Greg WIlliams being interviewed for the HC position.
-
Gip, your statement that it is too early to tell, is in effect exactly what I am talking about. It is TOO early to tell if WIlliams is the guy... it is too early to tell if he isn't the guy.
So how do you find out? Easy. Quit dicking with the team, quit interviewing people ang making the clear statement that he ISN"T THE GUY.................. and leave the fukcing team alone already. The guy is the HC, Shmuckc this "interim" bullcrap. Am I supposed to believe the win last week didn't count because it is an interim win?
Look bro, we see a change, we see a fired up team. Let TIME decide if WIlliams is the guy. Give him an unfettered hand, stay the hell out of his way and for once, let the team find itself without all this FO bullschidt. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL for the lof of God.
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is yiu get a coupke great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
-
I like the arguments you've made for him in this thread Ghoolie. This team looked way better prepared on offense and STs. The penalties are down. We even saw a goal line stand last week. It didn't look like the game plan fell on deaf ears. It looked like everyone bought in and went to work for a coaching staff these guys respect and believe in.
The GOOD NEWS is he's going to get an interview so we don't have to hurry anything here. I'd like to keep seeing this team rally around the hope he'll get hired so they keep winning to get it done. Dangle that carrot!
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is yiu get a coupke great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is you get a couple great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
-
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is you get a couple great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
I actually think you make a good point. One of the recent statements Gregg made something like, "What do you know, we practiced well all week and we played a much better game." As far as the penalties go, I'm really not sure if a different coach can REALLY impact that part of the game so quickly, but I WANT to believe Gregg's the reason for it.
Ya know, we kind of got our butts kicked against the Chiefs, but the funny thing about that game is we were a big play away from making it a game in the second half. I'm not saying we were close to WINNING, but our defense gets a pick 6 in that 3rd quarter, and all the sudden anything can happen.
Anyway, the one thing I want Gregg to really stress is ball security. That Atlanta game could have gone VERY differently if we didn't recover every fumble, AND we get a fortunate fumble reversal that was insanely close. Of course, Atlanta ALSO recovered THEIR fumbles, too, but whatever. Our team can't afford to hand over the ball, and we put it on the carpet too much! Also, Mr. Chubb tends to hold the rock with 1 arm....tighten it up, rook!
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely). Gregg and Freddie basically have an 8 game interview, and so far they're exceeding my expectations. I don't want people getting too high or too low on a weekly basis. Let's give our coaches the time to see what they can do.
-
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
I actually think you make a good point. One of the recent statements Gregg made something like, "What do you know, we practiced well all week and we played a much better game." As far as the penalties go, I'm really not sure if a different coach can REALLY impact that part of the game so quickly, but I WANT to believe Gregg's the reason for it.
Ya know, we kind of got our butts kicked against the Chiefs, but the funny thing about that game is we were a big play away from making it a game in the second half. I'm not saying we were close to WINNING, but our defense gets a pick 6 in that 3rd quarter, and all the sudden anything can happen.
Anyway, the one thing I want Gregg to really stress is ball security. That Atlanta game could have gone VERY differently if we didn't recover every fumble, AND we get a fortunate fumble reversal that was insanely close. Of course, Atlanta ALSO recovered THEIR fumbles, too, but whatever. Our team can't afford to hand over the ball, and we put it on the carpet too much! Also, Mr. Chubb tends to hold the rock with 1 arm....tighten it up, rook!
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely). Gregg and Freddie basically have an 8 game interview, and so far they're exceeding my expectations. I don't want people getting too high or too low on a weekly basis. Let's give our coaches the time to see what they can do.
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely).
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
-
I hope fans don't freak out if we lay an egg next week (although I don't think it's likely).
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
Yeah, I know. But I kind of like that fickle, grumpy fan who poses as a trouble-maker. He's not so bad!
Anyway, it's rather exciting to think about our team being as healthy as they're going to be next week. Knock on wood, we've been rather lucky with the injury bug. A solid week of rest will do much to heal the nagging type injuries, and we already know our energy is high.
