talking about. It is TOO early to tell if WIlliams is the guy... it is too early to tell if he isn't the guy.
So how do you find out? Easy. Quit dicking with the team, quit interviewing people ang making the clear statement that he ISN"T THE GUY.................. and leave the fukcing team alone already. The guy is the HC, Shmuckc this "interim" bullcrap. Am I supposed to believe the win last week didn't count because it is an interim win?
Look bro, we see a change, we see a fired up team. Let TIME decide if WIlliams is the guy. Give him an unfettered hand, stay the hell out of his way and for once, let the team find itself without all this FO bullschidt. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL for the lof of God.
-
Gip, your statement that it is too early to tell, is in effect exactly what I am talking about. It is TOO early to tell if WIlliams is the guy... it is too early to tell if he isn't the guy.
So how do you find out? Easy. Quit dicking with the team, quit interviewing people ang making the clear statement that he ISN"T THE GUY.................. and leave the fukcing team alone already. The guy is the HC, Shmuckc this "interim" bullcrap. Am I supposed to believe the win last week didn't count because it is an interim win?
Look bro, we see a change, we see a fired up team. Let TIME decide if WIlliams is the guy. Give him an unfettered hand, stay the hell out of his way and for once, let the team find itself without all this FO bullschidt. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL for the lof of God.
Gip, your statement that it is too early to tell, is in effect exactly what I am talking about. It is TOO early to tell if WIlliams is the guy... it is too early to tell if he isn't the guy.
So how do you find out? Easy. Quit dicking with the team, quit interviewing people ang making the clear statement that he ISN"T THE GUY.................. and leave the fukcing team alone already. The guy is the HC, Shmuckc this "interim" bullcrap. Am I supposed to believe the win last week didn't count because it is an interim win?
Look bro, we see a change, we see a fired up team. Let TIME decide if WIlliams is the guy. Give him an unfettered hand, stay the hell out of his way and for once, let the team find itself without all this FO bullschidt. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL for the lof of God.
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
-
Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.
Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams and he goes back to DC? Or would that be another "arraigned marriage" situation that we had with Hue and Dorsey?
Let's say for the sake of argument, the HC next year isn't Williams.
Does Dorsey bring in a guy who has ties to Williams
Only by pure chance.
-
Some euphemisms apply.....paralysis by analysis, don't overrhink things, etc.......
Perhaps for once, instead of relying on some esoteric checklist or analytical process, the Browns should just go with the flow.
Does it really matter why Williams seemingly has energized all of us? Screw it! Quit fidgeting around with this team. Sometimes I liken the Browns to an open wound with people lined up to poke and prod at.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes?
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do.
Williams, for what ever reasons I don' have a clue, has allowed this team, in one week to egone healing and getting better. This sometimes happens right after a coach gets fired in-season. Small sample size thus far. More data to come from 6 more games.
Compared to all the jackoffs who came before? Jackoffs with huge resumes? Yup. Getting Higgins & Shobert back along with Greg Robinson at LT helped too.
Give the team to Williams and the butt out. That's qhat i would do. You have your wish. And best of all you can defer your final decision until after the season.
6 more games of data coming our way.
-
-
Gip, your statement that it is too early to tell, is in effect exactly what I am talking about. It is TOO early to tell if WIlliams is the guy... it is too early to tell if he isn't the guy.
So how do you find out? Easy. Quit dicking with the team, quit interviewing people ang making the clear statement that he ISN"T THE GUY.................. and leave the fukcing team alone already. The guy is the HC, Shmuckc this "interim" bullcrap. Am I supposed to believe the win last week didn't count because it is an interim win?
Look bro, we see a change, we see a fired up team. Let TIME decide if WIlliams is the guy. Give him an unfettered hand, stay the hell out of his way and for once, let the team find itself without all this FO bullschidt. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL for the lof of God.
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is yiu get a coupke great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
-
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is yiu get a coupke great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is you get a couple great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
-
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is you get a couple great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
I actually think you make a good point. One of the recent statements Gregg made something like, "What do you know, we practiced well all week and we played a much better game." As far as the penalties go, I'm really not sure if a different coach can REALLY impact that part of the game so quickly, but I WANT to believe Gregg's the reason for it.
Ya know, we kind of got our butts kicked against the Chiefs, but the funny thing about that game is we were a big play away from making it a game in the second half. I'm not saying we were close to WINNING, but our defense gets a pick 6 in that 3rd quarter, and all the sudden anything can happen.
Anyway, the one thing I want Gregg to really stress is ball security. That Atlanta game could have gone VERY differently if we didn't recover every fumble, AND we get a fortunate fumble reversal that was insanely close. Of course, Atlanta ALSO recovered THEIR fumbles, too, but whatever. Our team can't afford to hand over the ball, and we put it on the carpet too much! Also, Mr. Chubb tends to hold the rock with 1 arm....tighten it up, rook!
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely). Gregg and Freddie basically have an 8 game interview, and so far they're exceeding my expectations. I don't want people getting too high or too low on a weekly basis. Let's give our coaches the time to see what they can do.
-
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
I actually think you make a good point. One of the recent statements Gregg made something like, "What do you know, we practiced well all week and we played a much better game." As far as the penalties go, I'm really not sure if a different coach can REALLY impact that part of the game so quickly, but I WANT to believe Gregg's the reason for it.
Ya know, we kind of got our butts kicked against the Chiefs, but the funny thing about that game is we were a big play away from making it a game in the second half. I'm not saying we were close to WINNING, but our defense gets a pick 6 in that 3rd quarter, and all the sudden anything can happen.
Anyway, the one thing I want Gregg to really stress is ball security. That Atlanta game could have gone VERY differently if we didn't recover every fumble, AND we get a fortunate fumble reversal that was insanely close. Of course, Atlanta ALSO recovered THEIR fumbles, too, but whatever. Our team can't afford to hand over the ball, and we put it on the carpet too much! Also, Mr. Chubb tends to hold the rock with 1 arm....tighten it up, rook!
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely). Gregg and Freddie basically have an 8 game interview, and so far they're exceeding my expectations. I don't want people getting too high or too low on a weekly basis. Let's give our coaches the time to see what they can do.
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely).
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
-
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely).
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
Yeah, I know. But I kind of like that fickle, grumpy fan who poses as a trouble-maker. He's not so bad!
Anyway, it's rather exciting to think about our team being as healthy as they're going to be next week. Knock on wood, we've been rather lucky with the injury bug. A solid week of rest will do much to heal the nagging type injuries, and we already know our energy is high.
Believe it or not, there's a ton of pressure on our team right now. We're healthy, we're coming off a giant win, we're playing the team our embattled former coach went to, it's a road game, and it's a division game to boot. We've heard about "stacking wins", winning on the road, finishing games....it's time to start putting it all together.
I'm not saying we would've WON, but man....I would've loved to see us play the Chiefs at full strength. Randall and Schobert are just THAT important.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login