Believe it or not, there's a ton of pressure on our team right now. We're healthy, we're coming off a giant win, we're playing the team our embattled former coach went to, it's a road game, and it's a division game to boot. We've heard about "stacking wins", winning on the road, finishing games....it's time to start putting it all together.
I'm not saying we would've WON, but man....I would've loved to see us play the Chiefs at full strength. Randall and Schobert are just THAT important.
-
I can think of one Gregg Williams "fan" who would throw him under the bus, drive over him with said bus, then back the bus up over Williams and drive over him again if they lose again.
Yeah, I know. But I kind of like that fickle, grumpy fan who poses as a trouble-maker. He's not so bad!
Anyway, it's rather exciting to think about our team being as healthy as they're going to be next week. Knock on wood, we've been rather lucky with the injury bug. A solid week of rest will do much to heal the nagging type injuries, and we already know our energy is high.
Believe it or not, there's a ton of pressure on our team right now. We're healthy, we're coming off a giant win, we're playing the team our embattled former coach went to, it's a road game, and it's a division game to boot. We've heard about "stacking wins", winning on the road, finishing games....it's time to start putting it all together.
I'm not saying we would've WON, but man....I would've loved to see us play the Chiefs at full strength. Randall and Schobert are just THAT important.
Yeah, I know. But I kind of like that fickle, grumpy fan who poses as a trouble-maker. He's not so bad!
It's actually somewhat entertaining to watch him play some of you. It's like a few of you have Stockholm Syndrome.
That fickle, grumpy "fan" knows the Browns aren't going to give Gregg Williams the head coach job, unless the Browns absolutely play out of their mind. So when the Browns lose any games under the eventual guy they DO hire as head coach next year and beyond, he can pat his back and tell everyone how the Browns Shmucked up by not giving Gregg Williams the job. The same Gregg Williams he called a thug and a coffee fetcher all season long. And if the Browns would hire him, the "fickle, grumpy fan" will turn on him in a second anyways.
My god, some of you are so gullible. Bridge sales must be brisk.
-
Yeah, I know. But I kind of like that fickle, grumpy fan who poses as a trouble-maker. He's not so bad!
It's actually somewhat entertaining to watch him play some of you. It's like a few of you have Stockholm Syndrome.
That fickle, grumpy "fan" knows the Browns aren't going to give Gregg Williams the head coach job, unless the Browns absolutely play out of their mind. So when the Browns lose any games under the eventual guy they DO hire as head coach next year and beyond, he can pat his back and tell everyone how the Browns Shmucked up by not giving Gregg Williams the job. The same Gregg Williams he called a thug and a coffee fetcher all season long. And if the Browns would hire him, the "fickle, grumpy fan" will turn on him in a second anyways.
My god, some of you are so gullible. Bridge sales must be brisk.
It's actually somewhat entertaining to watch him play some of you. It's like a few of you have Stockholm Syndrome.
That fickle, grumpy "fan" knows the Browns aren't going to give Gregg Williams the head coach job, unless the Browns absolutely play out of their mind. So when the Browns lose any games under the eventual guy they DO hire as head coach next year and beyond, he can pat his back and tell everyone how the Browns Shmucked up by not giving Gregg Williams the job. The same Gregg Williams he called a thug and a coffee fetcher all season long. And if the Browns would hire him, the "fickle, grumpy fan" will turn on him in a second anyways.
My god, some of you are so gullible. Bridge sales must be brisk.
I'm an optimistic jerk. What can I say? ?
But seriously, I think just about everyone knows you're probably right. For reasons others and I have said, Gregg and company won't likely be back, BUT....if the squad DOES ball out, it gets a little tricky.
I'm just glad Baker got to experience another win last week. It really felt like the losing was starting to take a toll on Baker, and it's quite a leap for a confident QB to make coming from a realm where ONE loss literally can cost you your season goals, and then going to a place where losing is almost a way of life. But like I said earlier, stacking wins is the next step. Can we, as a team, put together two complete games? Offense, defense, AND special teams? It's a big ask, and it'll get tougher as the weather deteriorates.
This upcoming draft appears light on certain things we need, such as WR, but heavier on other things, such as DL. I can't comment on the 2019 LB class, but I'll research later today. I think we'll draft a WR at some point, but I would really expect our WR assistance to come in the form of a FA signing, or giant trade. I honestly believe the O'Dell Beckham trade has legit wings, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Giants start making moves in order to accumulate assets. O'Dell, Landry, Higgins, and Callaway is quite lineup.
Anyway, sorry for the long message. Enjoy your Sunday, Dutch! You've always been one of the best on the board.
-
Just so there isn't any confusion, I've also been impressed by the job done by Williams and Kitchens.
The team is playing disciplined and seem to be on the same page. I'm digging it.
But I just don't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Gregg Williams, I don't think he's really even on his radar. For Williams to get the job, he's going to have to absolutely force Dorsey to have to hire him. Looking at the schedule, I just don't see how that is going to happen.
-
Just so there isn't any confusion, I've also been impressed by the job done by Williams and Kitchens.
The team is playing disciplined and seem to be on the same page. I'm digging it.
But I just don't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Gregg Williams, I don't think he's really even on his radar. For Williams to get the job, he's going to have to absolutely force Dorsey to have to hire him. Looking at the schedule, I just don't see how that is going to happen.
Just so there isn't any confusion, I've also been impressed by the job done by Williams and Kitchens.
The team is playing disciplined and seem to be on the same page. I'm digging it.
But I just don't see Dorsey hitching his wagon to Gregg Williams, I don't think he's really even on his radar. For Williams to get the job, he's going to have to absolutely force Dorsey to have to hire him. Looking at the schedule, I just don't see how that is going to happen.
I think it will depend too when they "round up the usual suspects" and the new surprise names that come up interested in the BROWNS HC job......at about $4 or $5 million/yr or so. It's like waiting for Christmas and it will be here before you know it.
-
Am l mistaken or is Williams still technically under contract as the DC for another year or 2 after this?
-
Am l mistaken or is Williams still technically under contract as the DC for another year or 2 after this?
Am l mistaken or is Williams still technically under contract as the DC for another year or 2 after this?
This is his second year with the Browns, I would imagine he signed a 3 or 4 year contract when he hired in.
-
Fkugs, it was not even about winning, although sheeeeeet. that was the schidt. Just look at the team. That wasn't a fluke. A fluke win is you get a couple great calls and ball bounces, breaks.
Every part of the team was juiced. These players like this guy. The energy level was like sailors at a whorehouse on payday.
This is something we have not seen since before 1995.
If I am Haslam, my search is over.He has done more in a week than Hue did in 2 years.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
Part of it is- Hue's Country Club practices- and not holding players accountable- went out the door with him. Don't know if you saw Hard Knocks, but what I got out of it is Williams is the type of coach the players will respect- or else. Not Hue's bluster when he dissed Haley telling him- you don't sit in this (HC) chair, when in fact both Haley and Williams had.
Larry, honestly I couldn t bring myself to watch. Hue Jackson made me puke. Noce giy, but he was a con man.
-
Am l mistaken or is Williams still technically under contract as the DC for another year or 2 after this?
This is his second year with the Browns, I would imagine he signed a 3 or 4 year contract when he hired in.
This is his second year with the Browns, I would imagine he signed a 3 or 4 year contract when he hired in.
That's pretty much the going rate to land a new HC but they are so secretive about those things. Most published HC numbers are put together rumours.
-
And when he was asked on what he may have learned working with hue.... Williams completely dodged the question. Funny stuff there. He’s way different as a head coach than he was as DC in the way he conducts himself. Talks more like a coach too. That childish nanny talk from the last one was like nails on a chalkboard.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login